we have orphans!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

We are going back to readers wanted!
Carolin
ellies

Post by ellies »

Hi I can do chapters 9, 10, 11 and 12 for you. I am fairly new but have just completed one reading (needs okaying.

let me know
thanks
ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

cool, thank you ellies!

i have signed you up :D the chapters are fairly short, and i hope they wont give you any trouble. if you have any questions, just post in this thread!
Carolin
ellies

Post by ellies »

Thanks, will be making a start on them shortly. Just been PL okayed with another book!
best wishes
ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
ellies

Post by ellies »

Hi Carolin! here is chapter 9.
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/theblueaunt_9_white.mp3

thanks
ellies
ellies

Post by ellies »

sorry it is 18:04
ellies
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
ellies

Post by ellies »

Here is Chapter 10 also.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/theblueaunt_10_white.mp3 10:45

Thanks
ellies
ellies

Post by ellies »

sorry, typo. it is 15:45 long
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Nice job on chapters 9 and 10! I enjoyed hearing your rendition.

Chapter 9 is PL ok right away! There were a few stray bumps and noises here and there, like the sound of a page turning or maybe a slight bump to the desk or microphone or something, but I didn't feel that they were too loud or distracting, and they didn't detract from the story being understandable, so I don't think it's necessary to remove them. I mention it, however, just as a word of caution to you. It's best to keep these noises out of your recording in the first place, if possible. Sometimes if I accidentally make a noise like that, or if I hear a loud noise outside, I'll back up and speak that part over again, and then I can cut out the first take in editing.

I do have a few notes for you on chapter 10 that will need to be addressed. There were a few places where it sounded like the recording cut out, removing parts of your words, or even whole phrases. I'm not sure what would cause that, but you should be able to just re-record these few bits, and then cut and paste them in where they go.
  • Missing phrase at about 3:50 "...talked and talked as if she were a machine wound up for the purpose; only a machine..." The bolded part is missing.
  • Recording seems to have cut out a couple of time at around 6:56-7:03 "They found the chicken man w---pecting to kill off all his chickens on account of the ----st of grain" This should be "was expecting" and "on account of the high cost of grain."
  • 11:17 I heard, "We'll never talk on the railroad track again." This should be "We'll never walk on the railroad track again."
  • Cut out again around 12:30 "but there was a solider in khaki on guard, --e told them no one was allowed..." Should be "on guard, and he told them..."
  • Cut out at about 14:10 "They all had supper together at the West's house, on account of -----thday..." Should be "on account of the birthday..."
Since you've already submitted and had a PL ok on a few chapters, I'll assume you're becoming familiar with how to correct these kinds of things, but if you find yourself having trouble, just ask! :)
ellies

Post by ellies »

hello there and thank you so much for reviewing!
Yes, I am just getting used to audacity and I must have over-done the editing (delete/copy and paste) bits on the areas you mention. I am sorry, I thought I had listened thoroughly to double check for mistakes.
Not a problem, I will get those mistakes corrected today and re-post. I can then complete the other 2 chapters! yay!
I love the book, not got round to reading it all yet.

regards
ellies
ellies

Post by ellies »

chapter 10 corrected for you, hope this is okay now!

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/theblueaunt_10_white.mp3 15:51

thanks.
ellies
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both :thumbs:
Carolin
ellies

Post by ellies »

A pleasure, thanks.
Here is chapter 11.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/theblueaunt_11_white.mp3 11:59

best wishes

ellies