[COMPLETE] World's Story 2: India, Persia, Mesopotamia, Palestine - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Can I claim the child from section 25 ? :)

Greetings from the Palatinate. :mrgreen:
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lorda wrote: March 6th, 2018, 10:42 am Can I claim the child from section 25 ? :)
oh hi Bernd :D you want to be a child again ? I remember you as Peterchen ;) but I think this one is even younger :lol:

all right, I sign you up. Thanks !

Please for the voice credit, only read your underlined part, a bit intonated as if you would read the whole sentence, so it will sound good later on assembled:
Sonia as the Narrator, Tomas Peter as the King, Eva Davis as the First Attendant, XXX as the Second Attendant, Lorda as the Child, Monika as Sakoontala, Philip Gould as Matali, Todd as Kasyapa, XXX as Aditi and Nemo as the Pupil.
Sonia
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Here is the child. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_025_child_tappan_128kb.mp3

0:36 min.

If the voice is not ok - let me know and I try an other. :?

I hope the filename is ok in this way. :)

Greetings.
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello Kitty,
I would like to claim sections 09, 10, 16, 56, 77, 83,94 & 112 if no one else has claimed them.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lorda wrote: March 6th, 2018, 12:09 pm Here is the child. :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_025_child_tappan_128kb.mp3

0:36 min.
If the voice is not ok - let me know and I try an other. :?
oh, that was fast ! And yes, the voice is absolutely fine. You do sound indeed more child-like here, which is perfect. :thumbs: Also no errors at all.

But I only still need the voice credit, as I mentioned in my previous post. I will paste them all together in the intro disclaimer, so it would be good if you could read your "part" the way I underlined it here in this sentence (only read your part):
Sonia as the Narrator, Tomas Peter as the King, Eva Davis as the First Attendant, XXX as the Second Attendant, Lorda as the Child, Monika as Sakoontala, Philip Gould as Matali, Todd as Kasyapa, XXX as Aditi and Nemo as the Pupil.
I hope the filename is ok in this way. :)
yes thank you, it's good you put the role in, to differentiate from the others.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: March 6th, 2018, 12:16 pmI would like to claim sections 09, 10, 16, 56, 77, 83,94 & 112 if no one else has claimed them.
Hey April, thank you for joining again in this new project :D Yes these sections are all still available, and I think some sound very interesting (the hill of bones :shock: what's that all about ?) I look forward to learning all about it.

Thanks for claiming, and have fun !

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: March 6th, 2018, 12:36 pm
adr6090 wrote: March 6th, 2018, 12:16 pmI would like to claim sections 09, 10, 16, 56, 77, 83,94 & 112 if no one else has claimed them.
Hey April, thank you for joining again in this new project :D Yes these sections are all still available, and I think some sound very interesting (the hill of bones :shock: what's that all about ?) I look forward to learning all about it.

Thanks for claiming, and have fun !

Sonia
:thumbs:
April
Mayurakshi

Post by Mayurakshi »

Hi!

I would like to read sections 21, 30, 32, and 35! Thanks! Also, I'm a first time reader. I would like to be referred to as Mayurakshi in the catalogue. Can't wait to start collaborating with you wonderful people!
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
RajVO

Post by RajVO »

If available, I can read Sections 14,17,18,20, 21 and 22. :)
My Project Catalog
Cheers, Raj.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Mayurakshi wrote: March 6th, 2018, 3:47 pmI would like to read sections 21, 30, 32, and 35! Thanks! Also, I'm a first time reader. I would like to be referred to as Mayurakshi in the catalogue. Can't wait to start collaborating with you wonderful people!
Hello and welcome to LibriVox, Mayurakshi. :D I'm happy that you chose this project as your first venture into recording. It is in fact quite a good choice, as there are many very short sections to start practicing with. Though I notice, you didn't choose any of the very small ones :lol:

I can reserve those 4 sections for you for the time being, but I would warmly recommend that you start with a One-Minute-Test, to check your technical settings. It's much better to iron out the initial kinks and errors in a short test than finding out about them after you recorded a 20-minute piece. :? You can post your one-minute-test in the Listeners Wanted Subforum: viewforum.php?f=21 Just create a new topic thread and post your uploaded link there and someone will be there shortly to give you feedback.

As soon as you have the OK on your test, let me know and I assign you your sections officially and create your reader page. You'll find all the details for the short or long disclaimer, as well as naming of your file in the first post. Again as a suggestion: I would start with one of the shorter sections (I see you claimed a few with only 5 pages) to get into the practice of recording.

If there are any questions still, please don't hesitate to ask.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: March 6th, 2018, 5:30 pm Here are a few--40, 41, and 42:
Jim, you are always so fast ! I'll put them in the MW for the moment, but will hopefully get around to PLing them today still.

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote: March 6th, 2018, 7:42 pm First attendant reporting in!
thank you Eva :9: will PL soon. Looking forward to this

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RajVO wrote: March 6th, 2018, 10:44 pm If available, I can read Sections 14,17,18,20, 21 and 22. :)
Hello Raj, welcome to the project :D I can assign Sections 14, 17, 18, 20 and 22 to you. Unfortunately 21 has been claimed a bit earlier on and I have reserved it for our new member Mayurakshi for the moment. But the other 5 definitely belong to you now. Have fun !

Please take care to use the long or short disclaimer, check the MW for details. :)

Sonia