COMPLETE [DR] An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

I got it from twinkle88, thank you though!
~Tiffany
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

fiddlesticks wrote: June 24th, 2018, 9:22 pm I got it from twinkle88, thank you though!
Great! Listen, folks, don't hesitate to send me a private message or something if there is anything else you need from me. I'm sorry to say I haven't been visiting the forum much due to an intentional effort to stay off the computer and go outside more often! 8-) But I don't want to neglect any of the stuff I need to be doing here, so please keep me posted - thanks! :thumbs:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

fiddlesticks wrote: June 20th, 2018, 9:17 am Here is the Dramatis Personae! I maybe should have checked, but I just did it in the order they were in the character list, I can change it if you want a different order.
Time: 2:28
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/oldfashionedgirl_00_alcott_128kb.mp3
PL notes:
- there's a really weird spot at 1:35 where the reader's postcode and location appear to be included? I'd suggest cutting this out. Nobody else has it and the number leading in sounds really strange.
- the last two characters are both read by Leanne Yau, I'd suggest combining these into "Girl", "Gossip" read by Leanne Yau. It sounds laboured to have two minor character voice credits read in full by the same person.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

stoogeswoman wrote: June 24th, 2018, 9:51 pmBut I don't want to neglect any of the stuff I need to be doing here, so please keep me posted - thanks! :thumbs:
Sure, I hear ya! Thanks! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Elizabby wrote: June 24th, 2018, 10:21 pm - there's a really weird spot at 1:35 where the reader's postcode and location appear to be included? I'd suggest cutting this out. Nobody else has it and the number leading in sounds really strange.
- the last two characters are both read by Leanne Yau, I'd suggest combining these into "Girl", "Gossip" read by Leanne Yau. It sounds laboured to have two minor character voice credits read in full by the same person.
Yeah, I would agree that both of these points need to be changed.
So in the final version of the DP, Leanne's last two voice credits would be combined to: "Girl, Gossip read by Leanne Yau."
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Twinkle88 wrote: June 25th, 2018, 8:01 am
Elizabby wrote: June 24th, 2018, 10:21 pm - there's a really weird spot at 1:35 where the reader's postcode and location appear to be included? I'd suggest cutting this out. Nobody else has it and the number leading in sounds really strange.
Yeah, I would agree that both of these points need to be changed.
So in the final version of the DP, Leanne's last two voice credits would be combined to: "Girl, Gossip read by Leanne Yau."
Okey dokey I will do that today
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

~Tiffany
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thank you! :) In the MW for PL.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

The DP is now PL OK! I'll listen to Ch 4 today.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Exciting to see this in the editing stage. Great job to each of you who are still working on this project. I know it is a lot of work!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
A Rough Shaking by George MacDonald
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 4 is PL OK!

Sorry, I updated the MW but forgot to post here!
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

just so y’all know, my brother is visiting for a couple weeks, but I expect to get to a lot of editing after he leaves (July 7) since we are spending a lot of time together while he is here.
~Tiffany
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Aww, that's great! :) Have fun!
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Chapter 6 is all edited, but it is 1:14:43 so does it need to be split up?
~Tiffany
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

fiddlesticks wrote: July 11th, 2018, 3:18 pm Chapter 6 is all edited, but it is 1:14:43 so does it need to be split up?
Yeah, unless you want to change the tempo 3% or so. It shouldn't be a noticeable difference, but should just squeak you under 72 minutes. Either that, or you could try tightening up things a fraction of a second here and there. :hmm:

72 minutes is what fits on a regular audio CD, so that's our length limit.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine