COMPLETE: Life and Lillian Gish by Albert Bigelow Paine - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
johnb2
Posts: 608
Joined: September 10th, 2011, 9:41 am
Location: Ohio

Post by johnb2 » April 19th, 2018, 1:48 pm

Hi Tomas

I will do 46 Reinhardt.

john

WiltedScribe
Posts: 1661
Joined: April 7th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Post by WiltedScribe » April 19th, 2018, 2:10 pm

Thank you again, John. :9:
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess: A Demon | Amends for Ladies | Adelgitha | Dave Brings Home a Wife | Psyche | Trelawny of the Wells | An Ideal Husband

johnb2
Posts: 608
Joined: September 10th, 2011, 9:41 am
Location: Ohio

Post by johnb2 » April 20th, 2018, 12:26 pm

Hi Tomas

section 46 Reinhardt - has a footnote blurb in french at the end, which refers back to its english translation in the text. SInce I don't read french, shall I ignore it or have it read in french and tag it to the end of the chapter.


3. “Je serais d’autant plus heureux d’entreprendre le scénario dont vous m’avez parlé, qu’il s’agit de Lillian Gish, qui est la grande vedette du cinéma que j’admire entre toutes, car aucune autre n’a autant de talent, n’est aussi naturelle, aussi sympathique, aussi émouvante.”

john

WiltedScribe
Posts: 1661
Joined: April 7th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Post by WiltedScribe » April 20th, 2018, 12:35 pm

johnb2 wrote:
April 20th, 2018, 12:26 pm
Hi Tomas

section 46 Reinhardt - has a footnote blurb in french at the end, which refers back to its english translation in the text. SInce I don't read french, shall I ignore it or have it read in french and tag it to the end of the chapter.


3. “Je serais d’autant plus heureux d’entreprendre le scénario dont vous m’avez parlé, qu’il s’agit de Lillian Gish, qui est la grande vedette du cinéma que j’admire entre toutes, car aucune autre n’a autant de talent, n’est aussi naturelle, aussi sympathique, aussi émouvante.”

john
You can ignore it, John. If the translation is already provided, there's no need to record the French original (especially since most French-speakers probably won't listen to this audiobook, anyway).

Thanks for double-checking, though. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess: A Demon | Amends for Ladies | Adelgitha | Dave Brings Home a Wife | Psyche | Trelawny of the Wells | An Ideal Husband

Caro23
Posts: 79
Joined: January 5th, 2018, 8:46 am

Post by Caro23 » April 21st, 2018, 4:07 pm

Part 3, Chapter 13, section 49, One Romantic Night

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/lifeandlilliangish_49_paine_128kb.mp3

Record time 10:32

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11910
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 22nd, 2018, 8:41 am

Caro23 wrote:
April 21st, 2018, 4:07 pm
Part 3, Chapter 13, section 49, One Romantic Night
great reading again, thank you so much, Caroline. :9: Interesting to hear how the silent film actors were not really in favour of the new talkies.

I found one part of a sentence missing:

> at 3:08: missing lines (those I underlined) you must have skipped a bit because of the similar start of the sentence: "if I could get it for a reasonable sum—I could have it to take the place of the Reinhardt picture. I came East in April (1929), to see Mr. Madden, O’Neill’s agent. I could have it for $75,000."

The rest was perfect !

Sonia

Caro23
Posts: 79
Joined: January 5th, 2018, 8:46 am

Post by Caro23 » April 22nd, 2018, 12:45 pm


Caro23
Posts: 79
Joined: January 5th, 2018, 8:46 am

Post by Caro23 » April 22nd, 2018, 2:46 pm

Kitty wrote:
April 22nd, 2018, 8:41 am
Caro23 wrote:
April 21st, 2018, 4:07 pm
Part 3, Chapter 13, section 49, One Romantic Night
great reading again, thank you so much, Caroline. :9: Interesting to hear how the silent film actors were not really in favour of the new talkies.

I found one part of a sentence missing:

> at 3:08: missing lines (those I underlined) you must have skipped a bit because of the similar start of the sentence: "if I could get it for a reasonable sum—I could have it to take the place of the Reinhardt picture. I came East in April (1929), to see Mr. Madden, O’Neill’s agent. I could have it for $75,000."

The rest was perfect !

Sonia
Thank you Sonia! It's fixed:


https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/lifeandlilliangish_49_paine_128kb.mp3

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11910
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 23rd, 2018, 1:02 am

Caro23 wrote:
April 22nd, 2018, 2:46 pm
Thank you Sonia! It's fixed:
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/lifeandlilliangish_49_paine_128kb.mp3
thank you, Caroline. Excellently patched in. :thumbs: This section and also the new 37 are both PL ok now.

Sonia

Caro23
Posts: 79
Joined: January 5th, 2018, 8:46 am

Post by Caro23 » April 23rd, 2018, 5:08 am

I can take:

41 'La Bohême'
42 'The Scarlet Letter'

(I'm new to this, and loving it! It's both harder and more fun than I expected! :D )

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11910
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 23rd, 2018, 5:10 am

Caro23 wrote:
April 23rd, 2018, 5:08 am
(I'm new to this, and loving it! It's both harder and more fun than I expected! :D )
I know exactly how you're feeling. I was hooked from the start as well. It's such a challenge to make a recording sound good but in the end, when one is happy with the outcome, it's so worth it. :)

Looking forward to your next sections :9: (since Tomas is not online yet, I'll update the MW for the time being.

And hey, this makes us fully claimed :D

Sonia

WiltedScribe
Posts: 1661
Joined: April 7th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Post by WiltedScribe » April 23rd, 2018, 2:38 pm

Woohoo! :D Thank you, Caroline, for claiming the final sections. They're in good hands. :9:

David, that means we're full (for now), and you can move this to Readers Found, if you'd like. :mrgreen:
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess: A Demon | Amends for Ladies | Adelgitha | Dave Brings Home a Wife | Psyche | Trelawny of the Wells | An Ideal Husband

JudeSomers
Posts: 266
Joined: July 9th, 2013, 9:06 pm
Location: Oak Bay, Vancouver Island

Post by JudeSomers » April 23rd, 2018, 7:53 pm

I've just uploaded Section 6 (length 22:13)

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/lifeandlilliangish_06_paine_128kb.mp3

cheers
Jude Somers
......................................................................................
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
......................................................................Aesop.......

johnb2
Posts: 608
Joined: September 10th, 2011, 9:41 am
Location: Ohio

Post by johnb2 » April 23rd, 2018, 7:59 pm

Hi Sonia and Tomas

part 3/chapter 10 @ 15:29

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/lifeandlilliangish_46_paine_128kb.mp3

by until the next time.

john

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11910
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 24th, 2018, 5:01 am

JudeSomers wrote:
April 23rd, 2018, 7:53 pm
I've just uploaded Section 6 (length 22:13)
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/lifeandlilliangish_06_paine_128kb.mp3
excellent reading, Jude, thank you so much. Life on the road was quite hard for a little girl back then. :? I loved your narration, it was interesting to listen to. And the entire text was flawless, unfortunately you have a small error in the end disclaimer:

> at 22:04: the ending should be: “End of Part 1, Chapter 5” (no need to mention “section 6”)

apart from that, all was well.

Thanks

Sonia

Post Reply