COMPLETE: A Far Country by Winston Churchill - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

queenk8 wrote: April 29th, 2018, 9:13 pm Section 27 is ready for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/farcountry_27_churchill_128kb.mp3
44:48
I accidentally uploaded the raw file and then caught it before updating the MW. This should be the correct file, and the unedited file can be ignored if you happen upon it.
Kate Follis
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Sections 26 & 27 are PL OK!
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Section 28 is ready for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/farcountry_28_churchill_128kb.mp3
43:54

Note: There is a small section that is misplaced in the Gutenberg version. It starts with "Both Tallant and I..." and ends with "Print things like his proposal to make you mayor!" It's correct in the archive.org version, but somehow in the Gutenberg version it got stuck in the wrong place. I was alerted to it when I realized that they talked about taking advice that apparently hadn't been given yet.
Last edited by queenk8 on May 6th, 2018, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kate Follis
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

MrsHand wrote: May 1st, 2018, 7:53 am Sections 26 & 27 are PL OK!
Thank you! One rather dry chapter ready for PL, 2 (relatively) short chapters to edit, and one long chapter to read! I expect to finish up this weekend. This was a long book!
Kate Follis
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Section 31 is ready for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/farcountry_31_churchill_128kb.mp3
51:20

Yay! This is the final chapter! It was an incredibly long book, but at last it is complete (pending PL, of course). :9:
Kate Follis
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Sections 28-31 are PL OK!

We are complete!
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

MrsHand wrote: May 7th, 2018, 10:29 am Sections 28-31 are PL OK!

We are complete!
:clap: Thank you! I think I will choose something a little lighter for my next solo :wink:
Kate Follis
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations, Kate on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/a-far-country-by-winston-churchill/
Jo
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: May 7th, 2018, 2:45 pm Congratulations, Kate on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/a-far-country-by-winston-churchill/
Everything looks great. Thank you Jo and Kristin for helping to get this published.
Kate Follis