[Complete][Portuguese] Cartas de Inglaterra de Eça de Queirós - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Kitty wrote: February 13th, 2018, 11:31 am so Adriana, I did finish to listen to your recording which was VERY interesting. The first 15 minutes I thought, the title should be "about seasons" and not "about books" because he mentions all the seasons. And he is very funny in his writing I think. I had to laugh at the end of this sentence: "Isto ás vezes viaja com a esposa, a cunhada, uma amiga da cunhada, uma conhecida d'esta amiga, sete filhos, seis creados, dez cães, e outros cães conhecidos d'estes cães"
:lol: :lol: :lol: I agree with you! What a mess! And you got the spirit of the text, aha?! Pretty smart, pretty smart! :thumbs:
Kitty wrote: February 13th, 2018, 11:31 am the volume is again a bit too loud, could you please reduce it by 2 dB. Have you downloaded the ReplayGain already ?
Sorry, Sonia, but I couldn't download the plug-in yet. :oops: I knew I would spend too much time doing that procedure, and then I wouldn't have enough time left to work on the recording itself. Yep, I have the section 3 ready already :!: , which means more job for you. :lol: :oops: Anyways, I reduced the volume exactly as you required.

And the other observations were also corrected. There it goes! (DURATION:26min50sec)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_2_queiros_128kb.mp3

:clap:
Thank you once more, dear Sonia!

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 13th, 2018, 1:09 pm Sorry, Sonia, but I couldn't download the plug-in yet. :oops: I knew I would spend too much time doing that procedure, and then I wouldn't have enough time left to work on the recording itself. Yep, I have the section 3 ready already :!:
you know this is not a competition, you need not rush through them all LOL

I will probably check only tomorrow, I am currently recording as well.

Oh something else I noticed only just now. The filen-number needs to be 2 digits, so "02" in your case, because we have more than 10 sections.

I can correct it in this case, but please name it correctly in your other files. :)

thank you

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hey, Sonia!
One more for the road! With that, I finish my today's goal.
About the volume, I pretty much followed my instincts as I do not have the proper "measuring device" yet.
So you are recording too! Cool! :clap: :clap: :clap:
I have to tell you that a friend of mine will soon join us! :D She's a Teacher, and loved the idea of this amazing website.
Anyways, time to rest (reading at an in head voice!)

I am not here to put pressure on you :oops: . Do the listening at your time. I just did the recordings because, as a beginner, I feel really excited to practice more. Maybe I am a severe LV addiction case :mrgreen:

Here's my section 3 (with the two digits in the file's name), BTW thank you for helping me with the other ones! God bless you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_03_queiros_128kb.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 13th, 2018, 1:58 pm About the volume, I pretty much followed my instincts as I do not have the proper "measuring device" yet.
no problem, I can check the volume anyway and tell you. But downloading the plug in is really helpful, so you don't have to re-upload for volume anymore ;)
So you are recording too! Cool! :clap: :clap: :clap:
yes I try to use the evening time for recording when it's quiet. So I will not PL in the evening often
I have to tell you that a friend of mine will soon join us! :D She's a Teacher, and loved the idea of this amazing website.
how cool. So you will get precious help in your Portuguese projects :thumbs: thanks for spreading the news.
I am not here to put pressure on you :oops: . Do the listening at your time. I just did the recordings because, as a beginner, I feel really excited to practice more. Maybe I am a severe LV addiction case :mrgreen:
LOL I totally understand you. I only wanted to explain why I don't give feedback immediately. I could do it quickly for a poem of 2 minutes, but all these sections are really long and take a lot of time for me to listen. So I cannot do it all the time, it's also a lot of concentration work, especially in a language I am not too familiar with.

I need to take care not to burn out

But thank you for your next section, I'm putting it in the MW for now (you forgot to tell me the time)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 13th, 2018, 1:09 pm And the other observations were also corrected. There it goes! (DURATION:26min50sec)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_2_queiros_128kb.mp3
ok since this was only Spot PL, I decided to check it now, and unfortunately I found two mistakes still :(

this was very weird... where you corrected "tristezas" something has gone wrong, and I don't know how you did it. :hmm:

> from 26:11-26:13 is a bit long, you can cut a bit of pause there

> then between 26:16 and 26:17, your corrected sentence is overlapping the other sentence, so at one point I hear two different words read. Maybe it would be best to read the sentence completely new and paste it on the correct spot

> at 26:38: you still have the title instead of the number in "Fin da seçao 2"

> since you have to reupload once more anyway, you could also correct the filename with double digits this time ;)

thank you

Sonia
brianna

Post by brianna »

Kitty wrote: February 13th, 2018, 11:26 am
brianna wrote: February 13th, 2018, 11:18 am here is section 16 O Brasil e Portugal
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_16_queiros_128kb.mp3 at 27.09
thank you Brianna (have you checked the 5 seconds ? ;) )

I will probably PL later on or tomorrow, but for now I want to do a few of my own recordings, or I never get anything done for myself. You are all too fast for me. (3 against 1 is unfair)

Sonia
Sonia,this is the corrected section.I opened it and guess what? no 5 secds! So, I have already included them. Hope no more problems are found!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_16_queiros_128kb.mp3
Happy Valentine's Day girls!
Brianna
Men work together,whether they work together or apart. (R.Frost)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

All right, last deed before I sleep. Brianna I checked your long section about Brazil. Must have been interesting for you to read what people thought about your country over 100 years ago. ;)
brianna wrote: February 13th, 2018, 4:03 pm Sonia,this is the corrected section.I opened it and guess what? no 5 secds! So, I have already included them. Hope no more problems are found!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_16_queiros_128kb.mp3
the 5 seconds are THERE !!! :clap: I really don't understand it...I mean, ok, for some reason it cuts off the seconds, I can accept that, even if I don't understand it. But what I really don't understand is that the second time, it keeps the 5 seconds in. The program is not behaving the same way on the second time. Strange.

But well, I found no other errors. So this section is PL ok.

Well done, Brianna ! (and now, good night - the rest will be done tomorrow)

Sonia
Mayah92

Post by Mayah92 »

Hi Sonia,

Thank you so much, you answered exactly what I needed to know! I would be glad to PL this project with you, only right now I am finishing my sections. And of course, I want to read the links you gave me and learn more about it. When I'll be ready I will write and we'll both PL the same section and compare our notes as you said. I like the idea!
Thanks for all!
:thumbs:
Let's give Peace a chance. :wink:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Mayah92 wrote: February 14th, 2018, 1:01 am Thank you so much, you answered exactly what I needed to know! I would be glad to PL this project with you, only right now I am finishing my sections. And of course, I want to read the links you gave me and learn more about it. When I'll be ready I will write and we'll both PL the same section and compare our notes as you said. I like the idea!
so great ! I would be so happy to get a bit of help in PLing the Portuguese sections :9: My work is starting to become a bit overwhelming at the moment.

BTW I edited my post and added another thing I check:
2) check if the intro and outro are correct according to the first post, check if the 5 seconds silence are at the end, check if the filename is correct
I actually sometimes forget to check the filename :oops: but usually when I put it in the MW, at one point I see it is not the same than all the others :lol: If the reader made other mistakes, I tell them to change the filename while reuploading, but if it was PL ok otherwise, I tell them the filename can also be changed by the MC. But it's always good to mention it, so they know the convention for next time.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 13th, 2018, 1:58 pm Here's my section 3 (with the two digits in the file's name), BTW thank you for helping me with the other ones! God bless you!
So, Adriana, I had time to listen to this section. Beautifully read again :clap: Queiros seems to pity the ladies in the evening :lol: I like his writing style, it's often so witty it's very funny to listen to.

During the text you had NO errors at all, and I was already happy, but then you said "Fim da seção 2" instead of "3" :( I think I know what happened, you replaced the number in the wrong file, because in section 2 you still have the chapter name.

Could you please change this here and reupload. Sorry, it was the only small error, otherwise it would have been all ok.

Thank you

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hey, Sonia, what a mess I did! :shock: Sorry sorry sorry... :(
Hopefully, it's ok now!
Thank you for your patience!

Many hugs,

Adriana

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 14th, 2018, 9:37 am Hey, Sonia, what a mess I did! :shock: Sorry sorry sorry... :(
Hopefully, it's ok now!
Thank you for your patience!
don't worry about it, these things can happen. That's why we always have a DPL to check ;) It's PL ok now, thank you.

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hello Sonia,

Is everything ok? I bring here my third recording to this current project (section4).
Hopefully I'll pass the test.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_04_queiros_128kb.mp3

Wish you a good night!

Hugs,

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 14th, 2018, 2:13 pm Is everything ok? I bring here my third recording to this current project (section4).
Hopefully I'll pass the test.
thank you, all fine here. Can you please tell me the length of the recording ?

I will try to PL later or tomorrow at the latest

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

:shock: Oops! 14"44'

Sorry again..

See you

Adriana
Kitty wrote: February 14th, 2018, 2:15 pm Can you please tell me the length of the recording ?