[COMPLETE]Child Christopher & Goldilind etc, - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Congratulations on another project Phil. and thank you both for all your work. Cataloguing ran smoothly :clap: :clap:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/child-christopher-and-goldilind-the-fair-by-william-morris/

If you want me for your next one , just add my "initials" - ans to the heading
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Thanks Anne! Everything is fine, and a great CD cover, as always!
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Probably go back and do those that are in the catalogue as collaboratives? On Morris, I'd quite like to have a go at his epic poems (I don't know how many there are or whether we already have them) but I remember being interested in one that was in the same volume as the Golden Wings collection. I am quite interested in reading epic poems generally, if you have any suggestions.

You are always welcome to PL! I have kind of standing arrangement with Maryann for a couple of authors (Gaskell, John Ackworth), but apart from that you are my first choice!
Newgatenovelist wrote: March 20th, 2018, 2:47 pm Perhaps it's too soon to ask, but what are you going to do when you've finished with the PD Newcastle titles? And may I PL?
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Isn't it fantastic when you've got a standing agreement like that with DPL? I'm really lucky to have something similar, and it's great. Only on LV, I should say - it took five really put-upon DPLs to get through three really short Legamus solos!

As for reading suggestions, I have o so many. Would you rather do projects completely new to the catalogue, or are you okay doing a new version of something LV already have? And forgive me for asking a silly question, but what exactly do you mean by epic? I'll suggest a couple of things and see if one of them goes 'ding ding ding!': a quest narrative, like a lot of Morris's high fantasy or The Lord of the Rings? Or a long poem with multiple cantos (Paradise Lost)? Obviously there is a lot of overlap with those (Homer and Virgil!), but I've heard the term used pretty loosely and I want to be sure I know what you're aiming for. But yeah, I know of more epics than I have time to record, so we can do a deal!

One suggestion I'll throw out there, besides that tempting Ballantyne list Anne came up with, is the Internet Speculative Fiction Database. (http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/index.cgi) The way it's set up it might not be as easy to browse for LV-able works as to search for specific things, but you could always just go to their website every so often, click on a couple of links and see where serendipity takes you.

And one more question, if you're not buried under all of this already: obviously you like fantasy, but some things sort of bleed into other genres. How do you feel about science fiction, weird fiction or horror?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It's not fantasy and not great poetry but I've always hoped someone would read this because it's social history
John Gay - Trivia or walking the streets of London 1716

About 10,000 words, published in 3 books describing what to wear in Winter and who you meet morning and night . written in rhyming couplets and seeming easy to read.
I thought it was very interesting , giving a view of everyday life of the time in an entertaining way.

Anne
Trivia or the Art of Walking the Streets of London
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

That does look good, Anne! And, um, last night I tracked down an epic poem written in prison that I couldn't think of the name of when I was replying yesterday. And of course, that should be recorded too! But for now I'm going to calm down. There are still Newcastle books, and please, Phil, don't let me shove a dozen projects onto your plate when you've already got several lined up!