COMPLETE[PLAY]Wappin' Wharf by Charles S. Brooks - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: February 17th, 2018, 11:05 amAbsolutely perfect. If folks don't get their other parts in quick, I could just catalog this narration file as it is and any listener would be pleased to hear it.
awww :oops: thank you Captain
So listen up you other scurvy dogs
:lol: you know how to make people work for you

So you listened to it all already ? Ok with the Cast list in the introduction ? :hmm:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: February 17th, 2018, 11:21 am So you listened to it all already ? Ok with the Cast list in the introduction ? :hmm:

Sonia
Yes, I listened to it all the way through (and enjoyed it tremendously).

I think the Cast List at the end of the Intro Section is the right thing to do. And I'm still thinking on the Betsy Prologue; currently thinking it needs to be there but could be said by author as the beginning of the intro text. Not the narrator voice.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: February 17th, 2018, 11:51 amAnd I'm still thinking on the Betsy Prologue; currently thinking it needs to be there but could be said by author as the beginning of the intro text. Not the narrator voice.
yes, that was another option I considered, but didn't want to put extra work to you :oops: But you are right, this whole intro could be seen as author's musings over the preparation of his play.

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, ok, you twisted my arm!!! I'll play Betsy, ok???
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

“DO NOT SING!”

Are you trying to hint something, Todd? :lol:

Well, there goes the “Birds Eye Fish Fingers” commercial spot.

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: February 17th, 2018, 1:05 pm Ok, ok, you twisted my arm!!! I'll play Betsy, ok???
who was twisting your arm, Devorah ? Tell me and I make him walk the plank. It was Chris wasn't it ? :twisted:

Meanwhile I sign you up before you come to your senses. :mrgreen:

And please, important: do NOT record the intro section for Betsy. The captain and I are still considering to keep this for the narration. Acts 1, 2 and 3 are ready for you to record though.

Sonia
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

I’ll be Old Meg, I will I will... an’ if any of yer yells about it, I’ll exile yer, same as I did with Son of the Exiles. :D
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Ealswythe wrote: February 17th, 2018, 1:56 pmI’ll be Old Meg, I will I will... an’ if any of yer yells about it, I’ll exile yer, same as I did with Son of the Exiles. :D
:shock: that was you ? Interesting...

I think you'll be great as Old Meg, Linda :9: and you can gobble up all the remaining grog you may sniff out in the props.

Thanks, I'll sign you up.

Todd, I think your pirate play has quite some success. You must have touched the inner pirate in us all.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This is not my first Pirate play. a couple years ago I did https://librivox.org/treasure-island-a-play-in-4-acts-by-jules-eckert-goodman/

Glad everyone is excited about this.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

going to bed now...but not before uploading Narration Act 2. Much shorter than Act 1, but just as funny.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wappinwharf_narrator_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 13:17 min.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: February 17th, 2018, 3:41 pm going to bed now...but not before uploading Narration Act 2. Much shorter than Act 1, but just as funny.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wappinwharf_narrator_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 13:17 min.

Sonia
Ah, another perfect PL OK reading. There is devilry afoot here, treachery, and maybe even romance. What a story! I wonder if this guy wrote any more plays? Or even any other books?

Thanks, Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Can I do the small part of the Sailor Captain?
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks and welcome aboard.

Only one part left, mateys! Let's shanghai someone to fill this pirate project up!

Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

“Only one part left, mateys! Let's shanghai someone to fill this pirate project up!”.

Hmm, I hear that a certain Luxembourg Lady known to Sonia is quite an artillery afficionado, and fully conversant with Cannon Law.

You might like to try and curry favour with her, Todd, but beware! Curry is a spicy dish.

Chris
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kitty wrote: February 17th, 2018, 2:07 am Let the rum begin to flow...
Yes, enough of that freaky Luxembourg absinthe that “Psychodelic Psonia” has been passing around the troupe of late. :mrgreen:

Chris