COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 011-thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17838
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 1st, 2018, 3:13 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
April 1st, 2018, 2:52 pm
The hardest part was keeping in character when my cats started fighting! :lol: In order not to break my momentum, I had to tell myself, "Waa-haaa, the cats are fighting agai-hai-hai-haaaiin!"
:lol: so it wasn't even played then :mrgreen:

Sonia

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1285
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » April 2nd, 2018, 4:51 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
April 1st, 2018, 2:52 pm
The hardest part was keeping in character when my cats started fighting!
Well, psychoanalysis for their mistress was clearly indicated at this point, and you know what these therapists are like when they start arguing about the merits of Freud versus Jung.

Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
_________________
My LV catalogue page
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel
Featured Plays

mightyfelix
Posts: 3870
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » April 6th, 2018, 9:07 am

OK, I found one. This one is fun, short, and just so weird I can't resist.

"Food" A Tragedy of the Future by William C. de Mille (1878-1955, so not PD for life + 70, unfortunately)
https://archive.org/details/foodatragedy00demirich
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_C._deMille
Published 1914
4 roles:
  • Basil, a New Yorker
  • Irene, his wife
  • Harold, an officer of the Food Trust
  • Narrator
I probably won't read for this one, but I'll edit.

wib66
Posts: 8519
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » April 6th, 2018, 1:56 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
April 6th, 2018, 9:07 am
OK, I found one. This one is fun, short, and just so weird I can't resist.

"Food" A Tragedy of the Future by William C. de Mille (1878-1955, so not PD for life + 70, unfortunately)
https://archive.org/details/foodatragedy00demirich
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_C._deMille
Published 1914
4 roles:
  • Basil, a New Yorker
  • Irene, his wife
  • Harold, an officer of the Food Trust
  • Narrator
I probably won't read for this one, but I'll edit.
I will put this in the MW for you
Michele

Family matters means I will be away for a while and will catch up on my return.
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina

mightyfelix
Posts: 3870
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » April 6th, 2018, 10:34 pm

There is an error in the first post. The BC for Food is me, mightyfelix, not wiltedscribe.

benderca
Posts: 877
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » April 7th, 2018, 3:18 am

mightyfelix wrote:
April 6th, 2018, 9:07 am
OK, I found one. This one is fun, short, and just so weird I can't resist.

"Food" A Tragedy of the Future by William C. de Mille (1878-1955, so not PD for life + 70, unfortunately)
https://archive.org/details/foodatragedy00demirich
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_C._deMille
Published 1914
4 roles:
  • Basil, a New Yorker
  • Irene, his wife
  • Harold, an officer of the Food Trust
  • Narrator
I probably won't read for this one, but I'll edit.
omg! this is hilarious. I'll read Irene, unless you want to, Devorah.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8615
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 7th, 2018, 3:58 am

mightyfelix wrote:
April 6th, 2018, 10:34 pm
There is an error in the first post. The BC for Food is me, mightyfelix, not wiltedscribe.
I fixed this.

Thanks, Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17838
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 7th, 2018, 4:11 am

Tomas, I'll claim Baroness von Brook in your play, if I may :)

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17838
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 7th, 2018, 4:15 am

And I can also do the Villagers in Chitra. :)

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17838
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 7th, 2018, 4:19 am

And lastly, I can do Kashiku in The Vampire cat, then I have helped out in each play, apart from Devorah's Food, which unfortunately is not PD for me, since I live in Europe.

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8615
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 7th, 2018, 5:55 am

I posted the above claims in the MW.

Thanks, Todd

mightyfelix
Posts: 3870
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » April 7th, 2018, 8:14 am

benderca wrote:
April 7th, 2018, 3:18 am
mightyfelix wrote:
April 6th, 2018, 9:07 am
OK, I found one. This one is fun, short, and just so weird I can't resist.

"Food" A Tragedy of the Future by William C. de Mille (1878-1955, so not PD for life + 70, unfortunately)
https://archive.org/details/foodatragedy00demirich
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_C._deMille
Published 1914
4 roles:
  • Basil, a New Yorker
  • Irene, his wife
  • Harold, an officer of the Food Trust
  • Narrator
I probably won't read for this one, but I'll edit.
omg! this is hilarious. I'll read Irene, unless you want to, Devorah.
All yours!

bluechien
Posts: 1092
Joined: January 6th, 2017, 6:58 pm
Location: Laurentia

Post by bluechien » April 7th, 2018, 1:06 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
April 6th, 2018, 9:07 am
OK, I found one. This one is fun, short, and just so weird I can't resist.
Really cool find, Devorah! :thumbs:
Eva D
siamo contenti? ... ho fatto questa caricatura ... - Nietzsche

benderca
Posts: 877
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » April 7th, 2018, 1:19 pm

bluechien wrote:
April 7th, 2018, 1:06 pm
mightyfelix wrote:
April 6th, 2018, 9:07 am
OK, I found one. This one is fun, short, and just so weird I can't resist.
Really cool find, Devorah! :thumbs:
Did you want to play Irene, Eva? The role is so deliciously melodramatic that I couldn't refuse, but I do have more than enough terrific roles to keep me busy. So if you feel so inclined... :D

bluechien
Posts: 1092
Joined: January 6th, 2017, 6:58 pm
Location: Laurentia

Post by bluechien » April 7th, 2018, 1:28 pm

I love the role, and it's *very* generous of you to offer, but I'm already overclaimed. (boohoo) (Mrs. Ebbsmith glares from the sidelines)

But thanks! It's such a quirky and cool play.
Eva D
siamo contenti? ... ho fatto questa caricatura ... - Nietzsche

Post Reply