[COMPLETE]If I Had a Father, by George MacDonald - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you, Phil! I enjoyed your characterization of Thomas very much! Great job on a tough role! :clap:

Act 1 PL ok.

In act 2, at about 5:01, you are missing a line:

James. The name is not an oncommon one. There's Mattie Kent?
Tho. Nay; it's noan o' her.
James. Then there's Mattie Winchfield?
Tho. Nay; it's noan o' her.

Since it's the same sentence repeated, I could simply use the same line twice, but I'd prefer a different tone on the second one, to make the interaction feel more genuine.

Act 4, about 1:05, two missing lines:

"Theer be nobory theer, sir. Th' maister's run eawt, and th' mon after him."
-and-
"Aw niver says what aw donnot mane. An' aw'm glad yo're theer, sir; for William he towd mo to stay till he coom back; but aw've not geet so mich time to spare; and so be's yo're a friend ov th' maister's, yo'll mebbe mind th' shop a smo' bit. Aw mun goo."
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

alanmapstone wrote: February 3rd, 2018, 4:23 am James act 2 with added lines from 1:30

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ifihadafather_james_2.mp3
Thank you! PL ok now! This will be a great scene! :D
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Thomas Acts 2 & 4 corrected and uploaded!

I must admit I read this without reading the play. Thomas basically seems to have one line - I want mo Mattie! - that he repeats over and over again! Looking forward to hearing the whole play!

Phil
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

eggs4ears wrote: February 6th, 2018, 3:26 am Thomas Acts 2 & 4 corrected and uploaded!

I must admit I read this without reading the play. Thomas basically seems to have one line - I want mo Mattie! - that he repeats over and over again! Looking forward to hearing the whole play!

Phil
I'm still hearing the original version, sans corrections. I cleared my history and tried again on a different device, just to be sure.
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Apologies! I think the uploading didn't complete. I'll do it again tonight.
mightyfelix wrote: February 6th, 2018, 11:10 am I'm still hearing the original version, sans corrections. I cleared my history and tried again on a different device, just to be sure.
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Thomas Acts 2 & 4 with corrections should be uploaded now.
eggs4ears wrote: February 6th, 2018, 3:22 pm Apologies! I think the uploading didn't complete. I'll do it again tonight.
mightyfelix wrote: February 6th, 2018, 11:10 am I'm still hearing the original version, sans corrections. I cleared my history and tried again on a different device, just to be sure.
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Warren and Thomas both PL ok! Thank you both! :thumbs:
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hello everyone,

Can I play the Servant, please?

Thanks,

Sacciotto
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

sacciotto wrote: February 11th, 2018, 10:01 am Hello everyone,

Can I play the Servant, please?

Thanks,

Sacciotto
I would love to assign you this role, if we had a Servant in the play! The only roles left are for four unruly boys. Did you perhaps mean to post in a different project?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'm going to go ahead and combine the roles of Fourth and Second Boy again after all, since there have been no claims in the last month.
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Oh, sorry... I apologize... :oops: I meant I would like to claim the fourth boy. The servant is indeed in another play.
mightyfelix wrote: February 11th, 2018, 10:31 am The only roles left are for four unruly boys.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

sacciotto wrote: February 11th, 2018, 11:56 am Oh, sorry... I apologize... :oops: I meant I would like to claim the fourth boy. The servant is indeed in another play.
mightyfelix wrote: February 11th, 2018, 10:31 am The only roles left are for four unruly boys.
Ok, great! Originally I'd planned to combine the Second and Fourth Boys into one role, then decided to separate them out again. But over the last day or so, I'd pretty much decided again to combine them, since it had been a month without claims. Would you mind doing this combined role? It looks like it would be about seven lines for both roles together, plus the taunt spoken by all the boys together.
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Oh, no problem... It will be my pleasure! :D :clap: