COMPLETE The Texan Star by Joseph Altsheler-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aniroo

Post by aniroo » March 5th, 2018, 10:01 am

Hi, great job reading. I am really enjoying listening.
I've listened to the first two chapters and noticed that you didn't read the names of the chapters. Was that a choice or an oversight? I really think the chapter titles help set up the listener for what is coming. The Prisoners, The Haircut. But if you chose to not read the titles, that's OK, just thought I would ask.

I noticed that with the first section, you only left about .3 seconds of silence at the beginning. The default is for .5 - 1.0. Did you know that you can Generate Silence in Audacity. Just look at the top of the menus and you'll see GENERATE>SILENCE. You can generate what ever you want. You can cut what silence is there and then generate however much you need. It makes a nice clean silence with no background noise at all. I use that section for my Noise reduction profile.

I gave you a PL OK for the Section 1, :clap: but if you add the chapter title, just upload the new file and mark it "REady for Spot PL. "

Section 2. I know I'm only suppose to do a standard PL, not word for word, but there is a sentence you left out at about 11:35. "He left the trees and stood for a little while by a stone, one of the 124 which formerly enclosed an atrium." is missing. You went right to the next sentence. After you splice in the sentence export and upload it again and mark it REady for spot PL.

I'll try to get section 3 done today and save the rest for tomorrow.

aniroo
aniroo :wink:

Edmonds

Post by Edmonds » March 5th, 2018, 10:10 am

:D :D :D

I am overjoyed that you are enjoying my reading, thank you.

I did leave out the chapter titles intentionally, I feel that sometimes the chapter titles give away an something in the story. Like I was reading a different book, and this Texan was supposed to be drawing a white or black bean, white to live, black to die, and the chapter title was "Wallace Draws a White Bean". I just think titles sometimes give away a part of the story.

On Chapter 2, I will have that ready for you in probably about 30 minutes...

Thank you for your cooperation,

Edmonds

Chapter 2: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/texanstar_02_altsheler_128kb.mp3

aniroo

Post by aniroo » March 5th, 2018, 10:54 am

Section #3 sounded great , but there is only .1 or .2 seconds of silence at the start. You can generat .5 seconds of silence. Then re export and re upload and mark it ready for spot Pl.

Thanks,
aniroo

Edmonds

Post by Edmonds » March 5th, 2018, 11:48 am

aniroo wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 10:54 am
Section #3 sounded great , but there is only .1 or .2 seconds of silence at the start. You can generat .5 seconds of silence. Then re export and re upload and mark it ready for spot Pl.

Thanks,
aniroo

Here is the edited Chapter 3: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/texanstar_03_altsheler_128kb.mp3

aniroo

Post by aniroo » March 5th, 2018, 6:10 pm

I'm glad to hear that you left out the chapter titles intentionally. I would hate to think it was an over sight.

aniroo

aniroo

Post by aniroo » March 5th, 2018, 6:14 pm

I see that you up loaded section #2 again, or at least it looks that way. Someone , maybe you? , needs to put it in the Magic Window and mark it ready for spot PL. That's the only way I know that the section I PL will go to the catalog. \\

Thanks,
aniroo

Edmonds

Post by Edmonds » March 5th, 2018, 6:49 pm

aniroo wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 6:14 pm
I see that you up loaded section #2 again, or at least it looks that way. Someone , maybe you? , needs to put it in the Magic Window and mark it ready for spot PL. That's the only way I know that the section I PL will go to the catalog. \\

Thanks,
aniroo
Chapter 2 is now in the MW.

aniroo

Post by aniroo » March 6th, 2018, 10:03 am

Sections #5 and #6 are sounding good, but both lack enough silence at the beginning of the section, each being closer to .1 second than .5. Section #6 is OK for silence at the end, but Section #5 is closer to 10 seconds at the end than 5. Once you get those taken care of it will be PL OK for both.

I think the silence is important for the final project to be placed in the catalog correctly.

Looking forward to hearing the rest of Ned's adventures.

aniroo

Edmonds

Post by Edmonds » March 6th, 2018, 2:21 pm

Chapter 5 and 6 are now in the MW.

Chapter 5: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/texanstar_05_altsheler_128kb.mp3

Chapter 6: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/texanstar_06_altsheler_128kb.mp3

What was wrong with chapter 4? I see it says "see PL notes", but I can find no PL notes to see. Please help!

aniroo

Post by aniroo » March 6th, 2018, 4:55 pm

Sorry about that. I tried to get too much done in one day. From my notes it looks like Section 4 only had .1 sec. of silence in the beginning. I'll try to get the others PL OK ASAP.

aniroo

Post by aniroo » March 6th, 2018, 5:13 pm

Sections #2, #5 and #6 are PL OK :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs:

thanks,
aniroo

Edmonds

Post by Edmonds » March 6th, 2018, 8:54 pm

Here is the edited chapter 4: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/texanstar_04_altsheler_128kb.mp3

I will have chapter 7 and maybe chapter 8 ready for you by tomorrow night.

aniroo

Post by aniroo » March 6th, 2018, 9:15 pm

Section #4 PL OK :thumbs:

we're all caught up now! :clap:

Edmonds

Post by Edmonds » March 8th, 2018, 3:34 pm

aniroo

Post by aniroo » March 8th, 2018, 6:37 pm

Section #7 PL OK (on the first try :thumbs: ) :clap: