LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 14th, 2018, 2:40 pm :shock: Oops! 14"44'
:) thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 14th, 2018, 2:13 pm I bring here my third recording to this current project (section4).
Hopefully I'll pass the test.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_04_queiros_128kb.mp3
Adriana, good news for you, before you go to bed. The section is perfectly PL ok on the first go :thumbs: very well done, no errors at all.

Thank you

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

:D :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: Wow! How fantastic! Then I finally passed the test! Thank you so much, Sonia!
Kitty wrote: February 14th, 2018, 3:31 pm Adriana, good news for you, before you go to bed. The section is perfectly PL ok on the first go very well done, no errors at all.
I don't know if you will still be there to listen to my good news: I just finished my last section! :clap:
Duration: 22"00'

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_07_queiros_128kb.mp3

Going to bet eager for more good news!
Good luck on your recordings, too! :9:

Hugs,

Adriana
brianna

Post by brianna »

Sonia,hi!

my third section:17

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_17_queiros_128kb.mp3

hoping everything is OK!

Brianna
Men work together,whether they work together or apart. (R.Frost)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianna wrote: February 15th, 2018, 4:39 am my third section:17
thank you, will try to PL today still. How long is the recording ?

Sonia
brianna

Post by brianna »

brianna wrote: February 15th, 2018, 4:39 am Sonia,hi!

my third section:17

hoping everything is OK!

Brianna
Sorry! 12.00!!!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 14th, 2018, 5:46 pm I don't know if you will still be there to listen to my good news: I just finished my last section! :clap:
Duration: 22"00'
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_07_queiros_128kb.mp3
Nice reading again, Adriana :) This Duke Leicester is a nasty piece of work :evil: And the Irish really had a hard time under the English rule back then.

I have quite a few notes this time....

> at 5:17: Mas a Inglaterra realmente não se parece com a Russia - you say "Irlanda"

> at 8:54-8:56: pause a bit long

> at 8:56: Se os irlandezes se não entendem bem sobre os males da Irlanda- you say "ingleses"

> at 21:48: you forgot to record the entire rest of the text, beginning with "Justamente essa pergunta a fazia Victor Hugo ha dias a Parnell". there are still 8 paragraphs more. :shock: what happened ?!

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianna wrote: February 15th, 2018, 4:39 am my third section:17
ok it was a short section, so I listened to it as well. This mini-Arthur and the round table must have been CHAOTIC :lol: I grinned the whole time and I thought that I am happy I was NOT there that day.

What did you do ?!!!! The 5 seconds are THERE !!! :clap: Did it work immediately or did you have to reupload a second time ?

I only found two small errors still:

> at 0:31: Seção 17 can be cut out here, only the title is enough

> at 2:16: apparece em todas as balladas do rei Arthur - you say "batalhas"

> you could also do one more round of noise cleaning, to get the background rustling a bit less prominent

the rest is fine:) thank you

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Kitty wrote: February 15th, 2018, 5:21 am Nice reading again, Adriana
Thank you, Sonia! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Kitty wrote: February 15th, 2018, 5:21 am This Duke Leicester is a nasty piece of work And the Irish really had a hard time under the English rule back then.
Yep! A little Devil, definetely!
Kitty wrote: February 15th, 2018, 5:21 am what happened ?!
Sonia, I'm so sorry... :shock: I don't really know what happened... :( Maybe I accidently cut the whole part during the edition. :cry: :cry:
I can't check it now, but I'll do it at night time.
Thank you for your assistance, and forgive my big mistake... :oops:

Hugs,

Adriana
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hi again, Sonia!

Is there something to be redone in the section 2?

Ácerca de livros sacciotto 26:50 / PL notes p. 3 Listen See PL note

I can't find notes, sorry.

Hugs,

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 15th, 2018, 7:05 am Is there something to be redone in the section 2?
Ácerca de livros sacciotto 26:50 / PL notes p. 3 Listen See PL note
I can't find notes, sorry.
here they are: viewtopic.php?p=1439060#p1439060

Sonia
brianna

Post by brianna »

Sonia,hello!

The corrected file. Yes, I had to reuploaded it to keep the 5 seconds!
Anyway, I'm learning the secret!
I did not enjoy this section very much.What a waste of time and Money!!! Maybe this was exactly Eça's point of view!!!

By the way,what do you do when you want to turn off your computer and close the file? When I click on Save the file, I get :
Save Project is for an Audacity Project not an audio file. For an audio file that will open in other apps use Export.

Ok, I export the file but the program does not close! :hmm:

thank you,
Brianna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianna wrote: February 15th, 2018, 9:01 am Yes, I had to reuploaded it to keep the 5 seconds!
Anyway, I'm learning the secret!
aww, I was hoping the problem was solved. :(

Well it is PL ok now :) Although I think you forgot the noise-cleaning. I did it once more on my computer, and it sounds clearer now. Have you ever tried to find the source of the background noise ? :hmm: I would say instead of once, you need to run the noise-cleaning twice over your finished file, because it is very pronounced.
By the way,what do you do when you want to turn off your computer and close the file? When I click on Save the file, I get :
Save Project is for an Audacity Project not an audio file. For an audio file that will open in other apps use Export.
Ok, I export the file but the program does not close! :hmm:
hmmm, I do not really understand your question. I never get this warning in my Audacity. When I record a fresh file, I then do "Save file as..." and then I have an Audacity file, with extension .aup . Then when I edit and noise-clean and amplify, I save it again as Audacity file. And when all is finished, I then "export file as...." as an mp3 file.

But I don't know why the program wouldn't close. Is this a recent problem ? Or have you never closed your computer so far ?

Always save your files as Audacity files, so nothing will get lost. I usually only delete the files, when the project is finished and uploaded. We once had a server crash and lots of files were lost, so those who did not keep their files on their computers, needed to re-record. That was a lot of work.

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hello, Dear Sonia, so many to say that I won't even quote your words to save space in our "magic window" here. :lol:
Sooooooorry!... First of all, sorry for my mistakes again.

I couldn't believe what I did! I corrected the section 2, but uploaded the wrong one :evil: I got mad at myself because you listened to all my wrong recording again. I did not mean to waste your time. I'm so sorry for that. Forgive me!

Here's the right one!
DURATION: 26"47

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_02_queiros_128kb.mp3

Now it's time for me to check the section 7, and I will work hard to have it done as soon as possible. Don't worry about rushing to PL it. I do understand you are full of commitments. :9:

A big hug,

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 15th, 2018, 2:09 pm I couldn't believe what I did! I corrected the section 2, but uploaded the wrong one :evil: I got mad at myself because you listened to all my wrong recording again. I did not mean to waste your time. I'm so sorry for that. Forgive me!
no worries, as it was only a Spot PL, it did not take that much time. This version is the correct one and PL ok now. Thank you. :)

Just careful with your end silences...they are 6 seconds already, while 5 is enough. No need to change this here, but careful not to make them even longer. (you are just the opposite of Brianna with the end silences here :lol: )

Sonia