COMPLETE[PLAY]Wappin' Wharf by Charles S. Brooks - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: April 14th, 2018, 8:03 am "cockscotbilly" - I'm loving this!!! ha ha ha ha (rolling on the floor) ha ha ha ha! That might just be what you'll get! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm counting on it now :mrgreen:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: April 14th, 2018, 1:41 am Did plenty of character development: https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-24.854478,152.3668695,3a,75y,119.48h,84.46t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sTMh9OtKqRErSQ82LDe50pw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en
Those Bundy Bears know how to have a good time.
ah fond memories :lol:

and your extensive research totally paid off :thumbs: Duke is excellent, especially when in his cups and singing. Well, you're reciting (as per Captain Todd's orders) but it has a good melodic quality to it anyway, sort of like the ocean waves going up and down. And the final stanza where you're getting sleepier really has a nice effect.

I pitied your vocal chords though...you're roughening them up quite a bit. :shock: Hope you can still talk by the end of Act 3. :help:

Wonderful performance and nothing missing. PL ok definitely.

Thanks ! Looking forward to the rest. Now get a shave before you woo Betsy ;)

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kitty wrote: April 14th, 2018, 10:31 am "cockscotbilly"
Just everyone beware when the banjo/bagpipe/spoons music starts up!

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
benderca

Post by benderca »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: April 14th, 2018, 1:34 pm
Kitty wrote: April 14th, 2018, 10:31 am "cockscotbilly"

Chris
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
huray, yahoo, yee ha, yippe ay-yay!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
huray, yahoo, yee ha, yippe ay-yay!
you know, this is exactly the reason why Todd wrote in BIG LETTERS: DO NOT SING !!!!
:lol: :mrgreen:

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: April 15th, 2018, 7:37 am
you know, this is exactly the reason why Todd wrote in BIG LETTERS: DO NOT SING !!!!
:lol: :mrgreen:

Sonia
Ha! I a-reckon' you're right!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Could ya'all be darlin's and give lil ole me a teensy tinsey extension for Darlin'? I shud'n need lawng seein' as I's already recorded the part (several versions). I just need a wee bit o time to sift thru an' sort out the best version... :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kitty wrote: April 12th, 2018, 11:39 am
silverquill wrote: April 12th, 2018, 8:18 amI gave this one final listen, so I hope I didn't miss anything important. I almost made myself cry listenin' to poor ole Patch pourin' out his leetle heart to Darlin. :cry:
I agree...I stifled down a few sobs as well when I listened to this heartfelt performance, Larry. You are a pirate at heart, it seems. And it sounds like you practiced your lines after a bottle of rum to get into character :mrgreen: Poor Patch :(

excellently portrayed and almost complete. Unfortunately you missed one tiny line (one single word):

> at about 12:38: please insert: "Smash !"

the rest: perfect :thumbs: looking forward to the other two acts.

Sonia
Well, one word -- there it is starin' a' me! Musta been blinded by me patch!
Me groggin' days is over. But, here ya go, Darlin:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wappinwharf_patch_1_128kb.mp3
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Well, alright, but 'member there's that thar plank ye could be awalkin...

Thanks, Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

ToddHW wrote: April 15th, 2018, 12:48 pm Well, alright, but 'member there's that thar plank ye could be awalkin...

Thanks, Todd
aw. yer really ar a darlin'! but, blimey, ther'll be no need fer gettin' out that thar plank, mind yer. I'm a-gunna finish it befer ye can splice the mainbrace!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have recorded the introduction text. (Dinna wanna be awalking that plank meself!) Need to edit. Long, but interesting and sets the scene well without any spoilers.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Introduction complete, ready for final PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: April 15th, 2018, 12:45 pm Well, one word -- there it is starin' a' me! Musta been blinded by me patch!
Me groggin' days is over. But, here ya go, Darlin:
thank 'ee Patchy, nice smash :thumbs: I'll give 'ee the PL ok now.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 15th, 2018, 2:05 pmI have recorded the introduction text. (Dinna wanna be awalking that plank meself!) Need to edit. Long, but interesting and sets the scene well without any spoilers.
just listened to the whole introduction and it's wonderfully narrated, sometimes with the needed tongue-in-cheek :mrgreen: Great job, Todd. Although I must admit that the repetition of almost the entire Betsy intro later on by me in the first act may sound tedious to our listeners :( Especially because the author even repeats parts of it in his introduction as well. Some sentences they will hear 3 times. :? They will probably think "when will they shut up and the pirates show up" :lol:

Well I cannot mark it PL ok yet, since we still need the voice credits. Actually at 0:53 you could have said your voice credit already "Introduction, read by Todd".

But the intro text is flawless. Although: didn't you want to include the sub-chapter on naming the play as well ? I haven't read it yet but if it's as funny as the rest, it may be worth it. Your choice of course. :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you Sonia.

I did record the "Naming of the Play" section, but did not put it in here cuz while interesting it wanders on for quite a while. (My raw recording of the full introduction is over 40 minutes, probably 30 minutes when edited.)

Maybe I should put something in the summary saying that the very interesting author's comments are in the intro section 0, but if you want to get right to the pirates and the blood, then go to act 1. If I do that, I'll move the cast list to the Act 1 file as well.

Thanks, Todd