[Complete][Port.] Contos de Eça de Queiros - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I will move our project into the "Other language forum" now :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianna wrote: February 6th, 2018, 2:34 pm One thing I noticed is that, after I add my file to upload the bar that turned green in the process, disappeared. nothing happens and suddenly the file appears uploaded! My PC is going crazy!!! :hmm:
the file has uploaded correctly, Brianna, no problems. I only removed that one annoying click ;) and quickly reuploaded. All the rest is now PL ok, nicely corrected. :thumbs: and the 5 seconds are there at the end :lol:

Thank you so much.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Ok Adriana, I listened to your very long text. My compliments, your reading is absolutely beautiful and very expressive :9: I did not understand it all but I got the most of it. And I find the ending very endearing. :D
But the final result is fine, I guess, and I do believe I can contribute to the audiobook website.
oh yes, I definitely agree. The result is more than fine, the volume is right in the middle, the noise is not too noticeable and there were almost no errors. If you do not lose the interest, we are definitely happy to get many more recording from you. :9:

It's great that we have a few readers now to contribute more for the Portuguese listeners. And maybe we attract more readers that way too.
There's a sentence to be corrected, though, and I will be in trouble to do it by tomorrow. :cry:
don't worry, it will not be that difficult. And you are not alone, as soon as you have a problem, you can ask before you proceed. You will see, after one or two more recordings, you will be much better at editing.

So here are my PL notes for your text:

> at 0:28: "Parte 29” after the title can be cut out. This “part” is only for those stories that had Part 1, 2 and 3 (see for example Brianna’s story). But yours is only in one part.

> at 5:01: “e agarram entre os dedos” – I hear “amaram” but maybe I am mistaken. :hmm: If if it a real change of meaning, then it needs to be corrected, but if you find the sentence is ok like this, then you can leave it as it is

> at 8:52: missing sentence: “Mas Jesus, nessa madrugada, seguindo por um povo que cantava e sacudia ramos de mimosa, embarcara no Lago, num batel de pesca, e à vela navegara para Magdala.”

Only 3 errors for a text over 20 minutes is really super :thumbs:

Thank you for your contribution :)

Sonia
brianna

Post by brianna »

Sonia and Kitty,hi!
here is the next part. I swear I left the 5 secods at the end!!! :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contos_27_queiros_128kb.mp3 at 14.58

Brianna
Men work together,whether they work together or apart. (R.Frost)
brianna

Post by brianna »

...and here is section 28

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contos_28_queiros_128kb.mp3 at 13.41

with the 5 seconds at the end too!

Ulisses leaves the Paradise because he misses the pain, the struggles, the misery,... very interesting!

Brianna
brianna

Post by brianna »

Kitty wrote: February 7th, 2018, 1:00 am I will move our project into the "Other language forum" now :)

Sonia
Hey girls....we are in!!!! :clap:
Mayah92

Post by Mayah92 »

Hi Kitty, :)

I will claim section 24 Primo Matias, and I hope we could do more works together!

Bye,

Mayah
Let's give Peace a chance. :wink:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Mayah92 wrote: February 7th, 2018, 2:10 pm I will claim section 24 Primo Matias, and I hope we could do more works together!
hurray ! Mayah is in :9: thank you so much for taking the LAST section. I'm afraid this is the longest section, so you will have your work cut out for you. But of the three readers I also think you are the most experienced so far, so I think this will work fine.

That means we are fully claimed.

Brianna, I will PL your sections tomorrow, I am only shortly in now before I go to bed. Thank you !

And the next project will be launched soon, promised ! I think, if you are all ok with it, I will choose the Cartas of England next. Shorter sections and very interesting. :D

Looking forward to your final section, Mayah !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Adriana, since you sent me your corrected recording via PM, I will post it here:
sacciotto wrote:Here's the link to my new recording all done:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contos_29_queiros_128kb.mp3
my compliments, this missing sentence is absolutely well recorded and the sound is fitting in totally great :thumbs: You should have listened to my first corrections, I never managed to get the sound right. :lol: You really seem to have no problems there. Perfect.

> However, now the overall sound is over our accepted limit. We accept between 86 minimum and 92 dB maximum. Yours is 94.4 dB. Could you please decrease the volume by 4 or 5 dB ? Decreasing works the same way than amplifying, only don't forget to put a MINUS sign in front of your number.

you also didn't correct the other two PL notes I gave you in my last post:

> at 0:28: "Parte 29” after the title can be cut out. This “part” is only for those stories that had Part 1, 2 and 3 (see for example Brianna’s story). But yours is only in one part.

> at 5:01: “e agarram entre os dedos” – I hear “amaram” but maybe I am mistaken. :hmm: If if it a real change of meaning, then it needs to be corrected, but if you find the sentence is ok like this, then you can leave it as it is. So this is optional, just have a listen and tell me if the sentence still is correct with this different verb.

Thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

now Brianna, to your two sections:
Ulisses leaves the Paradise because he misses the pain, the struggles, the misery,... very interesting!
I understood practically everything in this section :9: nicely read, Brianna ! Especially all the dialogues. I somehow do understand Ulisses, I think I would be bored with eternal perfection as well. :lol:
Sonia and Kitty,hi!
ehm, we are the same person ;)
I swear I left the 5 secods at the end!!! :D
:lol: I believe you, but :(

> sorry, the 5 seconds are still missing at the end in BOTH files.
The file you uploaded has 14:58 minutes and that is what you noted down as well, so the cutting is not happening during the upload.
Then it must be happening when Audacity converts it to mp3. :hmm:
Do you use Audacity ? If so, I think it would be helpful if you could post your problem in this help thread. Maybe someone there knows about your problem and there is an easy way to fix it. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40238

> both files also have quite an abrupt start, you could again insert 0.5-1 second of silence at the beginning.
Maybe the cutting off in the beginning has the same error source as the cutting off at the end. You could mention this in the help thread as well.

> also: there is a lot of background noise, could you maybe run one round of noise-cleaning, please

apart from that, there is only one minor PL note for Section 27:

> at 6:45: stumble and repeat: “como o lume se nutre dos ventos contrários!”

Section 28 has no textual corrections to be made. :thumbs: Just the 3 technical points I mentioned above !

Thank you so much for your quick delivery. Now only one section left for Mayah and then this project can finally be archived. That went so fast now with you three readers. Excellent, ladies :thumbs:

Sonia
brianna

Post by brianna »

Sonia, hello!

here they are again, corrected, longer and cleaner.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contos_27_queiros_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contos_28_queiros_128kb.mp3

thank you for everything.

Let's continue with other books....

Brianna5seconds
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianna wrote: February 8th, 2018, 6:33 am here they are again, corrected, longer and cleaner.
Brianna5seconds
:lol: do you have a new forum name now ? ;)

thank you, the files are both PL ok. :thumbs: and I see you posted in the help forum. I sincerely hope somebody will find the problem and we can solve it.

Stay tuned for the next project. I let you know when it happens. Probably next week.

Sonia
brianna

Post by brianna »

Kitty wrote: February 8th, 2018, 7:13 am
brianna wrote: February 8th, 2018, 6:33 am here they are again, corrected, longer and cleaner.
Brianna5seconds
:lol: do you have a new forum name now ? ;)

thank you, the files are both PL ok. :thumbs: and I see you posted in the help forum. I sincerely hope somebody will find the problem and we can solve it.

Stay tuned for the next project. I let you know when it happens. Probably next week.

Sonia
Looking forward to it,
B5sec
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I'll move this project to fully claimed for the time being.

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hi Sony, hi everyone!
Kitty wrote: February 7th, 2018, 2:57 am Ok Adriana, I listened to your very long text. My compliments, your reading is absolutely beautiful and very expressive I did not understand it all but I got the most of it. And I find the ending very endearing.
As a newbie, I feel very excited and thankful for all the compliments. :9: I take every little job pretty seriously, with a high level of affection!
Kitty wrote: February 7th, 2018, 2:57 am If you do not lose the interest, we are definitely happy to get many more recording from you.
I do not believe I will lose my interest in the recordings at all. On the contrary, I feel like doing more and more! :clap: :D Thank you for the opportunity of being part of this great team!

Regarding the reading, I have corrected the marked notes, and yes, you were right, Sonia! It was much easier to proceed the editing now.

I understand that you said I need to post the link "in the open", but I don't know exactly where "the open" is. :oops: :(
It is posted right below. And please, if I made the same mistake, help me with this detail. I am sorry...

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contos_29_queiros_128.mp3