COMPLETE[PLAY]The Blunderer by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: February 22nd, 2018, 1:22 pm Oops, I don't know how I didn't catch that. :oops: The file has been amended and re-uploaded for spot PL, in any case.
thank you, yes, now the meaning is clear ;) PL ok.

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

...and here's the one we've all been fighting over -- the lovely Celia, Act 1: :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blunderer_celia_01_128kb.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: February 24th, 2018, 3:13 pm ...and here's the one we've all been fighting over -- the lovely Celia, Act 1: :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blunderer_celia_01_128kb.mp3
excellent, lovely Celia = PL ok. You sound very soft and a bit mysterious as well, especially when you talk about the white magic. Nicely portrayed, TJ. :thumbs:

Thanks

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

I know that we're supposed to submit our roles within 2 months of claiming, but I was wondering if I could extend my deadline to the end of March (I claimed on 7 Jan). I have exams in the middle of March and don't think I can finish all my lines in time as well as study for them, but I can record and submit once those exams are done. I hope that doesn't impede this production too much!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:lol: wonderful Leanne ! I like the contrast you are giving here so obviously. Lelio always talks very boisterously, especially at the beginning, so people would think he is such a cool guy. Then the blunders keep piling up and still he never loses hope, laughingly apologizes for his bloopers and promises to do better next time. And so he stumbles from one misfortune to the next.

The scene where he threatens to kill himself will be sooo hilarious. :mrgreen: Oh and I also loved your sequence of very heartfelt "ooohs" :lol:

Both Acts PL ok.

Great job ! Can't wait to hear the rest.

Good luck with your exams first though :thumbs:

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Kitty wrote: February 26th, 2018, 5:21 am
Good luck with your exams first though :thumbs:

Sonia
Thank you - I'll be back to my usual efficiency once my exams are over, I promise!
benderca

Post by benderca »

leanneyauyau wrote: February 26th, 2018, 4:27 am I have exams in the middle of March and don't think I can finish all my lines in time as well as study for them, but I can record and submit once those exams are done. I hope that doesn't impede this production too much!
Celia will be ready to fall into your arms when your exams are done. :D
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

benderca wrote: February 26th, 2018, 7:55 am Celia will be ready to fall into your arms when your exams are done. :D
[heart eyes everywhere]
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: February 24th, 2018, 4:32 pm excellent, lovely Celia = PL ok. You sound very soft and a bit mysterious as well, especially when you talk about the white magic. Nicely portrayed, TJ. :thumbs:

Thanks
Sonia
Thanks, Sonia! Yes, only the white magic is pure enough for our Celia... :lol:

And here is Celia's last act (Act 5):

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blunderer_celia_05_128kb.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: March 5th, 2018, 6:01 am And here is Celia's last act (Act 5):
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blunderer_celia_05_128kb.mp3
:lol: I had to laugh at your very heartfelt and a touch desperate exclamation "Faaatherrr". And the scene with Hippolyta would have ended in a bitch fight if you both had continued the way you went. Somehow, despite saying "nice" things, I couldn't help but feel there may be underlying animosity. ;)

Celia PL ok. Thanks, TJ !!! Great job.

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: March 6th, 2018, 2:40 am :lol: I had to laugh at your very heartfelt and a touch desperate exclamation "Faaatherrr". And the scene with Hippolyta would have ended in a bitch fight if you both had continued the way you went. Somehow, despite saying "nice" things, I couldn't help but feel there may be underlying animosity. ;)

Celia PL ok. Thanks, TJ !!! Great job.
Sonia
Thanks! lol! I haven't listened to Eva's part yet, but I can't wait to hear that scene put together -- it's hilarious. As we give compliment after compliment, I can just feel the tension rising... Good thing the tension was broken by Mascarille, or the two ladies could have started bitch slapping each other any moment... :lol:

And I love the "Father" scene too! After Trufaldin's treated Cecelia like crap all this time as a slave, they now fall into each other's arms... too funny!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Just checking in to let you know that I plan to have my part recorded next week.
Fine tuning my manuscript so that I don't miss anything and can give it my best interpretation.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: March 7th, 2018, 11:06 pm Just checking in to let you know that I plan to have my part recorded next week.
Fine tuning my manuscript so that I don't miss anything and can give it my best interpretation.
great, Larry ! Can't wait to hear you in a sort of trickster role :mrgreen:

Sonia