[COMPLETE]SOLO [PORTUGUESE] O Mulato, by Aluísio Azevedo - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Adriana

yes I am ok, thank you. Today was a bit hectic and I have a huge PL backlog and also want to edit some of my own sections, so I am kept busy :lol:

Let's hope some PLer will come along soon. If not, I hopefully find some time to PL another section or two next week. Don't worry, every project somehow gets PLed in the end. This will be no different. :D

What you could do is advertise in the Listeners Wanted Forum, then all the Portuguese speakers who are here will probably notice it, and maybe we can attract a helper that way. As you can see, there are some requests as "sticky" already: viewforum.php?f=21

Have fun with your next sections :)

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Good morning, Sonia!

Yes, I'll start the recording of a new chapter in a sec! It would be great if I had someone to help with the PL for sure, but sooner or later that job will be done, as you said to tranquilize me.

So time for me to keep on working! :D

Enjoy yourself and take care,

Hugs,

Adriana
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hello, Sonia! Hope you are fine...

One more chapter in the air :D (chapter 10):
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mulato_10_azevedo_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 49:09

Time to work over here, and already eager to come back as soon as possible to my recordings... :clap:

Have a lovely day! :9:

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Good news, I finally found some time and listened to all of chapter 1 once again, because you made some adjustments. I found no more errors, so I can mark Section 1 PL ok now. :clap:

I will try to listen to another chapter today, but may not be able to finish yet. I try my best. At least your reading is clearly enunciated and well-paced, so that makes it easier for me to listen.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok, I was able to finish Chapter 2 as well :) It seems they are constantly debating about marriage :lol:

beautifully read again, but I found a few small things which I would like to mention:

> intro and outro: I noticed here you say “Capitulo 2”, but in the first chapter you said “Seção 1”. Could you please always use the same word ? I don’t mind which one, but stay consistent. You probably continued with Capitulo from now on, so it is easier to change the intro/outro in the first section. ;)

> at 8:12: (p. 28): missing line “Cr.os e amg.os”, probably an abbreviation of some sort, maybe the second word is amigos ? :hmm: I don't know the first though.

> at 16:10: (p. 34): “tinha de ir ao Thesouro” – I hear “theatro”, are those two words synonymous ? :| If it's the same thing then you can leave it like that, I was only mentioning it, in case it's a change of meaning.

Enough for today...need a rest now. :lol:

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Wow, Great news for sure!!! Thank you a million, Sonia!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
You have been my heroine!!!

I just finished chapter 11 :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mulato_11_azevedo_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 44:51

Also, I corrected the word chapter to replace the section one in the first chapter, following your guidance. I'll re-upload it right now!
The second chapter, though, I guess it will be corrected another day, since I feel like recording a bit more for I got some free time.

Do you remember that friend of mine who was eager to join us? Well, there were two, in reality. But at least one of them told me yesterday that she borrowed a microphone from her brother and is going to do an experiment! So we'll have someone else getting into our community! :thumbs:

Is the Beast of the East still around?
I wish you a lovely Tuesday! :9:

Regards,

Adriana
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mulato_12_azevedo_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 42:42

Yuppy!!! One more!!! Thank Lord, and thank you, Sonia!!! :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: March 13th, 2018, 8:16 am Also, I corrected the word chapter to replace the section one in the first chapter, following your guidance. I'll re-upload it right now!
great, now I have spot checked one LAST time this chapter 1 :lol: and it is definitely PL ok now. Don't touch it anymore :mrgreen:

So you are going with "capitulo" in every section, then I'll change it in the first post for you, so all is clear now.
Do you remember that friend of mine who was eager to join us? Well, there were two, in reality. But at least one of them told me yesterday that she borrowed a microphone from her brother and is going to do an experiment! So we'll have someone else getting into our community! :thumbs:
great. Please ask her if she could help out in the group projects :9: I started a new one, in case you haven't seen it yet. It's another abandoned solo that we could bring to a close.
Is the Beast of the East still around?
no luckily it's much warmer now and today the sun is shining a bit. :D

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Phew, Chapter 3 was long :shock: I managed to finish listening to it and on the whole it was ok, only a few things to correct. I liked the little song in the middle, nice touch. Is it a famous folk song or did you just make up the tune ?

My PL notes:

> your average volume is only 84.4 dB, please amplify by 4 dB. The first 6 minutes are loud enough, but then it begins to be softer and softer. At about 50:00 it’s really very low. So maybe you don't have to amplify the beginning, but the majority needs to be louder

> at 30:03-30:07: this pause is a bit too long, I would cut it down to 1.5 seconds maximum

> at 59:12: (p. 85): stumble and repeat “conversava sobre” – can be cut out once

Excellent job for such a big chapter :thumbs:

Only careful, at some places I heard a background rustling, and I don't know what that was. You can hear it for example at 4:09-4:15 or at 56:21-56:26. Maybe you can find out what it was and try to cancel it out for your next recordings. No need to re-record here though, it is not that disturbing and everything is still well comprehensible.

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Kitty wrote: March 14th, 2018, 12:29 am great, now I have spot checked one LAST time this chapter 1 and it is definitely PL ok now. Don't touch it anymore
No way, Jose! :lol:
Kitty wrote: March 14th, 2018, 12:29 am great. Please ask her if she could help out in the group projects I started a new one, in case you haven't seen it yet. It's another abandoned solo that we could bring to a close.
Great! I'll let her know about it (I didn't know either)
Kitty wrote: March 14th, 2018, 12:29 am no luckily it's much warmer now and today the sun is shining a bit.
Great again! :clap: I can imagine how precious a timid ray of sun is over there. Here we are melting at this late, with our open windows.

Sonia, Jesssss!!!! I struggled like crazy with this chapter 3!!!!!! Oh, Lord!!!!! You have no idea... My microphone is not a headphone, so you might figure out what is to be holding a heavy device for over one hour, trying not to move my head too much. That's what has caused both problems: the volume and the cable noise one. I'm so sorry! Anyways, it took me hours to try to make the adjustments, and I'm still not satisfied enough. I cut out plenty spots where I could hear my breathing, but the noise caused by the cable. Also, there's an irregularity with the volume still, which I couldn't solve. Hopefully, it will pass the test (praying over here).

Well, I was just ready to start the recording of the following chapter but decided on checking this one beforehand, as you kindly listened to it, making your observations. Conclusion: I wasn't able to do anything else. The job had to be postponed...

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mulato_03_azevedo_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 59:08

Phew! The end for now. Time to take some rest.

Thank you, Sonia, very very much, for your persistent patience.
God bless you,

Good night! :9:

Adriana
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

P.S:
Oh Sonia, but I can't go to bed without mentioning how happy I am for the victory about chapter 1. :9: I surely won't even dare to go near it. Alleluia! :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Great! I'll let her know about it (I didn't know either)
aha, well I made the announcement in the Cartas project :lol: maybe you have some time to join a group again after your Solo :)
My microphone is not a headphone, so you might figure out what is to be holding a heavy device for over one hour, trying not to move my head too much.
oh that can be exhausting. Luckily I have a microphone that is standing next to me, so I don't have to hold it and it won't move while I record
I cut out plenty spots where I could hear my breathing
oh no ! you did it again. :( Over half a minute is missing from the spot where the stumble used to be.

Pleeeeease, if you cut out breathings or anything, you need to tell me the exact time stamps where you did that, because I need to Spot PL to check if you did not cut out parts of the text by error. Now I have to re-check it ALL again. That is over one hour of extra work for me and I really cannot deal with that now. I was already exhausted from concentrating so much on a foreign language yesterday.

I'm quite upset about this now. And your breathing didn't disturb me at all, so there was no need to cut it. Always remember, only machines don't breathe. Listening to human readers, it's actually quite refreshing to hear some breaths in-between. I would have flagged it if I had found it very disturbing.

Well at least the sound is louder now and I also found the spot where the stumble had been cut out. Still I will not mark it PL ok yet, before I have re-checked it all. But not today.

Sonia
lortizsouza

Post by lortizsouza »

for me the 2 firsts chapters are perfect.

Pra mim os dois primeiros cap estao perfeitos, nao consegui achar nada e foi muito envolvente.

Até amanha eu respondo dos próximos 2.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oh hello, Larissa, nice of you to help me out with Proofing in this project. :9: I'm sure Adriana will be thrilled as well.

If you like to read up on what to check for, it would be good if you read through the prooflisteners' tips and tricks:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17680

I already checked Chapters 1, 2 and 3. And for Chapter 2 I found a few small things to note down, if you like to read my comments:
viewtopic.php?p=1447895#p1447895

Chapter 3 needs to be checked once again, as there were some minor edits, so if you could do that, that would be great. Just post back here if there is anything that strikes you as wrong.

Do you follow along with the text or simply listen ? This is "standard" PL so it's not necessary to follow along, but I personally prefer to do that, to check if everything is as it should. You are free to do so if you wish.

Thank you very much, and looking forward to hearing from you soon. For the moment I will not put you up yet as DPL, let's see if you like the job first ;) Then you can tell me if you want to be DPL (dedicated prooflistener = who will read ALL the chapters in one project).

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

lortizsouza wrote: March 15th, 2018, 8:27 am for me the 2 firsts chapters are perfect.

Pra mim os dois primeiros cap estao perfeitos, nao consegui achar nada e foi muito envolvente.

Até amanha eu respondo dos próximos 2.
Boa noite, Iortiz!

Muito obrigada por sua contribuição. Aguardando o andamento desse projeto que já cruza a linha de chegada! :D Ficará pendente apenas o trabalho de PL mesmo.

Abraço,

Sacciotto