Humor: My Lady Nicotine
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 4 is PL OK. Thank you, Ernst.
Pattymarie
onhyattus

Post by onhyattus »

Hi

I would like to contribute to this project, however I only have a mobile and a Chromebook and so don't think that I can get Audacity.
I have downloaded Wave Editor on Android and have read the test piece as an MP3 file.

Was hoping that I could send this to you as a test, so that you can decide whether it's ok?

Thanks

onhyattus - this is what I would like to be known as - pronounced like on hiatus :)
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

onhyattus wrote: February 18th, 2019, 1:15 pm Hi

I would like to contribute to this project, however I only have a mobile and a Chromebook and so don't think that I can get Audacity.
I have downloaded Wave Editor on Android and have read the test piece as an MP3 file.

Was hoping that I could send this to you as a test, so that you can decide whether it's ok?

Thanks

onhyattus - this is what I would like to be known as - pronounced like on hiatus :)
Thank you for your interest, Onhyattus. The place you need to post your test is in the "Listeners and Editors Wanted" section of the forum. When it's been found to meet the specifications you can come back here and ask for a section to record. I'm not familiar with Wave Editor, but if it converted your test to MP3, it should work. We use mono, not stereo. I hope you enjoy recording for Librivox whether in this project or in others.
Pattymarie
onhyattus

Post by onhyattus »

pattymarie wrote: February 18th, 2019, 1:42 pm

Thank you for your interest, Onhyattus. The place you need to post your test is in the "Listeners and Editors Wanted" section of the forum. When it's been found to meet the specifications you can come back here and ask for a section to record. I'm not familiar with Wave Editor, but if it converted your test to MP3, it should work. We use mono, not stereo. I hope you enjoy recording for Librivox whether in this project or in others.
Hi Pattymarie

:) I realised this soon after posting this.
I have now posted my test to the Listeners and Editors page and am just waiting for their response -
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_onhyattus.mp3

Once I hear back I will come back to you.

Thanks

Helena (onhyattus is what I would like to appear on any project I work in, but Helena is my name :D)
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Thanks, Helena. I look forward to hearing from you. I don't enter people into the catalog; perhaps our MC will do that.
Pattymarie
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

pattymarie wrote: February 19th, 2019, 6:16 am Thanks, Helena. I look forward to hearing from you. I don't enter people into the catalog; perhaps our MC will do that.
The BC can; I'm not sure about the DPL. But now I'm curious.

When you're in the MW, do you have a button that says "Add new reader" near the "Assign reader sections" button? If so, click on it and add the information there. Once the reader is added, you can assign them sections.

Let me know if you can do this - so I know for the future, too!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

TriciaG wrote: February 19th, 2019, 6:30 am
pattymarie wrote: February 19th, 2019, 6:16 am Thanks, Helena. I look forward to hearing from you. I don't enter people into the catalog; perhaps our MC will do that.
The BC can; I'm not sure about the DPL. But now I'm curious.

When you're in the MW, do you have a button that says "Add new reader" near the "Assign reader sections" button? If so, click on it and add the information there. Once the reader is added, you can assign them sections.

Let me know if you can do this - so I know for the future, too!
Yes. I have added new readers, Tricia. I didn't think that that constituted adding them to the catalog as well and getting their catalog name established if it's different from their forum name.
Pattymarie
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Hi
I'd like to try sections 6 and 7
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

RitaBoutros wrote: February 21st, 2019, 10:53 am Hi
I'd like to try sections 6 and 7
Thank you, Rita. I'll put you in the MW for sections 6 and 7. :D
Pattymarie
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Section 06:

This section was extremely long, so I divided it into 2 parts.
Part 1 starts at page 100 and runs through 126 at: "...and taken all the best of the emperor's horses to his father."

Part 2 starts on page 126 at: "The Emir of Multan..."

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/travelsof_06part1_battuta_128kb.mp3
40.15 KB
42:50

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/travelsof_06part2_battuta_128kb.mp3
28:53
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

RitaBoutros wrote: February 22nd, 2019, 3:26 pm Section 06:

This section was extremely long, so I divided it into 2 parts.
Part 1 starts at page 100 and runs through 126 at: "...and taken all the best of the emperor's horses to his father."

Part 2 starts on page 126 at: "The Emir of Multan..."

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/travelsof_06part1_battuta_128kb.mp3
40.15 KB
42:50

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/travelsof_06part2_battuta_128kb.mp3
28:53
Thank you, Rita.

Tricia,

I'm going ahead with proofing these but not trying to put either of them into the MW, yet. I'll leave it to you to decide how to handle this. If, as I suspect, it will be difficult to change all the succeeding files in accordance with dividing this one into two, I can re-unite the two files in Audacity or ask the reader to do so.
Pattymarie
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Please merge them together (you or the reader). It's way too late to change the section divisions.

That's one reason the word counts in the Magic Window are there - so readers have an idea how long a section is going to be. Over 10,000 words? Yes, it's going to be mega-long. 8-)
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

I've united the two files into one for section 06, put it in the MW and marked it PL OK. It failed Checker for being too long (Checker says our files shouldn't be longer than an hour), but each of the two files passed individually, so I guess all the other specs are right. I hope this one being slightly over an hour is all right. I cut out "End of section 6 part 1" and the intro/disclaimer at the beginning of the second file and trimmed "part 2" from the "End of..." statement at the end. If you want to spot pl those, Tricia, the second file began with chapter 15 which, after the cuts, begins at the half second mark after 42:41. You could spot pl a few seconds on each side of that and the ending statement if you want to.

Here's the new url https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/travelsof_06_battuta_128kb.mp3 1:11,18

Thank you, Rita.
Pattymarie
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yes, Checker flags anything 60 minutes or longer. This is fine; we try to keep things down to 72 minutes or fewer so they can fit on an audio CD, so it squeaks in. (I had added the two file durations earlier to make sure they would still be 72 or fewer.) 8-)

Spot checked it - OK!