[COMPLETE] World's Story 2: India, Persia, Mesopotamia, Palestine - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yaelh wrote: June 8th, 2018, 2:46 am Here are my recordings:
Section 81:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_081_tappan_128kb.mp3 5.90 KB
Section 82:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_082_tappan_128kb.mp3 2.21 KB
Thanks and again sorry for the delay,
thank you Yael ! No need to be sorry, as you were still inside your two-month-deadline :9: But I'm happy you sent them today, because the project is so near to closing.

Your sections are both beautifully read again. :D I would not have wanted to be a guest to a high-ranking host in those days :lol: those ceremonies are simply not to my taste.

I found 3 errors, which would need to be corrected though:

for section 81:

> at 0:27: could you please also include the date after the title, just like it’s written in the book ? It’s always interesting to see dates, especially because this is a history book. So the title should be: “How to make calls (about 1885) by S.G.W. Benjamin”

> at 1:34: missing line: (p. 451) “If a person of very high degree is to call on one of similar position”

for section 82:

> at 0:09: same here, please include the date in the title: “Making a present to an official (about 1885) by S.G.W. Benjamin”

the rest is perfect, thanks !

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Hi Auntie!

I was able to whip this one out after all:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_084_tappan_128kb.mp3 (5:01)

I'm quite tired after facilitating a workshop for 10 hours, so I don't promise a mistake-free reading (but I'm hoping) :D .

Happy Listening!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: June 9th, 2018, 4:33 pm Hi Auntie!
:lol:
I was able to whip this one out after all:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_084_tappan_128kb.mp3 (5:01)
I'm quite tired after facilitating a workshop for 10 hours, so I don't promise a mistake-free reading (but I'm hoping) :D .
well here's good news for you, the section is a perfect PL ok. :thumbs: Thank you so much for this beautiful narrative. Lots of rituals to go through for one single prayer :?

I was fully expecting some rumbling of thunder in the midst of it, but couldn't detect any. It seems the weather has cleared up ;)

See you in the next part :9:

Only a few more sections that need editing in this project and then we're done ! So close, yay.

Sonia
yaelh

Post by yaelh »

Hi Sonia,

Here are the corrected sections:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_082_tappan_128kb.mp3 2.24 KB 6:23
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_082_tappan_128kb.mp3 5.99 KB 2:23

Are they PL okay now?

Yael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yaelh wrote: June 10th, 2018, 10:51 pm Here are the corrected sections:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_082_tappan_128kb.mp3 2.24 KB 6:23
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_082_tappan_128kb.mp3 5.99 KB 2:23

Are they PL okay now?
hi Yael ! unfortunately there has been a bit of a problem. As you can see, you named both your files Section 82 :? Now what I have in the MW is a corrected Section 81, but it's named "82". And the real Section 82 is missing now because the file got replaced by the wrongly named 81.

I hope you still have the correct files on your computer. Could you please re-upload both corrected files once again, making sure that Section 81 is also named 81 ?

Thanks !

Sonia
yaelh

Post by yaelh »

Sorry for the mistake...
Luckily, I've saved them in two different folders. I'll upload them again when I get home this evening.
Thanks,
Yael
yaelh

Post by yaelh »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

third time's the charm. Perfect now, and both files back to where they belong :thumbs: PL ok now. Thanks so much Yael.

Sonia
yaelh

Post by yaelh »

Sonia, Thanks for running this great project! I was really glad to take part in it :D
See you soon in other projects :9:
Yael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yaelh wrote: June 12th, 2018, 1:24 pm Sonia, Thanks for running this great project! I was really glad to take part in it :D
See you soon in other projects :9:
well if you want to continue on our world journey...Part 3 has already started. ;) Africa and Arabia ! Would be happy to see you over there, whenever you feel like it.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Farnood wrote: June 16th, 2018, 10:27 am Here are the edited sections:
YAY ! Thank you so much, Farnood, for the speedy corrections. All very nicely done. The background noise was still a bit disturbing, so I did one more round of noise-cleaning myself, and now it sounds a lot better. :9: All sections PL ok.

And that means: *drum-roll*

This project has now come to a close after only 3 and a half months running ! A big thank you to all of the 26 dedicated readers who made this happen:
(in alphabetical order, so as to leave no one out)

adr6090 / alanmapstone / AtalieH / automatonlexicon / Availle / benderca / bluechien / catharmaiden / ChrisFields / DrPGould / Farnood / kayray / Kitty / knotyouraveragejo / krazystew / lorda / mightyfelix / moniaqua / neecheelok70 / NemoR / RajVO / realisticspeakers / silverquill / ToddHW / WiltedScribe / yaelh

The 12 readers in red are the ones that have participated in the first book of this series as well. Let's see how many will stay on for the entire series :mrgreen:

A warm welcome to our brand-newbies, who had chosen this project to do their very first (but hopefully not last) sections in: automatonlexicon and yaelh
Actually I can include ChrisFields, Farnood and krazystew in this group as well. Although it was not their very first but second project, they were still quite new on the forum.
Wonderful jobs you all did ! :clap:

here are some "section-prizes" (for fun):

1) the prize for first section finished goes to: Jim (neecheelok70) with " India Part VII: The India of to-day: historical note". (However he has to share this distinction with Nemo, who completed his role as the Pupil in the DR before him.)
But Jim also receives the special hardiness prize for tackling the longest section (over 48 minutes !) with " How Cyrus the Great won the land of gold", as well as recording a total of 27 sections in this project. Thanks, Jim, also for PLing my sections :9:

2) Alan Mapstone brought our project to the 50% completed mark with " The relief of Lucknow"

3) and TJ (benderca) has completed the 100th section in this project, well worth a mention: " Mesopotamia Part II: Babylon the magnificent: historical note"

A big thank you, as always, goes to our small theatre group for making Sakoontala such a wonderful and entertaining play: Bernd, Eva, Monika, Nemo, Philip, Sandra, TJ, Todd, Tomas and myself.
In this context: a huge special thanks to Todd, editor extraordinaire, for pasting together the play and especially for making Eva and TJ match in their group speeches :thumbs:

And an entertaining mention goes to Jo and Kara for choosing this project to participate in the ingenious April challenge contest ! Thanks and I'm glad you liked the sections

And a final thanks (and then I stop) goes to Miguel (basquetteur) for tirelessly hunting down a wonderful PD image for the CD cover. Now that we have two parts finished, the cover concept is starting to become more apparent. Can't wait to see all the little images side by side at the end of the series. :9:

I hope I see you all in the next part !!! Will start archiving now, which will probably take me some time. I'll post the link here when it's done. :)

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Wow! Interesting juicy tidbits about the production! Thanks, Sonia!

And thanks, Sonia, for your engaged, dedicated, entertaining, and professional work as BC, MC, and PL!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And here we go:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/the-worlds-story-volume-ii-india-persia-mesopotamia-and-palestine-by-eva-march-tappan/

Thank you all !

Sonia
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :birthday: