[COMPLETE] World's Story 2: India, Persia, Mesopotamia, Palestine - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RajVO

Post by RajVO »

Kitty wrote: March 7th, 2018, 12:21 am
RajVO wrote: March 6th, 2018, 10:44 pm If available, I can read Sections 14,17,18,20, 21 and 22. :)
Hello Raj, welcome to the project :D I can assign Sections 14, 17, 18, 20 and 22 to you. Unfortunately 21 has been claimed a bit earlier on and I have reserved it for our new member Mayurakshi for the moment. But the other 5 definitely belong to you now. Have fun !

Please take care to use the long or short disclaimer, check the MW for details. :)

Sonia
Thank you, Sonia.
Sure. I'll see for the long or short disclaimer for each from MW.
My Project Catalog
Cheers, Raj.
RajVO

Post by RajVO »

Here's my recording of Section#14. :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_014_tappan_128kb.mp3
Duration is 1:36.
My Project Catalog
Cheers, Raj.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RajVO wrote: March 7th, 2018, 2:01 am Here's my recording of Section#14. :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_014_tappan_128kb.mp3
Duration is 1:36.
oh that was fast ! Will start PLing soon, stay tuned ! Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote:Here are a few--40, 41, and 42:
all right, I got around to listening to your sections now. It was so strange to hear "India, Persia...etc" for the first time. I was fully expecting "China, Japan..." :lol: I'm sure it was difficult for you to switch the intro after having recorded it so many times ;)

Interesting sections yet again. I can lively imagine what pompous ceremonies were organized for Queen Victoria on that occasion :shock:

Sections 41 & 42 are already PL ok.

I have a couple of notes for Section 40:

> at 0:38: (p. 184) could you please also insert the date (1877) right between title and author ? It’s interesting to know the dates if there are any and I prefer not to leave out anything the author wrote

> at 2:13: (p. 184) “I was deputed” – stumble and repeat, can be cut out once

thanks Jim. Excellent start !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote:First attendant reporting in!
excellently played out again, Eva. You sound like a dutiful child-caretaker, always gentle and good-humoured, even if the child can be hard to manage sometimes. :thumbs:

Our third role is complete and PL ok. Thanks

Sonia
HilaryHew

Post by HilaryHew »

I would like to claim part 33.
HilaryHew

Post by HilaryHew »

I would like to claim part 33.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RajVO wrote: March 7th, 2018, 2:01 amHere's my recording of Section#14. :)
thank you for your first submission Raj. I detect a great pronunciation of the Indian names, are you by any chance speaking one of the languages ? Can't help thinking that Raj sounds Indian too, but I may be mistaken :oops:

In any case, nice reading. I would have a couple of notes to correct though:

> from 0:11-0:16: (p. 72) maybe the first title/author can be cut out, as you repeat it right after that with the correct subtitle. Saying the title once is enough for this small section, I believe

> at 0:54: (p. 72) – “for her young” – there was a hiccup in the recording :hmm: , and I only hear “ing” which makes it a bit hard to understand. Would you mind re-recording that short bit ? The rest was fine, so no need to re-record it all, just this part

Thanks !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

HilaryHew wrote: March 7th, 2018, 3:09 amI would like to claim part 33.
Hi Hilary, I see this is a sort of come-back for you :D Thank you for your interest in this project and I will assign you the section. If you are unsure after your hiatus whether your technical specs are still up to scratch, you could also re-do a one-minute-test to check ;) but it's not required, since you probably still know the ropes.

Have fun !

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks. Yeah, I wasn't sure about the date as it was not in the MW, but am happy to fix both issues. It was very strange having Victoria's portrait as a stand-in.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: March 7th, 2018, 5:13 amThanks. Yeah, I wasn't sure about the date as it was not in the MW,
hm yes you're right, it's probably a bit ambiguous as I never included the subtitles in the MW either. It would be too long a title for some sections. I was hoping you all read the entire text. :?
It was very strange having Victoria's portrait as a stand-in.
:shock: yes I wasn't sure if I understood that correctly. She wasn't really there in person, right ? So strange.

Sonia
RajVO

Post by RajVO »

Kitty wrote: March 7th, 2018, 3:20 am
RajVO wrote: March 7th, 2018, 2:01 amHere's my recording of Section#14. :)
thank you for your first submission Raj. I detect a great pronunciation of the Indian names, are you by any chance speaking one of the languages ? Can't help thinking that Raj sounds Indian too, but I may be mistaken :oops:
Thanks Sonia, for your comments and corrections.
Yes. I do speak Telugu, and can read Sanskrit (base for most of Indian languages).

In any case, nice reading. I would have a couple of notes to correct though:

> from 0:11-0:16: (p. 72) maybe the first title/author can be cut out, as you repeat it right after that with the correct subtitle. Saying the title once is enough for this small section, I believe
I too had this confusion. But felt it to be safer to repeat. Now I can cut it out in the first title/ author.

> at 0:54: (p. 72) – “for her young” – there was a hiccup in the recording :hmm: , and I only hear “ing” which makes it a bit hard to understand. Would you mind re-recording that short bit ? The rest was fine, so no need to re-record it all, just this part
Sorry about it. I'll correct it and send again.

Thanks !

Sonia
My Project Catalog
Cheers, Raj.
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Kitty wrote: March 7th, 2018, 3:05 am
bluechien wrote:First attendant reporting in!
excellently played out again, Eva. You sound like a dutiful child-caretaker, always gentle and good-humoured, even if the child can be hard to manage sometimes. :thumbs:
Thanks, Sonia! Looking forward to the assembled piece starring King Thomas. :thumbs:
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."