[COMPLETE] The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night (Arabian Nights), Vol 9 - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

Helen,
Section 51 is ready for PL!
(Sorry that I'm doing these backwards :oops: )
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

Hi Foon,

sect 51 PL OK

You have the hard part as the reader, what ever works best for you,
is fine by me. :D :thumbs:
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
andrelevy

Post by andrelevy »

Cheers
André
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you!
Want any more? :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
andrelevy

Post by andrelevy »

[/quote]

Want any more? :D
[/quote]

I'll be sure to claim some more as soon as I figure my schedule this month :)
Cheers
André
moetsela

Post by moetsela »

Hi

Can I claim section 45 nigh 977 ?
I am new here, and would love to start my journey with this book. I read this book in Arabic, I loved it. And it would be great to read it in English

Thanks
Moet
Foon

Post by Foon »

moetsela wrote: September 9th, 2018, 4:31 am Hi

I am new here, and would love to start my journey with this book. I read this book in Arabic, I loved it. And it would be great to read it in English

Thanks
Moet
Hi!
Thanks for your interest in this project! I've reserved this section for you.

However, before you start recording, please address the things that were brought up about your 1-minute test, just so we know you have all your specs correct--better to fix them on a short test recording that on a full section!

Additionally, before I can properly assign the section to you, I'll need to know under what name you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalog. This can be your real name or a pseudonym/nickname.

Cheers,
Foon

Readers needed:
MickyMe

Post by MickyMe »

Exceedingly pleasurable sections 36 and 37 were uploaded.

Section 36
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume9_36_anonymous_128kb.mp3
duration 15:51

Section 37
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume9_37_anonymous_128kb.mp3
duration 29:34
Foon

Post by Foon »

MickyMe wrote: September 10th, 2018, 5:29 am Exceedingly pleasurable sections 36 and 37 were uploaded.

Section 36
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume9_36_anonymous_128kb.mp3
duration 15:51

Section 37
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume9_37_anonymous_128kb.mp3
duration 29:34
Hi Micky,
Thanks very much for your sections. Even though Helen is PLing, I just had a quick check of your sections, since the recording durations don't really match up with what I'd expect from the word counts.
It seems like there's some confusion about what belongs to what section!

Each section contains 2 (or sometimes 1) full night(s). That means that each section starts at a point in the text where it is written "When it was the Nine Hundred and ------- Night," and ends right before such a line at "—And Shahrazad perceived the dawn of day and ceased to say her permitted say."

These nights do not line up with the stories, which is the purpose of the book; Shahrazad kept making sure there was more story to tell the next night, so she wouldn't get killed during the day. And we're keeping the sections in line with the nights, as opposed to the stories.

So, for section 36, the first part is missing; you start at the start of the new story, but everything from
"When it was the Nine Hundred and Fifty-ninth Night,
She said, It hath reached me, O auspicious King, that Ibrahim continued, ..."

is missing. Can you make sure to also read that and include it in your recording?

For section 37, you've read more than you needed to! It was supposed to contain nights 961 and 962, but you've also included most of night 963 in it. This will need to be separated from it, as it is part of section 38. For clarity, that's everything from
"When it was the Nine Hundred and Sixty-third Night,
She said, It hath reached me, O auspicious King, that quoth the damsel to her sister, "I have covenanted with him that I will not be united to him unlawfully; ..."
onwards.

Looking at the word counts, what you've read of section 38 is more than half already. Would you like to take section 38 as well, since you've already recorded half of it? I've provisionally put its status to "assigned" so that no one else claims it before you had a chance to.

Let me know if anything is still unclear, alright? From what I've heard from your sections they sound absolutely lovely, and they'll make a great addition to the book :thumbs:

Foon

Readers needed:
MickyMe

Post by MickyMe »

Methinks I understood.

So, this is what I will do:
  • In section 36, I will read the beginning of night 959.
  • Section 37 will be edited and will contain nights 961 and 962. Maybe I will add some guitar-lute in the background when she says the poems, let's see.
  • Night 963 and 964 will form section 38, that I will now read.
Foon

Post by Foon »

MickyMe wrote: September 10th, 2018, 11:04 pm Methinks I understood.

So, this is what I will do:
  • In section 36, I will read the beginning of night 959.
  • Section 37 will be edited and will contain nights 961 and 962. Maybe I will add some guitar-lute in the background when she says the poems, let's see.
  • Night 963 and 964 will form section 38, that I will now read.
That sounds good--with the exception of the music. It is REALLY hard to establish the copyright status of music. While I applaud the idea, it might get us in trouble, and we don't want that of course.. :)

I will sign you up for section 38 as well. :)

Cheers,
Foon

Readers needed:
moetsela

Post by moetsela »

Hi Foon

thank you for reserving this section. I'll work first on addressing the comments about my 1-minute recording ( you are correct better to address them in a short test recording)

to answer your question about the name, it will be Moet Sela
thanks
Moet

Foon wrote: September 9th, 2018, 4:54 am
moetsela wrote: September 9th, 2018, 4:31 am Hi

Thanks
Moet
Hi!
Thanks for your interest in this project! I've reserved this section for you.

However, before you start recording, please address the things that were brought up about your 1-minute test, just so we know you have all your specs correct--better to fix them on a short test recording that on a full section!

Additionally, before I can properly assign the section to you, I'll need to know under what name you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalog. This can be your real name or a pseudonym/nickname.

Cheers,
Foon
Foon

Post by Foon »

moetsela wrote: September 11th, 2018, 5:12 am Hi Foon

thank you for reserving this section. I'll work first on addressing the comments about my 1-minute recording ( you are correct better to address them in a short test recording)

to answer your question about the name, it will be Moet Sela
thanks
Moet
Great! I've signed you up, you now have your own page in our catalog: https://librivox.org/reader/12766

Here you can see all projects you are, or have been, participating in. If you click on "reader section details", you can also see in detail which sections have been assigned to you, and the status of them (for example, if there are prooflistener notes on your section that need to be addressed).

Readers needed:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

To strengthen what Foon said:
MickyMe wrote: September 10th, 2018, 11:04 pm Maybe I will add some guitar-lute in the background when she says the poems, let's see.
No, sorry: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Music_%26_Sound_Effects_Rules
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Foon

Post by Foon »

Helen,
Section 46 is in the MW for PL!

Readers needed: