[COMPLETE] DR - The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus, Baum - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I have no confidence that this is it, but I figured I would take a shot in the dark and let you lead me from here into the light or into banishment! :lol::

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lifeandadventuresofsantaclaus_voice9_baum_128kb.mp3 1.46 KB

1:33

Jim
linny

Post by linny »

:lol: Philip will take a listen but I’m certain we can get you to the light. No banishment allowed here. :wink:
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

DrPGould wrote: June 13th, 2018, 5:17 pm Realistic Speakers:

There are only a couple of corrections....your file checked in at 86.4 dB...on the whole, but there are a few lines that are barely hearable and need amplification.

Your voice credits for King of the Wind and Kilter the Pixie do not say "read by Realistic Speakers."

That said, the lines were word perfect without omission of a single syllable. Welcome to the world of DR. Nicely done.

Many thanks,

Philip
credit where credit is due
amplification where amplification needed

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lifeandadventuresofsantaclaus_[11]_baum_128kb.mp3
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
realisticspeakers

Can I do Section 15 too?
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Jim:

Not banishment...just burnishment :)

There needs to be 3 seconds of silence at 0:24 to separate the lines so that Linny can have room to edit.

Your voice credits for each part ( I think there were 3) should be in the following form:

[Role], read by [your name]

If you wish, just tack those on to the end of the file you have (separated by 3 seconds before and after).

Nicely done!

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Realistic Speakers--Section 11 is PL OK.

With respect to Section 15.....I cannot assign it to you and Linny seems to be away from the board just now, but I will put a note to hold it for you until she returns. (I don't think she'll mind if you go ahead, but, in fact, I have no knowledge.)

Many thanks,

Philip
linny

Post by linny »

Sorry. It was my nightly call from my husband in Qatar. Now I’m off to bed. Have fun all.

Taking an extra section? Absolutely and thank you! :thumbs:

And then there was one section left. Woohoo!
realisticspeakers

Great!
Sorry it took so long.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lifeandadventuresofsantaclaus_[15]_baum_128kb.mp3

[2:30]

I really must express my chagrin over having to read my username out loud for the first time since creating it 10 years ago.
Disclaimer:
linny

Post by linny »

You could also use “a librivox volunteer”. Or if you’d rather I just won’t include your voice credits. Readers choice. :wink:
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Realistic Speakers:

Section 15 is PL-OK! Nicely done!

You could also do something like "Baron Braun read by Baron Braun"

Many thanks,

Philip
benderca

Post by benderca »

linny wrote: June 13th, 2018, 9:13 am I gave voice 10 a try.
Oooooh, Weekum is sooooo adorable! I just want to hug her!
DrPGould wrote: June 13th, 2018, 1:05 pm Here is Voice 7 (I just learned how to generate tones!)
Philip
Ha! Fantastic! Philip, how were you able to get the Black Rhyl, the Ancient Knook, and even the King of the Knooks to participate in our project? When I asked Shiegra to read her own part, she just roared in my face!

I just wanted to offer - I haven't done any of my deep voices in this project yet, so if you want I could pick up the final Voice 6. It seems that there is no overlap with my sections and I could whip that off today.
linny

Post by linny »

Hi TJ,
It's great to hear from you. Voice 6 is all yours. Please add a voice credit for brook. I might have it someplace but I can't find it. :oops:

Thanks for all of your help!
linny

Post by linny »

Philip,
Section 1 is ready for PL...sort of. The voice credits aren't all finished. You can PL the story part now and treat the intro and voice credits as a spot check or you can hold off on the PL until all parts are in. Your choice.
benderca

Post by benderca »

linny wrote: June 14th, 2018, 2:38 am Hi TJ,
It's great to hear from you. Voice 6 is all yours. Please add a voice credit for brook. I might have it someplace but I can't find it. :oops:

Thanks for all of your help!
The brook is currently in the "Flossie" recording, where I say "Flossie and the Book, read by TJ Burns" - I did that back when I was naive enough to think I could stop after just 2 voices... :lol: :lol: :lol:

After that I did each voice credit separately. I can add a separate voice credit for each of those first two (already recorded) if you like.
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you. I have it now and the rest separate is fine. I'm not picky with voice credits. you guys tricked me. Jasmin put hers up in section two with Daffodils but yours was down in section 4 with Flossie. I'm caught up now. :)