[Complete] The Mary Frances Story Book - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

The Mary Frances Story Book by Jane Eayre Fryer (1876 - ?).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page:https://librivox.org/the-mary-frances-story-book-by-jane-eayre-fryer/
The Mary Frances Story Book is different from the other Mary Frances Books. They are part lessons and part story; they teach something about cooking and sewing, knitting and crocheting, housekeeping and gardening, and first-aid—and tell a story, too; but The Mary Frances Story Book is all story.
On a summer afternoon Mary Frances took a holiday and sailed away across the blue water to an island—an island formed by the top of a coral mountain resting in a sea of blue; oh, so blue—a brighter blue than the water in your mother’s bluing tub—not the blue that makes you feel sad and blue, but the blue that makes you laugh with happiness. The island itself and the roofs of the houses were coral white, and the green was the green of the palm and banana and mahogany tree. The breezes that blew over them were the warm, soft breezes of the southern sun. This island was the “enchanted island” of the good story-tellers which Mary Frances was allowed to visit. The story people who lived there believed in truth and beauty, and courage and kindness, and these were the theme of their stories. Like all good islands, this island had enemies, but they came to a bad end, as, in the long run, all evil persons will; and truth and beauty, and courage and kindness won the day, as they always must in every land where the searchlight of the sun flashes its beams.
As may be imagined, when Mary Frances came home she had not only one, but many stories to tell; and they are written in this book. ( From the Preface)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/56322
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    6. Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Jane Eayre Fryer) : n/a
    7. Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
    8. Number of sections (files) this project will have: 37
    9. Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
    10. Original publication date (if known):
    11. If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
    ============================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Short works

Keywords that describe the book: adventure

============================================
  • BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  • DURING recording:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    START of recording (Intro)
    • "Section [number] of The Mary Frances Story Book. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Mary Frances Story Book, by Jane Eayre Fryer. [Section title from Magic Window]"

END of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Section #]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Mary Frances Story Book, by Jane Eayre Fryer. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  • AFTER recording
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
    Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    maryfrancesstorybook_##_fryer_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. maryfrancesstorybook_01_fryer_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lt - Lynnet
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Can I please have chapter's 3 and 4?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

jenniferrd wrote: January 8th, 2018, 12:24 pm Can I please have chapter's 3 and 4?
All yours!
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Thanks! Can you tell me how to pronounce: Eayre (for her middle name)?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

jenniferrd wrote: January 9th, 2018, 8:35 pm Thanks! Can you tell me how to pronounce: Eayre (for her middle name)?
I'm not sure... in my section, I read it like Jane Eyre
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Oh good, that's what I did as well!

The Pirate’s Cat
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/maryfrancesstorybook_03_fryer_128kb.mp3
04:59

The Story of the Lost Story
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/maryfrancesstorybook_04_fryer_128kb.mp3
04:40

Can I go ahead and get Sections 1, 2, 5, 6, and 7 as well?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

jenniferrd wrote: January 10th, 2018, 5:48 am Oh good, that's what I did as well!

The Pirate’s Cat
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/maryfrancesstorybook_03_fryer_128kb.mp3
04:59

The Story of the Lost Story
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/maryfrancesstorybook_04_fryer_128kb.mp3
04:40

Can I go ahead and get Sections 1, 2, 5, 6, and 7 as well?
Thank you, and yes!
ysevechan

Post by ysevechan »

Can I have Chapter 10 (The Bubble Story)? :)
Eve~

“The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are” ― C.G.Jung ?
https://librivox.org/sections/readers/11811
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

ysevechan wrote: January 10th, 2018, 12:22 pm Can I have Chapter 10 (The Bubble Story)? :)
I'll assign it to you.
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

I would like to add on The Terrible Punishment of the Pirate and the Old Witch (Section 9) and THE RETURN HOME: Good-by, Mary Frances. Come Again! (Section 39), if you would.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

jenniferrd wrote: January 11th, 2018, 12:41 pm I would like to add on The Terrible Punishment of the Pirate and the Old Witch (Section 9) and THE RETURN HOME: Good-by, Mary Frances. Come Again! (Section 39), if you would.
Absolutely!
smithch

Post by smithch »

Hello! Could I do number 11!

Thanks
<3 Christina Smith
rensampang

Post by rensampang »

Hi,

Could I please take Section 12: Diamonds and Toads? Also, this would be my first recording, so could my pseudonym just be Ren Sampang?

Thanks,
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

Hi Lynne,

If you don't already have one, I would like to claim DPL. :D
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

smithch wrote: January 11th, 2018, 1:51 pm Hello! Could I do number 11!

Thanks
<3 Christina Smith
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne