ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great. Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you for PLing the Princess for me, Todd :)

Meanwhile I cleaned up the MW. I moved all the finished play up and created a sections-to-be-deleted part.

Only 2 plays still to do: The Vampire Cat and A Day Well Spent.

Since James seems to be busy right now, I will try to PL those three recorded sections today.

Stay tuned

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: November 28th, 2018, 4:45 pmHere's Miss Brown in A Day Well Spent:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/daywellspent_missbrown_oxenford.mp3
so you've waited long enough for feedback, TJ. Miss Brown is wonderfully done. Each new time she says "my dear !" I had to giggle :lol: I think this will all sound very funny in dialogue later on.

Thanks, PL ok.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: January 12th, 2019, 7:37 pmHere's the narrator for "A Day Well Spent", some 16 minutes long. No noisecleaning.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/adaywellspent_narrator_128kb.mp3
No wonder this is not going anywhere, half of the time people are talking "aside". :roll:
indeed .... :lol: and I also wonder how practicable this was to play on stage, since basically every short scene played in a totally different setting. Usually you have one setting for one act, here there are dozens of settings in what is apparently a one-acter. :? I find this highly strange.

So...with all the asides, unfortunately in the first 4 minutes you missed all of the character names when the "aside" was at the beginning of the speech. :( I noted them all down for you, but I must admit, I was relieved when all of a sudden you started saying them after 4 minutes. Otherwise the proofing would have taken me much longer.

Luckily it's only 5 different names, so it's probably easy to copy/paste them. I hope I got them all right. Quite tricky with so many asides one after the other. :help:

> at 0:53: Cotton, aside
> at 0:55: Cutaway, aside
> at 1:21: Mizzle, aside
> at 2:21: Bolt, knocking at door
> at 3:00: Mizzle, aside
> at 3:05: Mizzle, aside
> at 3:08: Bolt, aside
> at 3:14: Mrs Stitchley, aside
> at 3:20: Mizzle, aside
> at 3:34: Mizzle, aside
> at 3:53: Bolt, aside
> at 3:55: Mizzle, aside
> at 7:31: Bolt (horn sounds): I think here we can leave Bolt out, because the action doesn’t characterize Bolt’s speech
> at 10:48: Bolt, Mizzle and Cutaway, together: this will be voice merging, probably can be cut out entirely
> at about 14:00: missing line: “does so
> at 15:35: Mizzle, aside

> also the volume was a bit under 85 dB, but I suspect that was because of the long pauses in-between. Anyway, the volume will get adjusted by the editor later on.

thank you, nicely narrated. Agreeable to listen to. :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: January 28th, 2019, 8:00 pmGot him read!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/adaywellspent_peterprig_oxenford.mp3
Recording time: 1:09 mins
ok and the last one was a quickie :) but very well done, Campbell. I already like the voice credit which you already say in character :lol: :thumbs: nice touch. Well in the beginning he is a big-mouther, but at the end a bit squeamish, hehe.

Totally PL ok. Thanks for the quick turn-around.

So we're really only waiting for James' last role to come in and two plays to be assembled. Can we make it before the one-year mark ? :hmm:

Sonia
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thanks for your thorough PLing Sonia - and sorry for the mess! :oops:

I THINK I got them all in at the right spots. But there are plenty of lonely "asides" to choose from, still. :roll:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/adaywellspent_narrator_128kb.mp3
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: February 6th, 2019, 8:04 am I THINK I got them all in at the right spots. But there are plenty of lonely "asides" to choose from, still. :roll:
:lol: indeed. This was quite tricky to Spot PL as well. I found a few spots that were on the wrong place, but since all the parts are in, I think I will simply put a note in the MW and the editor will find their way around.

> between 3:28 and 3:40: I think we now have one aside too many :? I don't know how but I couldn't find 4 in a row :lol: no matter
> at 14:11: "does so", belongs a bit further at 14:16
> at 15:49: "Mizzle aside" belongs a bit further at 15:54

I'll mark it PL ok now with the notes to editor. Thanks Ava, it was not easy to plough through that

That only leaves James' role to come in....

Todd: I sent a PM to shineko some time ago, but she is absent since December and hasn't even picked it up yet. Should we take some action there soon ?

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Zames has been around as near as Feb 4th, but has not responded to my latest PM which I will resend.

I'll assemble shineko's play.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Missing an Ito Soda line in Vampire Cat: "So will I wait the moment."

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have uploaded a draft of Vampire Cat. Not ready for PL yet - missing a line by Ito Soda. (PM sent.)

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ToddHW wrote: February 6th, 2019, 11:44 am Zames has been around as near as Feb 4th, but has not responded to my latest PM which I will resend.

I'll assemble shineko's play.

Thanks, Todd
PM from Zames - he is working on it now.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: February 6th, 2019, 1:35 pm PM from Zames - he is working on it now.
hurray !!!

did you also PM Chuck, to make sure he sees the PL note ?

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Yes, I PM'd Chuck.

Thanks, Todd
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Whoops! Sorry guys. Haven't been paying attention and didn't notice this until Todd sent me the PM. Here's the missing line:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vampirecat_ito_missingline.mp3
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Vampire Cat is ready for final PL.

Thanks, Todd