[COMPLETE] The Vikings by Allen Mawer - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

One short note for Section 13:

At the end of the reading, just prior to where you say "End of The Vikings...." you should add "End of Chapter 12."
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Kevin:

Once the corrections to the sections marked "See PL notes" are done and the Sections have been marked PL-OK, this project will be ready for cataloging. Thank you for allowing me to PL for you. I have thoroughly enjoyed this project. I hope this will be the first of many more you undertake here at librivox.

If you will post to this board when you have made the corrections, I will get right to PL-ing them so that the project can be catalogued with as little delay as possible.

Many thanks,

Philip
KevinJohnson

Post by KevinJohnson »

Thanks Philip,
I will do that correction to the final chapter soon, and add it to the Magic Window, then we are done :clap: I am returning to record for Librivox after a several years vacation. I will return again.
Thanks again, :D Kevin
KevinJohnson

Post by KevinJohnson »

KevinJohnson wrote: March 13th, 2018, 9:13 pm Thanks Philip,
I will do that correction to the final chapter soon, and add it to the Magic Window, then we are done :clap: I am returning to record for Librivox after a several years vacation. I will return again.
Thanks again, :D Kevin
All corrections are completed now! Kind regards, Kevin :D
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Great Kevin. Everything Except the last Section is now PL-OK. (I have ancestors from both Scotland and Ireland who were impacted by the Vikings, as well as some Swedish and Danish ancestry, and my primary academic field is Russian History--so I felt very much at home with this work.)

It's good to have you back at Librivox. (I've only been here a little over a year, but I have found it very enjoyable.

Many thanks,

Philip
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Kevin:

Section 13 is PL-OK! You are finished!!! :clap:

Thanks again for allowing me to be part of the project. Dave, always a great privilege to work with you.

See you on the boards.

Many thanks,

Philip
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Will catalog this tomorrow. I'm traveling so it might be evening (when I'll have more reliable wifi).
KevinJohnson

Post by KevinJohnson »

DrPGould wrote: March 13th, 2018, 10:03 pm Great Kevin. Everything Except the last Section is now PL-OK. (I have ancestors from both Scotland and Ireland who were impacted by the Vikings, as well as some Swedish and Danish ancestry, and my primary academic field is Russian History--so I felt very much at home with this work.)

It's good to have you back at Librivox. (I've only been here a little over a year, but I have found it very enjoyable.

Many thanks,

Philip
Dear Philip,
Thanks to you too. My ancestors come from Norway and Iceland, and my undergraduate degree is in British literature. This was a very concise work, but I also enjoyed his treatment of Russia; it was the one area where I had least prior knowledge.
Kind regards, Kevin
KevinJohnson

Post by KevinJohnson »

craigdav1 wrote: March 14th, 2018, 7:39 pm Will catalog this tomorrow. I'm traveling so it might be evening (when I'll have more reliable wifi).
Thanks Dave,
By for now, Kevin
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-vikings-by-allen-mawer/

Let me know if anything needs fixing.