[COMPLETE]Principles of Geology, by Charles Lyell-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 9 needs two additions, then the reading will be perfect.

At the beginning, I need for you to add the correct LibriVox intro. It is in the original post for the project. Here is it...

"Chapter [number] [Part # as appropriate] of Principles of Geology. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"Principles of Geology, by Charles Lyell. [Section Title]"

So, for your section, you should say, "Chapter 4 part 1 of Principles of Geology. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit LibriVox DOT org. Principles of Geology, by Charles Lyell." Then what you have is fine after that.

Then, the outro needs to be the proper outro. You need to add, "End of Chapter 4 part 1" then 5 seconds of silence. You will also need to edit out, "Boom, done."
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

i saw the earlier post in may '18 with a question about footnotes and the response, leaving them optional to the reader if they add meaning to the passage being read. has a local practice evolved among readers in this regard? i am getting started on chapter 2 and i see numerous footnotes - some simply giving cites to sources but others commenting on and extending the passage they are associated with. i plan to use some of these but not others, following the direction given, although i hope that the numbering with some in the sequence being omitted is not confusing. :hmm:
"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

pmchaffie wrote: June 26th, 2018, 6:03 am i saw the earlier post in may '18 with a question about footnotes and the response, leaving them optional to the reader if they add meaning to the passage being read. has a local practice evolved among readers in this regard? i am getting started on chapter 2 and i see numerous footnotes - some simply giving cites to sources but others commenting on and extending the passage they are associated with. i plan to use some of these but not others, following the direction given, although i hope that the numbering with some in the sequence being omitted is not confusing. :hmm:

If you want to include the footnotes that will give the listener more information, then I have no problem with that. If you include some but not others, that is fine with me as well. To me, adding the footnotes that just give a citation is not really helpful in audiobooks. There really hasn't been a practice that has evolved among the readers for this project (not yet anyway), and I'm not really one who likes to tell people that things must be done or not done. Whatever you would like to do in regard to footnotes is fine.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

Thanks. I'll try to be as consistent as possible with them.
bkb587

Post by bkb587 »

Hello, icequeen:

I am new to LibriVox and I saw a few open chapters for your book which I would like to volunteer to read. Chapter V parts 1 and 2 are currently open and I wanted to ask if I can be assigned those parts?

Thank you,
bkb587
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

bkb587 wrote: June 29th, 2018, 3:26 am Hello, icequeen:

I am new to LibriVox and I saw a few open chapters for your book which I would like to volunteer to read. Chapter V parts 1 and 2 are currently open and I wanted to ask if I can be assigned those parts?

Thank you,
bkb587
Welcome to LibriVox! I have you down for sections 11 and 12, thank you! But, please make sure that you do your one minute test before you start recording. It is our way to make sure your setting are where we need them to be before you get into recording a full section. It will make your life much easier. What name would you like credited on your catalog page?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Sycamore

Post by Sycamore »

May I grab section 76? To get my feet wet, as the saying goes.
Although, this being a chapter on volcanoes, the metaphor might not be entirely appropriate.

Sycamore Rockwell would do for the catalog page.
All the best,
Yavor
bkb587

Post by bkb587 »

icequeen wrote: June 29th, 2018, 8:37 pm

Thank you,
bkb587
Welcome to LibriVox! I have you down for sections 11 and 12, thank you! But, please make sure that you do your one minute test before you start recording. It is our way to make sure your setting are where we need them to be before you get into recording a full section. It will make your life much easier. What name would you like credited on your catalog page?
Thank you and I'll be sure to do the one-minute test first. For my name on the catalog page, "Brian B." would work best for me. Again, thanks for replying and I look forward to reading those chapters.
Pixxol

Post by Pixxol »

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofgeology_032_lyell_128kb.mp3 24m 52 s

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofgeology_033_lyell_128kb.mp3 20m 28 s

I actually recorded these a week ago, but life's been kind of crazy!
My fiance and I are eloping in vegas in less than 2 weeks! :)
I'm hoping I can finish my requested recordings before then, but if not, I should still have them done before the end of July.
These are for Chapter XV, parts I and II
Siobhan
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

bkb587 wrote: June 30th, 2018, 6:28 am
icequeen wrote: June 29th, 2018, 8:37 pm

Thank you,
bkb587
Thank you and I'll be sure to do the one-minute test first. For my name on the catalog page, "Brian B." would work best for me. Again, thanks for replying and I look forward to reading those chapters.

OK, I got you all set for your catalog page! Here it is! https://librivox.org/reader/12604
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Sycamore wrote: June 30th, 2018, 1:54 am May I grab section 76? To get my feet wet, as the saying goes.
Although, this being a chapter on volcanoes, the metaphor might not be entirely appropriate.

Sycamore Rockwell would do for the catalog page.

Section 76 is yours! Thanks Sycamore!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Pixxol wrote: June 30th, 2018, 6:48 am https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofgeology_032_lyell_128kb.mp3 24m 52 s

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofgeology_033_lyell_128kb.mp3 20m 28 s

I actually recorded these a week ago, but life's been kind of crazy!
My fiance and I are eloping in vegas in less than 2 weeks! :)
I'm hoping I can finish my requested recordings before then, but if not, I should still have them done before the end of July.
These are for Chapter XV, parts I and II

Eloping to Vegas! My sister did the same thing, and they had a great time! If you don't get the other sections in until the end of July, that is fine! Have fun, and thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 2 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!