[COMPLETE]SOLO [PORTUGUESE] O Mulato, by Aluísio Azevedo - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hey, Sonia!!!! Nice to be back!!! I had problems with my internet signal for 5 days, can you imagine? The technicians had been doing the maintenance in the fiber cables over here, in the condominium where I live, and it took forever. I was about to climb the walls!!! At least I could do the recordings, which did not depend on the internet.

Sorry if I changed the editings again. :oops: I thought I only had to tell you, without being that precise. But then I have to point all the timeline and etc... Ok, I won't repeat the procedure anymore! From now on I'll check it very carefully before sending any recording to you. I got it! I feel very very sorry... Forgive me, please!

Well, I have two chapters left, do you believe?! Feeling thrilled and very excited, even why it seems we got a new helper! :clap:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mulato_13_azevedo_128kb.mp3
46:04

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mulato_14_azevedo_128kb.mp3
46:56

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mulato_15_azevedo_128kb.mp3
41:22

Going to take some rest.

Have a good night, :9:

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I'm glad your internet problems have been solved, Adriana. I can imagine that would be very annoying if that happened to me.

You're really very fast with your sections. Now we only need to PL them all. I have quite a lot currently, but if Larissa is helping a bit, we can probably finish it in good time.

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hello, Sonia, Larissa and Iortiz! Are you all ok? :D

Wow, I've been very busy these past few days. I'm sorry for that.
After recording and editing a really long chapter, the second last one, I deserve a break. Eager to reappear tomorrow (if everything turns out well) with my very last chapter for this work! Yuppy! :clap:

Anyways, here's the chapter 16:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mulato_16_azevedo_128kb.mp3
DURATION:50:08

Thank you Sonia, very very much! Thank you, new PL listeners!

Have a nice Sunday, :9:

Hugs,

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Wow you have been really fast with this project, Adriana. I am so sorry that I cannot live up to this speed to PL all this. :( But once you are done with them all, I really try to PL some sections. And hopefully one or more of our fellow Portuguese readers will help me out.

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Kitty wrote: March 25th, 2018, 11:32 pm Wow you have been really fast with this project, Adriana. I am so sorry that I cannot live up to this speed to PL all this. :( But once you are done with them all, I really try to PL some sections. And hopefully one or more of our fellow Portuguese readers will help me out.

Sonia
Hey Sonia!!! Are you ok?? :clap: Well, I felt really excited to see a whole project of mine, a solo one, in the air. I swear I spent entire days involved in this. But it's an endless pleasure to donate my peace of contribution.
Unfortunately, that friend of mine had technical problems with her computer, and also with her job, so she won't join us for the next days as we were expecting. :cry:

Thank you for your kind presence and stimulation, as always!
God bless your night,

Adriana
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hey Soniaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I think I've conquered this solo project!!!!!! :birthday:
Well, I know it will take longer to be available for people to listen to it. I do not want you to be pressured to PL, please! It will be ready whenever the clock struck the proper time. I feel happy, really really happy to have achieved my goal, and eager to join other projects soon!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mulato_17_azevedo_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 40:30

A big and warm hug to you, someone who has been in charge of so many projects, caring with a special affection of such a beautiful idea for book lovers!

Many thanks,

Best regards, :9:

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

so cool, Adriana :clap: congratulations. Now we only need to PL, so stick around, in case there are things to correct ;)

I will try to get one chapter done later on today. Have you heard back from Larissa ? I do not want to do the same than she is checking at the moment.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok Adriana, I decided to go an unconventional way and I will start checking some sections from the end. That way, if Larissa is checking from the beginning, we will not do the work double.

I just listened to Chapter 17, the last chapter and it was basically word-perfect :thumbs: There are only two small technicalities to correct:

> at 40:21: since this is the last chapter of the book, you also need to say the final disclaimer: “Fim de O mulato de Aluísio Azevedo

> the volume is too loud, at 93.9 dB. Please reduce by -3 dB, then you’ll be in a good average.

Thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Chapter 16 is also word perfect, no problems there. I pitied poor Anna Rosa here :(

Only issue is the volume once again:

> this time the volume is not loud enough, only 84.8 dB. Could you please amplify with 4 dB to get inside the norm ? Are you never using Checker or ReplayGain to check your volume ? I think I already sent you the link to those tools.

thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Happy news, Brianna offered to help a bit with the PLing. I assigned chapters 4 and 5 to her for the moment. So nobody needs to do the work double. Thank you so much Brianna :9:

Sonia
Mayah92

Post by Mayah92 »

Hi Kitty,

I will try to PL one Chapter to figure out if I can help you with more, ok.
So let me know which chapter I will work on.

See you
Let's give Peace a chance. :wink:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you so much Mayah :9: If you could continue with Chapter 6 then maybe ? I'll mark it in the MW.

> run it through checker to check the technical details (Adriana sometimes has volume issues ;) )
> I usually check along with the text to make sure no sentences are missing, but it does not have to be word perfect. If you notice something missing or meaning-changing, then note down the time stamp and the sentence to correct
> check the intro and outro, if they match the first post

I think that is all. :) Thank you. You girls rock !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Adriana, Chapter 15 is PL ok. Everything was perfect. :thumbs:

Good job !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and I also finished chapter 14, which is also PL ok. No problems with the volume either :thumbs: Super !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and chapter 13 is also PL ok. These three chapters were easy to listen to, no errors at all. :thumbs: Phew there is a lot of racism depicted in the book. The people are really nasty with Raimundo. :evil:

Sonia