COMPLETE[PLAY]The Bores by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gawoozle

Post by gawoozle »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

absolutely wonderful dramatic talent here, Travis. :thumbs: When I listened to your file I was whooping for joy that we have roped in another asset in our drama forum :mrgreen:

I love the breathlessness at the beginning and the insistence throughout the scene, but most of all, the totally miffed tone in the final sentence. Ooooh, this guy is so hurt in his feelings :lol: superbly played. Thank you so much.

That said...sorry, there are two errors I found ;)

> at 0:01: the voice credit should include the whole character description as mentioned in the magic window, in this case: Filinte, a bore, read by ...

> at 1:03: Wherever it be, I mean to follow you. - you say "whatever" which is is not what he wants to say here :hmm:

Could you make these two corrections please and reupload ? Oh and as for the file name, it would be better if you didn't include brackets. "bores_filinite_3_128kb" is fine.

Thank you

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
gawoozle

Post by gawoozle »

Here is the fixed version. Thank you for catching those mistakes for me and for the kind words.

Travis Maider

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bores_filinite_3_128kb.mp3
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kitty wrote: January 19th, 2018, 12:33 am
silverquill wrote:Good, I've fixed that.
Thanks for your usual good PL.
did you maybe forget to re-upload ? The file is still the same to me. :hmm:

Sonia
Oh, yeah, probably :oops:
I edited a whole file today and forgot to save it. or at least sent it into oblivion.
So let's try again:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bores_caritides_3_128kb.mp3
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Travis and Larry :)

both Filinte and Caritidès are now PL ok
silverquill wrote:I edited a whole file today and forgot to save it. or at least sent it into oblivion.
oh no :( how could that happen ? I hope the file was not too long. :help: It's awful to have to re-do the entire same section, I imagine.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: January 26th, 2018, 1:20 pm Alcippe act 2
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bores_alcippe_2.mp3
aaah and now here we have the card-playing bore :mrgreen: I have not understood one single rule of that game, but I get the gist of it, and the way you are rambling on is simply delicious. :clap: A very well-crafted bore, yet again. :thumbs:

The highlight was when you said "a blow, I assure you, enough to make me hang myself in public" At that point I can simpy visualize Tomas/Eraste's thoughts "why didn't you do it before I met you ?" :lol: I can imagine there will be some serious roll-eyes going on on stage at that point.

great job, Alan, thanks. PL ok. Just a bit low on volume, but I'll make a note for Todd :)

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

...and here is the lovely Orphise, Act 1:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bores_orphise_1_128kb.mp3
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

benderca wrote: January 27th, 2018, 3:28 pm ...and here is the lovely Orphise, Act 1:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bores_orphise_1_128kb.mp3
Thanks.

Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

ToddHW wrote: January 27th, 2018, 3:39 pm Thanks.

Todd
You're very welcome!

And here's the insulted Orphise, Act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bores_orphise_2_128kb.mp3
benderca

Post by benderca »

...and here's happily-ever-after Orphise, Act 3:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bores_orphise_3_128kb.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote:...and here is the lovely Orphise, Act 1:
:lol: I see you are going through all the ups and downs of young love, TJ :mrgreen: Orphise did not have much to say to my astonishment. Her role could have been bigger. But the central topic of course was the bores (and she is not one of them).

All the suitable emotions perfectly conveyed, no errors found. PL ok, without a doubt.

Thanks !

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: January 28th, 2018, 3:28 am
benderca wrote:...and here is the lovely Orphise, Act 1:
:lol: I see you are going through all the ups and downs of young love, TJ :mrgreen: Orphise did not have much to say to my astonishment. Her role could have been bigger. But the central topic of course was the bores (and she is not one of them).

All the suitable emotions perfectly conveyed, no errors found. PL ok, without a doubt.

Thanks !

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia!

I know! As one half of the main romance here, Orphise has pathetically little to say, while Eraste drones on for hours on end... :lol:
To be fair, I don't envy Tomas -- he has an extremely difficult part to play (and I don't have that kind of time). But women's parts come up short in this play, don't they? It is mentioned in passing that Orphise is also being held up by lady bores -- that part could have been played out. And Eraste mentions in passing that Orphise has forgiven him, but that scene is also not shown. And Orphise turns out to be quite a rebel, going against her uncle's wishes and planning to meet Eraste secretly -- that could have been an opportunity to show some great emotions. But we only hear about this through Eraste's commentary.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: January 28th, 2018, 6:51 am But women's parts come up short in this play, don't they? It is mentioned in passing that Orphise is also being held up by lady bores -- that part could have been played out. And Eraste mentions in passing that Orphise has forgiven him, but that scene is also not shown. And Orphise turns out to be quite a rebel, going against her uncle's wishes and planning to meet Eraste secretly -- that could have been an opportunity to show some great emotions. But we only hear about this through Eraste's commentary.
totally valid comments, all of these. I secretly suspect our Mister Molière didn't always have time to elaborate on his plots. Some of his plays seem to be "hashed out" quickly for instant court-gratification. I imagine the following scene:

Louis XIV: Ah, Molière, I'd like to have another amusing play from you.
Molière: Yes, my king, for when would you need it ? I can be ready in a week...
Louis XIV: How about tonight, after dinner ?
Molière: :shock: that's in 6 hours...
Louis XIV: Is there a problem ?
Molière: No, no, all will be ready, your majesty. [Aside] I must dig out some of my half-finished plots quickly. *Exit, grumblingly*

:mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

By the way, a reminder that casting in all my plays (there will be more when these current ones are done) is gender neutral, so anyone can grab any part.

Thanks, Todd