COMPLETE (Spanish) El crimen del padre Amaro Eça de Queiros - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

:thumbs:
Last edited by phileasfogg on May 4th, 2018, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One book to rule them all and in the Public Domain bind them
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Okay, since I was the one just talking to Sonia, let me reply to you.

As far as I understand, the problem is not whether you sing the songs or not. The problem is the language in which you do it. The translator has rendered the songs in Spanish too - you chose to sing the Portuguese originals. Correct?

Well, that means you are changing the text, you are making your own annotations, so to speak. And this changing of text is not allowed on LV. I like to explain to people that we are not scholars who comment on the texts we read. We simply are an (audio) library, and as any good library, we frown on margin notes. :wink: We preserve those old texts as they were written, warts and all.

You are right that the text is PD, so there are no legal issues with what you're doing. But you are violating our LV policy in combining the two texts. There is no problem to do so, but we don't allow things like this in our catalog. You may upload to archive yourself, again, legally that's not a problem at all.

A somewhat more personal question though: If you can read the Portuguese (obviously well enough to sing the songs), and if you think the translation is bad, why not simply read the original and avoid all these problems? Doesn't make sense to me.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Well my friend, portuguese and spanish are similar but they are not the same language and I'm not so fluent in portuguese to read a whole book in that language, but i'm able to sing 2 or 3 lyrics in that language. Unfortunately this text have some chapters which have some short lyrics. I appreciate your comments and seems to be a strict rule in Librivox. Ok, i will change it. I'm not the owner of this project, just a volunteer. But I'm not either an scholar as you suggest. I'm a responsible adult which have recorded disinterestedly many books for your catalogue. I dont need a reward for that.... But neither a reconvention or a hard arguing Just a brief explanation as yours and that's fine for me. Thank a lot
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote: May 3rd, 2018, 7:23 amNow if it's just your opinion because you are so attached to the text; maybe you will have to avoid your predjudices, because i'm not willing to change the songs so easily with just your opinion.
I am sorry you think that I am prejudiced, because I am not, quite the contrary. This is not at all what I wanted to tell you. :(

Well, I do not wish to infringe any more on your text in this case. But I also don't want to PL approve something that is not written there. So I cannot help you with this project anymore. I am sorry, because I know you are a great reader and you are doing a good job. But I also want to do my job well, and I hope you also can accept that and not be mad at me for this.

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Ok, Let start over again.. I had... some... troubles with this project. But well, I prefer to forget about it and i will advertise again to get a new dpl because Sonia decided not to continue . I correct all the mistakes she marked and recorded again the songs with the translation's lyrics. Anyway i marked all as ready for PL so probably if anybody offers as DPL would have a new fresh start.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

I can serve as DPL....so long as you're okay with me being behind (like the last project we worked on together) LOL
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Hello Kristin!! Thanks ! yes of course i really dont mind the time you need to do it. In fact this week I will upload the rest of the book as I've finished the recordings but I´m still editing some chapters. So if you dont mind to help me I will really apreciate it. You can take all the rest of the year or the decade! There are a lot of loooong chapters so feel confident to point me any mistake that I´m sure have done. Welcome aboard and thanks again!!!!
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Welcome! I'll put you in the MW :)
Kathrine
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Sections 1 & 2 are PL OK!
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Hello Kathrine can you "unstick" (I think that is the word but I´m not so sure) the advertisment of this thread in Listener needed? Thanks!! :thumbs:
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Section 3 has some sort of static noise at approximately 20:22. It's entirely possible that it's meant to go with the reading, and if so, that's fine and I will mark it PL OK.
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Hello Kristin, that sound in fact is the preist blowing his nose, because the text says that he is pronouncing some speech and meantime he blows his nose. If you dont mind I prefer to keep it that way, but if you dont think so I`ll remove it. thanks!! that was a looong chapter! I think it is the longest, but there are some others challenging chapters ahead! Thnaks again
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

phileasfogg wrote: May 31st, 2018, 5:09 am Hello Kristin, that sound in fact is the preist blowing his nose, because the text says that he is pronouncing some speech and meantime he blows his nose. If you dont mind I prefer to keep it that way, but if you dont think so I`ll remove it. thanks!! that was a looong chapter! I think it is the longest, but there are some others challenging chapters ahead! Thnaks again
That works for me. I didn't put the two together. PL OK for Chapter 3!
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Chapter 4 is PL OK!
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Chapters 5 & 6 are PL OK!