COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 011-thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

Definitely, I'd be very happy to have you in that role! :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DrPGould wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 7:29 am The correction for the count is in the MW or at this link.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thecountessofescarbagnas_count_moliere.mp3
thank you, Philip. This is PL ok now.

Oh and I also put you in as Brainard :thumbs:

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Philip,
I was just starting to record the narrator for Efficiency, but before I continue, just wanted to get your input--"241", should I pronounce it two-four-one, or two-hundred-forty-one? Or two-forty-one? Any preference? :)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Foon:

An excellent question. In the character's voice credit I say two-four-one...but that would be (in my view) a more robotic way of identification. I think two forty-one is probably more natural for everyone involved (and I think the mad scientist has a line or two where he explains the name).

That's my thinking...but I have no objections to however you wish to read it.

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Well, my first instinct (i.e. what I did before I stopped and thought about it) was to say two-four-one. But if you think two forty-one is nicer, I'll switch to that, no problem. Up to the BC. :)

Readers needed:
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Foon:

If you've already started with 2-4-1 go ahead and go with it. Frankly, it hadn't crossed my mind until you asked.

Many thanks,

Philip
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

DrPGould wrote: July 12th, 2018, 11:01 am Here's the link to Wallie from Bridges:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bridges_wallie_kummer.mp3

Many thanks,

Philip
I literally just saw that this was finished. :shock:

Sorry.

But here's the good news: it's very good and also PL OK! Thanks!
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Many thanks for your PL, Chuck!

Philip
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 3:08 pmWell, my first instinct (i.e. what I did before I stopped and thought about it) was to say two-four-one.
I don't have any insight at all, but I am wondering if the author maybe used this number specifically to make a pun on the word "two for one", meaning the scientist now found a way to provide the emperor with a double use of manpower. First the normal human soldiers, and then, when they are crippled and half-dead, they get a second life as robot-slaves in the war. "Two uses for One Person" - 2 4 1. This pun would get lost if you said "two forty-one" or "two hundred and forty-one"

But maybe I'm interpreting too much into it.... :mrgreen:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Chuck and Tomas, I'll update the MW. Thanks !

That means if the last two parts for Chitra are ok, this play is ready to get assembled soon. :)

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Kitty wrote: July 24th, 2018, 12:20 am
Foon wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 3:08 pmWell, my first instinct (i.e. what I did before I stopped and thought about it) was to say two-four-one.
I don't have any insight at all, but I am wondering if the author maybe used this number specifically to make a pun on the word "two for one", meaning the scientist now found a way to provide the emperor with a double use of manpower. First the normal human soldiers, and then, when they are crippled and half-dead, they get a second life as robot-slaves in the war. "Two uses for One Person" - 2 4 1. This pun would get lost if you said "two forty-one" or "two hundred and forty-one"

But maybe I'm interpreting too much into it.... :mrgreen:

Sonia
Oooooh. That's an interesting interpretation! I hadn't thought of this at all.
Well, regardless of whether it's true or not, I now definitely need to stick with two-four-one! :D

Readers needed:
GrayHouse

Post by GrayHouse »

May I claim Section 9 - Narrator for The Vampire Cat, please.
I've not done a narrator role before, but I read Kitty's helpful notes for Foon (I had similar questions), so I think I know what I'm doing...
Thanks,
-Ian
Foon

Post by Foon »

Philip--
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oneactplays011_efficiency_narrator_128kb.mp3
Here's your narrator!

I hope I didn't miss anything :)

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GrayHouse wrote: July 24th, 2018, 2:19 am May I claim Section 9 - Narrator for The Vampire Cat, please.
I've not done a narrator role before, but I read Kitty's helpful notes for Foon (I had similar questions), so I think I know what I'm doing...
Thanks,
-Ian
great Ian, you come prepared :thumbs: I'll sign you up ! Have fun !

Sonia