COMPLETE [Group-Christianity] Heart Talks on Holiness by S.L. Brengle - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
nanbear

Post by nanbear »

pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 18 is PL OK. Thank you, Nanbear.

Beth, I've set aside Sunday afternoon to record and submit my chapter.
Pattymarie
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

MW updated! We are getting close to finishing now!
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Here's my little chapter with a duration of 10:02

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/hearttalks_09_brengle_128kb.mp3

Thanks for letting me do this one, Beth.
Pattymarie
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

This is PL OK! You have a sweet reading voice, perfectly suited to the encouraging material!

We are done! Ready for the catalogue! I don't think I will amend the summary, I don't really have anything to add...
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Elizabby wrote: July 29th, 2018, 4:01 pm This is PL OK! You have a sweet reading voice, perfectly suited to the encouraging material!
:) Thank you. This time I was consciously trying to imitate yours -- not the accent, that would come across as fake, but the tone and rhythm -- and other sweet voices I've heard on this and similar projects. BTW For most of next month I'm going to be in northern England, walking on the coast and some of the inland wilds of Northumberland and just being in my beloved city of Durham at the castle b&b for a few days. I might come back with a bit of the accent from up there genuinely rubbed off on me.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Beth, what I would add to the summary is that most of the book is focused on ordinary living in obedience that works out holiness as opposed to "mountain top" or charismatic experiences. I was impressed with his insights into how suffering accompanied by continued praise and joy in the Lord bears fruit in loosening our attachment to this world and attaching our affections to Him. The chapter that dwelt on Paul and all that he suffered and yet accomplished so much for God's glory and man's salvation was most moving.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Beth and David,

I just happened to listen to the beginning of my file again and noticed that it had two seconds and some clicking noises at the beginning, so I've edited those out reducing the silence at the beginning to one second and re-uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/hearttalks_09_brengle_128kb.mp3 10:02
Pattymarie
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Patty! I did notice those noises, but didn't think it was worth making a PL note to correct - but if you've corrected it now that's even better!

Summary is updated and we are definitely ready for the catalogue now, thanks David!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Also, as this book is now finished, and my other Brengle book is already full, I've launched a new one: The Soul Winner's Secret. Find it here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=71215
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thank you Beth, Patty and all readers. :clap:

This project is now complete!
All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
https://librivox.org/heart-talks-on-holiness-by-samuel-logan-brengle/
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

The project summary showing on the LV catalog page indicates the summary will be updated prior to cataloging . . .

MaryAnn
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hey, look! This was the 12,000th!

viewtopic.php?p=1492096#p1492096