COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 011-thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: March 28th, 2018, 12:34 am Three words ... “French maid’s outfit”.
my eyes will bleed.... :help:

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kitty wrote: March 28th, 2018, 12:39 am
SonOfTheExiles wrote: March 28th, 2018, 12:34 am Three words ... “French maid’s outfit”.
my eyes will bleed.... :help:

Sonia
Huh! Did I shave my legs for this? :roll:

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: March 27th, 2018, 11:22 pm
ToddHW wrote: March 27th, 2018, 5:38 pmMy plays are gender neutral. So if Parlourmaid you want, Parlourmaid you be. Kitty will be picturing you as she speaks her lines (I'm glad mine are already in the can!).
:shock: I need to get my role in before I listen to this....

Todd, dear, don't you think our new parlourmaid has quite a deep voice ? And the poor girl is desperately, but ineffectually, trying to camouflage some facial hair with too much cheap make-up. I fear she may have a hormonal problem. :hmm: Did you check her credentials before hiring her ?

Sonia
I didn't hire her! Ever since that - er - misunderstanding back in Brighton - you remember, it was about the time I gave you that very nice diamond necklace? - you have engaged all the female domestic staff. I must note that this parlourmaid is the only one I've known that can carry 6 full coal scuttles at one time, a definite time savings in the mornings.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: March 28th, 2018, 3:36 amI didn't hire her! Ever since that - er - misunderstanding back in Brighton - you remember, it was about the time I gave you that very nice diamond necklace?
hmmm...right...I remember. Well, let's not discuss this in front of the servants.
I must note that this parlourmaid is the only one I've known that can carry 6 full coal scuttles at one time, a definite time savings in the mornings.
:lol: good thing. And now I remember: the dressmaker of Lady Twombley, one Miss Mauricette, warmly recommended this parlourmaid to me. I suppose I can trust her judgement. :hmm:

We'll see how it works out. At least I'm confident you don't need to buy a new necklace with her :mrgreen:

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: March 27th, 2018, 4:49 am
ToddHW wrote: March 25th, 2018, 5:24 pmHere are the Viscount and The Master.
> at about 8:16: missing lines p. 22 bottom: “Forgive me for reminding you, Mrs Hatchett

> at 9:27: you repeat “Worrington” after I prompt you to say “Worringham”, but this is optional. I think we can even let that stand, as it seems to be a running gag that the master constantly mis-names everybody LOL I especially loved his names for Gale :lol:

> at about 9:46: missing line p. 25 middle: “Don’t lose your dignity
Fixed and uploaded for Spot PL.

'Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Leanne, your Julia is quite a mischief maker. :lol: I almost pitied the countess when you so obviously made fun of her all the time. Excellently played, and nothing missing. Only the volume is quite low, you are almost whispering in some parts. But Todd will adjust the volume anyway, so I only make a note in the MW for that :)

PL ok

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: March 28th, 2018, 2:47 pm Fixed and uploaded for Spot PL.
exellent patches and all is PL ok now. I started working on the mistress yesterday, but the role is actually very challenging, so I couldn't finish in one go. Will probably be done before the weekend though.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

So Todd, here is your mistress. Phew, this was a long and challenging role. I think the desperate hysterical laughter at the end was not altogether faked :lol: I would have loved to know the rest of our servants from hell, unfortunately I only had TJ, Alan and Chris so far...but I think the thought of them was enough to picture the rest and get into the play :mrgreen:

now I need to come down again...

Hope I didn't miss any lines:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/playgoers_mistress_pinero.mp3
Recording time: 16:50 min.

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote: March 30th, 2018, 1:16 pm The jilting (and angry) Mr Harpin:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countessofescarbagnas_harpin_moliere.mp3
wow, this was a really good performance, Nemo :thumbs: Mr Harpin really seems to have an anger-management problem :lol: you really bring out the long-time supressed rage of the jilted lover quite well.

No errors or missing lines. Totally PL ok. Thanks, great job !

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Kitty wrote: March 30th, 2018, 1:27 pm
NemoR wrote: March 30th, 2018, 1:16 pm The jilting (and angry) Mr Harpin:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countessofescarbagnas_harpin_moliere.mp3
wow, this was a really good performance, Nemo :thumbs: Mr Harpin really seems to have an anger-management problem :lol: you really bring out the long-time supressed rage of the jilted lover quite well.

No errors or missing lines. Totally PL ok. Thanks, great job !

Sonia
Thanks S! :9:

Yeah, per Stanislavski, I reached back into my early 20's and brought up those deep memories :roll:
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote: March 30th, 2018, 1:30 pm Yeah, per Stanislavski, I reached back into my early 20's and brought up those deep memories :roll:
awwww, poor you. But life has been kind to you since then, I trust ?

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: March 30th, 2018, 8:48 am So Todd, here is your mistress. Phew, this was a long and challenging role. I think the desperate hysterical laughter at the end was not altogether faked :lol: I would have loved to know the rest of our servants from hell, unfortunately I only had TJ, Alan and Chris so far...but I think the thought of them was enough to picture the rest and get into the play :mrgreen:

now I need to come down again...

Hope I didn't miss any lines:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/playgoers_mistress_pinero.mp3
Recording time: 16:50 min.

Sonia
Oh, you poor woman. You must need a little lie down now. Shame you can't take Dolores's people management and persuasion skills with you as you go from project to project.

I kept wondering if something was going to be made of the fact that I am named Ernest, but alas no.

Perfectly read and PL OK. This will be delightful to assemble!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: March 30th, 2018, 4:57 pmOh, you poor woman. You must need a little lie down now. Shame you can't take Dolores's people management and persuasion skills with you as you go from project to project.
oh you are so right ! Or maybe, seeing that the Odd Man is the only one still remaining in the end, the secret is to hire MALE servants from now on. I'll go shopping for some (good-looking, well muscled) valets soon. :9:
I kept wondering if something was going to be made of the fact that I am named Ernest, but alas no.
:lol: I kept thinking why Pinero used the name Ernest for the husband. Maybe there was some intention in it

Sonia