COMPLETE The Texan Star by Joseph Altsheler-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15124
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 27th, 2018, 6:02 am

I took a look at 3 and 4. I strongly suggest working out the technical aspects from 1 before you continue on. Both of these chapters are still showing the DC offset. Both should be noise cleaned and please double check your opening and ending silences. On 3 your opening silence is almost 2 seconds and ending is 6 seconds. On 4 opening is fine but ending is 9 seconds.
Linette's DPL list I'm back but the PL list is over 10 hours. Please be patient.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

Edmonds
Posts: 150
Joined: February 6th, 2018, 2:40 pm

Post by Edmonds » February 27th, 2018, 7:18 am

linny wrote:
February 27th, 2018, 5:45 am
Since it's 4 seconds I would say it's ok but do try to get closer to 5 in the future. If it was 3.5 I'd say it should be corrected but 4 should be pretty safe.

Alrighty, thank you.

Edmonds
Posts: 150
Joined: February 6th, 2018, 2:40 pm

Post by Edmonds » March 1st, 2018, 10:42 am


Edmonds
Posts: 150
Joined: February 6th, 2018, 2:40 pm

Post by Edmonds » March 1st, 2018, 10:07 pm


linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15124
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » March 2nd, 2018, 6:58 am

linny wrote:
February 26th, 2018, 6:09 am
PL notes for Chapter 1
0:27 distortion – They could see through the narrow window

11:22 small stumble on inhabitants (you should just be able to clip this out)

21:07 distortion – Their quarters were commodious
These corrections are still needed.
Linette's DPL list I'm back but the PL list is over 10 hours. Please be patient.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15124
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » March 2nd, 2018, 7:01 am

Visually 3 and 4 look good. However you are processing now chapter 5 could use it as well.

Other than chapter 1, I'll leave the others for your DPL. I really just wanted to work through the technical with you. :thumbs:
Linette's DPL list I'm back but the PL list is over 10 hours. Please be patient.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

Edmonds
Posts: 150
Joined: February 6th, 2018, 2:40 pm

Post by Edmonds » March 2nd, 2018, 7:07 am

linny wrote:
March 2nd, 2018, 7:01 am
Visually 3 and 4 look good. However you are processing now chapter 5 could use it as well.

Other than chapter 1, I'll leave the others for your DPL. I really just wanted to work through the technical with you. :thumbs:
Oh, right. I forgot to do that to 1. Should have that done by tonight.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15124
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » March 2nd, 2018, 10:57 am

3 and 4 are not PL OK. I didn't PL them, I just reviewed them for technical.
Linette's DPL list I'm back but the PL list is over 10 hours. Please be patient.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

Edmonds
Posts: 150
Joined: February 6th, 2018, 2:40 pm

Post by Edmonds » March 2nd, 2018, 11:44 am

Oh dang, I'm sorry. Let me revert that.

Here is Chapter 1...again... You might want to check out the 21:07 bit again, I couldn't fix it, so I just re-recorded it. I hope it is fine.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/texanstar_01_altsheler_128kb.mp3

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15124
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » March 3rd, 2018, 8:36 am

Edmonds wrote:
March 2nd, 2018, 11:44 am
Oh dang, I'm sorry. Let me revert that.

Here is Chapter 1...again... You might want to check out the 21:07 bit again, I couldn't fix it, so I just re-recorded it. I hope it is fine.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/texanstar_01_altsheler_128kb.mp3
The first two corrections are fine.
For this third correction you left in a click which sounds like your mic being turned off. You'll want to remove that.
Linette's DPL list I'm back but the PL list is over 10 hours. Please be patient.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

Edmonds
Posts: 150
Joined: February 6th, 2018, 2:40 pm

Post by Edmonds » March 3rd, 2018, 10:34 am

linny wrote:
March 3rd, 2018, 8:36 am
Edmonds wrote:
March 2nd, 2018, 11:44 am
Oh dang, I'm sorry. Let me revert that.

Here is Chapter 1...again... You might want to check out the 21:07 bit again, I couldn't fix it, so I just re-recorded it. I hope it is fine.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/texanstar_01_altsheler_128kb.mp3
The first two corrections are fine.
For this third correction you left in a click which sounds like your mic being turned off. You'll want to remove that.
I'LL GET IT RIGHT SOMETIME

Chapter 1: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/texanstar_01_altsheler_128kb.mp3

Edmonds
Posts: 150
Joined: February 6th, 2018, 2:40 pm

Post by Edmonds » March 4th, 2018, 4:11 pm


aniroo
Posts: 1281
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » March 4th, 2018, 8:32 pm

I'd be glad to DPL if you are still looking for one.


aniroo
aniroo :wink:

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16828
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » March 4th, 2018, 9:39 pm

Great aniroo. I'll add you to the MW.
MaryAnn
Join us to MARCH to the finish line by completing as many projects as we can during March! This thread tracks our progress and lists projects in need of readers/PLers.

My Librivox solos

Edmonds
Posts: 150
Joined: February 6th, 2018, 2:40 pm

Post by Edmonds » March 4th, 2018, 9:59 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

THANK YOU SO MUCH, ANIROO. I hope you enjoy my reading.

Post Reply