[COMPLETE] Rowdy of the Cross L by B. M. Bower - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Tom:

Re chapter 9--I know that from point to point you value precision in your reading. The only reason I caught this one is that I happened to be looking at the text when the sentence was read.

At 6:27 I heard the word "headers" instead of "leaders"

In the context of the chapter it makes little difference. (Had I not been looking right at the text when this happened, I would have marked the section PL-OK.)

I'll leave it to your discretion. Nicely done!

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

DrPGould wrote: April 4th, 2018, 9:23 pm Tom:

Re chapter 9--I know that from point to point you value precision in your reading. The only reason I caught this one is that I happened to be looking at the text when the sentence was read.

At 6:27 I heard the word "headers" instead of "leaders"

In the context of the chapter it makes little difference. (Had I not been looking right at the text when this happened, I would have marked the section PL-OK.)

I'll leave it to your discretion. Nicely done!

Many thanks,

Philip
Another misread. :( Maybe it's time for an eye doctor visit. I'll leave this as pending for now. Thanks you for your sharp ear!
Tom Penn
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Chapter 10 ready for PL. Things have to get better pretty soon. Only three chapters left.
Tom Penn
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Well, I've got a feeling Chapter 10 is where the confrontation between the good guy in the white hat and the bad guy in the black hat comes to its expected resolution.

I haven't listened yet, but using my powers of clairvoyance and my expert knowledge of the way things happened in the old west (thank you Marshal Dillon), my prediction is that

Harry Conroy does not survive chapter 10.

The further question is whodunnit?

Most likely assassin--Pink--the loyal sidekick.

Second most likely assassin--Rowdy....

Scenario where Rowdy could be the killer and still wind up with the school marm....in attempting to kill Conroy, Pink is himself killed and Rowdy plugs Conroy to avenge Pink's death....

Well--I'm off to listen to see if my fevered imagination is running wild o'er the lone prarie.....

Many thanks,

Philip

OK--Conroy still lives, for now......but his life expectancy has shortened considerably. Chapter 10 PL-OK.

:thumbs:
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Chapter 11 ready for PL.

I've read ahead so I can't participate in the speculation about Harry's comeuppance. However, I will say, without giving anything away, that the solutions you propose, while good ones, would be more likely in a Max Brand or a Zane Grey than in a B. M Bower.
Tom Penn
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Chapter 11 PL-OK! Nicely done!

Many thanks,

Philip
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Chapter 12 is ready for PL.

This is it. The chapter where Harry is taken care of.

Thanks, Philip
Tom Penn
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

In the MW I see what appears to be double quotes. If they are double quotes (") they need to be removed and replaced with either a single quote (') or with double single quotes (''). Archive.org does not like double quotes. All text after the first double quote is removed.
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

craigdav1 wrote: April 12th, 2018, 2:36 pm In the MW I see what appears to be double quotes. If they are double quotes (") they need to be removed and replaced with either a single quote (') or with double single quotes (''). Archive.org does not like double quotes. All text after the first double quote is removed.
Somehow I missed that detail. Thanks. Taken care of.
Tom Penn
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Thanks!
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Tom:

Chapter 12 is PL-OK! Nothing like poetic justice in the ol' West.

Many thanks,

Philip
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Chapter 13 is ready for PL.

I decided to leave chapter 9 as is, so if Philip says 13 is fine then we will be ready to catalog this thing.

Thank you both for your help in getting another solo under my belt. :D
Tom Penn
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Tom:

Section 13 is PL-OK! Congratulations on finishing your solo. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Happy Trails to you and Dave!

Many thanks,

Philip
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

13 sections on Friday the 13th...Yikes! Will catalog this tonight (unless I'm feeling unlucky in which case I'll wait until tomorrow).
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/rowdy-of-the-cross-l-by-b-m-bower/

Let me know if anything needs fixing.