[COMPLETE]If I Had a Father, by George MacDonald - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I doubt they'll both be ready at the same time. But even if they were, I'd much rather you take your time and listen when you're ready and have the time, than feel pressured to listen to everything immediately! :shock:
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

mightyfelix wrote: April 17th, 2018, 11:44 am I doubt they'll both be ready at the same time. But even if they were, I'd much rather you take your time and listen when you're ready and have the time, than feel pressured to listen to everything immediately! :shock:
I don’t think you realise the power the words “Ready for PL” have over Sonia.

They bring her swooping in on a rope like Xena on an evil-doer. Or like Gabrielle on a minor point of Xena’s grammar, diction, or law.

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

mightyfelix wrote: April 17th, 2018, 7:40 am
sacciotto wrote: April 16th, 2018, 6:29 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ifihadafather_fourthboy_02_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 30 seconds

The fourth boy just arrived!
Thank you so much! I am still missing this section from you, though, which is scripted for "All boys, together":
Go along, Daddy-devil! Pick yer own bones, an'
ha' done.

Bag-raker!
Skin-cat!
Bag o' nails!
Scull-an'-cross-bones!

Old Daddy Longlegs wouldn't say his prayers—
Take him by his left leg, and throw him downstairs.

Go along! Go to hell!
We'll skin you.
Melt ye down for taller, we will.
Only he 'ain't got none, the red herrin'!
Also, it's optional, but rather than saying, "Boo hoo!" at the end of the fourth boy's last line, do you think you could maybe give a little fake crying noise there or something?

Just make both of these edits in the file for fourth boy, if you please. I only need one version of the "bag-raker, skin-cat" bit, so you don't need to add one for each of them.
Hello!

I am really sorry, but I wasn't able to record what is missing. I didn't know about it. Anyways, I promise I'll do my best in order to try to record it tomorrow night, after my regular job, which has been too overwhelming.

Regards,

Sacciotto
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

sacciotto wrote: April 17th, 2018, 7:42 pm Hello!

I am really sorry, but I wasn't able to record what is missing. I didn't know about it. Anyways, I promise I'll do my best in order to try to record it tomorrow night, after my regular job, which has been too overwhelming.

Regards,

Sacciotto
Ah, that little thing called work. Such a shame when it gets in the way of what we'd all really like to be doing, which is recording, of course!
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

mightyfelix wrote: April 17th, 2018, 9:39 pm Ah, that little thing called work. Such a shame when it gets in the way of what we'd all really like to be doing, which is recording, of course!
Yep! You just said everything! To make it worse (which should be better!), I have been facing technical problems! All morning here trying to install a new, wonderful mic (an Apogee 96k), but it denies itself to work! :cry: Pulling all my hair out! Conclusion: I'm stuck in the mud!
Called a technician, and he cannot come to help now! What a sadness! Feel like crying... Have you been in such a desperate situation?

BTW, if you have any tip, please, help me!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh, how frustrating. I have experienced something similar, actually. When I'd only been at LV for a few months, my headset mic suddenly died. I could use it for playback, but the mic wasn't recognized by the computer. It was agony. I think it was weeks before I got a replacement. At least, it seems that way looking back.

I'm not very tech savvy, so I don't have a lot of pointers for you. Do you no longer have the old mic? It may not have been as new and wonderful, but sounded good as far as I can tell. Can you not continue using that one until you figure out the new one?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

You may actually be able to get some help by posting your troubles at the "Need Help" forum. That's where all of our tech wizards tend to hang out.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I've been chipping away at finishing these last two acts, but haven't had as much free time this week as I'd have liked. The 20th of every month is "pay the bills" day for me, so I'll need to devote some time to that today, but I'm also going to try to finish act 4, at least. If I don't finish it today, I won't get a chance until probably Tuesday. :?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, Sonia, here's act 4 for you! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: April 20th, 2018, 12:00 pm Ok, Sonia, here's act 4 for you! :D
great job, Devorah, and a super ending to this play :thumbs: Everybody was playing excellently and it really sounds as if we all played this in one room together. :9:
This act is PL ok.

Have a nice weekend, and we're so close to finishing this off now, yay. Don't forget to credit the readers to the specific acts they appear in.

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Since saciotto is still having mic trouble, and we already have four voices for the taunts, I decided to go ahead and do a little mix with what we've got. Let me know what you think. I'm not sure it's crucial that we include every voice for that part anyway.

Act 2 is uploading now.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, Act 2 is up.
Kitty wrote: April 21st, 2018, 1:44 am
Have a nice weekend, and we're so close to finishing this off now, yay. Don't forget to credit the readers to the specific acts they appear in.
Do you mean like that?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 10:57 pm Do you mean like that?
yes that's exactly how I meant. :) As for the group of boys, if only some group lines are missing and you have the other three, I think that is enough to consider it a group. We don't really need to have every voice in there. It's probably hard to hear out distinct voices anyway.

I'll check later and then we can finish up :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 10:57 pm Ok, Act 2 is up.
Act 2 is great :clap: the scene with the little urchins is really well done, and indeed, having one voice more or less in the mayhem is not at all noticeable. Especially because we have some parts of Adriana in there after all. I set her to PL ok now, since all is done now.

I loved the scene where Tomas was muching on the pie and speaking with his mouth full :lol: What were you eating there, Tomas ?

Anyway, Act 2 is PL ok. And that means, this project can get archived. Great job, everybody. :thumbs: And special kudos for Devorah for handling it all and doing a great editor's job.

Now it's my turn to upload the thing ;) I will try to do that this evening. Devorah, if you have anything to change in the intro blurb yet, please do it now and tell me whether you did any changes. Also, could you please give me the voice credits list, as we always do with drama plays ?

Thanks

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »