[COMPLETE] The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night (Arabian Nights), Vol 9 - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

HZFerr wrote: ↑
01 Nov 2018 16:03
sect 3
PL OK :thumbs:

* note:

Hi Mark,
You have a clear, strong reading voice & wonderful style.
But, I want to give you a heads up on your reading. You do not need to change anything in this recording,
I just wanted to make you aware of the volume changes in your voice for the future. (It does pass checker.)
00:00-01:00 very loud volume
01:01 low volume; your voice drops I went back and looked at my Audacity file and found the problem. I'd left a hard stop at that location when I punched in a correction, then when I when I was equalizing the sound later I failed to select the entire track, I only selected the portion before the hard stop. It was a 5 minute fix to repair the audio, and I have done so, but I didn't want to re-upload without clearing it with you all. Let me know if you want me to load the version with the volume even across the whole track, or you just want to roll with the original version.
Hi Mark,
Since you already did the repair, re-upload. Many ears will thank you. :thumbs:
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you Helen! :thumbs:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
MarkErnest

Post by MarkErnest »

HZFerr wrote: November 2nd, 2018, 8:10 pm
HZFerr wrote: ↑
01 Nov 2018 16:03
sect 3
PL OK :thumbs:

* note:

Hi Mark,
You have a clear, strong reading voice & wonderful style.
But, I want to give you a heads up on your reading. You do not need to change anything in this recording,
I just wanted to make you aware of the volume changes in your voice for the future. (It does pass checker.)
00:00-01:00 very loud volume
01:01 low volume; your voice drops I went back and looked at my Audacity file and found the problem. I'd left a hard stop at that location when I punched in a correction, then when I when I was equalizing the sound later I failed to select the entire track, I only selected the portion before the hard stop. It was a 5 minute fix to repair the audio, and I have done so, but I didn't want to re-upload without clearing it with you all. Let me know if you want me to load the version with the volume even across the whole track, or you just want to roll with the original version.
Hi Mark,
Since you already did the repair, re-upload. Many ears will thank you. :thumbs:
Here you go. If your perceive any more problem, please let me know.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume9_03_anonymous.mp3
MarkErnest

Post by MarkErnest »

Foon wrote: November 2nd, 2018, 4:41 am Thanks Mark, I'll leave this up to Helen--or I can check later how it sounds. Not right now though, gotta run!
I've uploaded the new version of section 3 with sound balanced. I'm halfway done with editing section 28 but I'm at work right now so I won't finish it until this evening.

All that being said, I'm off work on Sunday and Monday, and I have some time on my hands, so I'd love to take the remaining sections 41 - 44 if that pleases you. I don't want to be greedy, but I really love this reading! I probably can finish all that by Monday night.

Let me know and I get to work on it tonight after I finish editing 28!

Best,
Mark
msfry

Post by msfry »

I can take Section 21 if it becomes available. It contains the beginning of my story that spans 22-26. :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

Foon

Post by Foon »

MarkErnest wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 4:37 am
Foon wrote: November 2nd, 2018, 4:41 am Thanks Mark, I'll leave this up to Helen--or I can check later how it sounds. Not right now though, gotta run!
I've uploaded the new version of section 3 with sound balanced. I'm halfway done with editing section 28 but I'm at work right now so I won't finish it until this evening.

All that being said, I'm off work on Sunday and Monday, and I have some time on my hands, so I'd love to take the remaining sections 41 - 44 if that pleases you. I don't want to be greedy, but I really love this reading! I probably can finish all that by Monday night.

Let me know and I get to work on it tonight after I finish editing 28!

Best,
Mark
Thanks Mark! I've assigned the sections to you. Have fun with them! :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

msfry wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 6:36 am Section 23 is uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume9_23_anonymous_128kb.mp3 17:05
Thank you Michele!
msfry wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 6:30 am I can take Section 21 if it becomes available. It contains the beginning of my story that spans 22-26. :D
Thanks! I've PMed the reader already, I just want to give her a couple of days to respond. If it opens up, it's yours!

Readers needed:
msfry

Post by msfry »

HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 23
PL OK :clap:
Helen

HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 3
spot PL OK
Mark :9:
Helen

Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you Helen and Michele :thumbs:

Readers needed:
msfry

Post by msfry »

Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you Michele! :thumbs:

Readers needed:
MarkErnest

Post by MarkErnest »