COMPLETE: The Adventures of Mabel by Harry Thurston Peck - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

adr6090 wrote: March 15th, 2018, 7:52 am
mightyfelix wrote: March 14th, 2018, 10:51 pm I'm so sorry, both to Jo and to April! That was my fault. I checked the spot PL and marked it PL ok, and I thought that I had posted on the thread that all was ready for cataloguing, but I clearly neglected that very important step! :oops:

So yes, everything is ready! Sorry for the delay!
Devorah,
So according to you and the mw, is this project honestly pl okay? Now we just wait for someone to opt to do the cover, once it is cataloged?
Yes, that's right. I'm my experience, cover images usually show up fairly quickly once the project is catalogued. Sometimes, cover makers will even do a cover for a book that is almost finished, before it is catalogued.

Sorry again for my oversight.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

mightyfelix wrote: March 15th, 2018, 8:17 am
adr6090 wrote: March 15th, 2018, 7:52 am
mightyfelix wrote: March 14th, 2018, 10:51 pm I'm so sorry, both to Jo and to April! That was my fault. I checked the spot PL and marked it PL ok, and I thought that I had posted on the thread that all was ready for cataloguing, but I clearly neglected that very important step! :oops:

So yes, everything is ready! Sorry for the delay!
Devorah,
So according to you and the mw, is this project honestly pl okay? Now we just wait for someone to opt to do the cover, once it is cataloged?
Yes, that's right. I'm my experience, cover images usually show up fairly quickly once the project is catalogued. Sometimes, cover makers will even do a cover for a book that is almost finished, before it is catalogued.

Sorry again for my oversight.
Your apology is not necessary. No harm, no foul :D
How can will I know when someone has done the cover?
April
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Just check back on the catalogue page, once Jo has finished adding it. If you see a big LV logo where the cover should be, there isn't one yet. Most of my projects have had their cover added within (total estimate on my part, here) maybe 4-7 days after cataloguing.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

mightyfelix wrote: March 15th, 2018, 11:19 am Just check back on the catalogue page, once Jo has finished adding it. If you see a big LV logo where the cover should be, there isn't one yet. Most of my projects have had their cover added within (total estimate on my part, here) maybe 4-7 days after cataloguing.
Will do, thanks!
April
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Thanks for the clarification, Devorah.

April, after the project is complete and in the catalog, it will be available for the cover makers to claim the cover. I will start the catalog process tonight and most likely finish up tomorrow night. You will know it's done when I post here and move the thread to Completed Projects. :)
Jo
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

:thumbs:
knotyouraveragejo wrote: March 15th, 2018, 7:27 pm Thanks for the clarification, Devorah.

April, after the project is complete and in the catalog, it will be available for the cover makers to claim the cover. I will start the catalog process tonight and most likely finish up tomorrow night. You will know it's done when I post here and move the thread to Completed Projects. :)
April
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Congratulations, April on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox. This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed.

https://librivox.org/the-adventures-of-mabel-by-lyndon-orr/
Jo
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: March 16th, 2018, 5:01 pm Congratulations, April on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox. This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed.

https://librivox.org/the-adventures-of-mabel-by-lyndon-orr/
I did look and I did find an addition I would like to make or have you make for me. It is a mere addition of an "s" in the description.
"This is a phantasy story about a little girl, 5-year old"

It should read 5-years old.

It does feel great to see that the completed project is now in the catalog for others to read. Thank you again!!
April
April
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

I've changed it. "5 year old" was how you submitted it, so I had left it that way. If it were me, I would also change Phantasy to Fantasy, but it's up to you.
phan·ta·sy
ˈfan(t)əsē/
noun
variant spelling of fantasy (restricted to archaic uses or, in modern use, to the fields of psychology and psychiatry).
Jo
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: March 18th, 2018, 11:03 am I've changed it. "5 year old" was how you submitted it, so I had left it that way. If it were me, I would also change Phantasy to Fantasy, but it's up to you.
phan·ta·sy
ˈfan(t)əsē/
noun
variant spelling of fantasy (restricted to archaic uses or, in modern use, to the fields of psychology and psychiatry).
Please do change Phantasy to Fantasy.
April
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Done! :)
Jo
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: March 18th, 2018, 4:08 pm Done! :)
April