[Complete][Group] Cowboy Life on the Sidetrack by Frank Benton - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20960
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » March 16th, 2018, 7:09 am

ajackson wrote:
March 16th, 2018, 6:42 am
Howdy Kittyl!! Just wanted you to know I'm still alive.. ha. And also let you know that I've been busy with work and haven't had a lot of free time to record, which is horrible! I enjoy it greatly. But.. good news!.. we are going back to a 4 day a week schedule and I'll be back at it. So, don't kick me off, please! LOL I enjoy it a lot and will be back very soon. Thanks, Anthony
that's good news for you and us, Anthony :) But the BC for this project is Larry (silverquill) so he would be the one kicking you off :mrgreen: but I can assure you, Larry is not known for any kind of brutality. :lol: So you are safe here, I would think.

Good luck with your next recording and see you around soon.

Sonia

silverquill
Posts: 11450
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 16th, 2018, 7:38 am

ajackson wrote:
March 16th, 2018, 6:42 am
Howdy Kittyl!! Just wanted you to know I'm still alive.. ha. And also let you know that I've been busy with work and haven't had a lot of free time to record, which is horrible! I enjoy it greatly. But.. good news!.. we are going back to a 4 day a week schedule and I'll be back at it. So, don't kick me off, please! LOL I enjoy it a lot and will be back very soon. Thanks, Anthony
Ha! Nope, ain't kickin' nobody off! I do appreciate your checking in. I do understand those pressures. Had to work from home two days last week and two days this week due to blizzards, pressed to do 11-hr days, plus the snow shoveling, extra meetings . . . . Yup.
So whenever you can record is just fine. Just mosey on over. :D

DaleInTexas
Posts: 157
Joined: August 15th, 2012, 12:43 pm
Location: West of Cowtown, Texas
Contact:

Post by DaleInTexas » March 31st, 2018, 8:53 pm

Chapter One is ready for a PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cowboylife_01_benton_128kb.mp3

Runtime: 00:10:39
Dale Latham
Down on the Poor Farm
https://twitter.com/dalelatham

silverquill
Posts: 11450
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 31st, 2018, 9:12 pm

msfry wrote:
February 26th, 2018, 8:13 am
Neat project, Larry. I love cowboy stories. Alas all sections are claimed. If anyone should return a section to the pool, feel free to assign it to me.
Per your request, you have Section 15!

msfry
Posts: 6088
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » March 31st, 2018, 9:42 pm

Thanks for Section 15, Larry. Nothing to fire me up like a good stampede. I'll get on it this week. :)
Michele Fry, CC
My Projects
"If we admit a First Cause, the mind still craves to know whence it came and how it arose." ~Albert Einstein

silverquill
Posts: 11450
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 31st, 2018, 11:19 pm

DaleInTexas wrote:
March 31st, 2018, 8:53 pm
Chapter One is ready for a PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cowboylife_01_benton_128kb.mp3

Runtime: 00:10:39
Well worth waiting for!
PL OK

msfry
Posts: 6088
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » April 1st, 2018, 4:09 pm

Section 15 is uploaded. 15,000 head of cows on one drive? Are there that many cows? Yee Haw!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cowboylife_15_benton_128kb.mp3 10:51
Michele Fry, CC
My Projects
"If we admit a First Cause, the mind still craves to know whence it came and how it arose." ~Albert Einstein

silverquill
Posts: 11450
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » April 1st, 2018, 8:09 pm

msfry wrote:
April 1st, 2018, 4:09 pm
Section 15 is uploaded. 15,000 head of cows on one drive? Are there that many cows? Yee Haw!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cowboylife_15_benton_128kb.mp3 10:51
Thanks, Michele, for a fine reading on the stampede -- scary scene!
PL OK

DaleInTexas
Posts: 157
Joined: August 15th, 2012, 12:43 pm
Location: West of Cowtown, Texas
Contact:

Post by DaleInTexas » April 1st, 2018, 8:23 pm

Chapter Two is ready for a PL.

Ole' Chuckwagon's Jumbo Skunk awaits your approval.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cowboylife_02_benton_128kb.mp3

Runtime: 00:07:31
Dale Latham
Down on the Poor Farm
https://twitter.com/dalelatham

silverquill
Posts: 11450
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » April 2nd, 2018, 1:56 am

DaleInTexas wrote:
April 1st, 2018, 8:23 pm
Chapter Two is ready for a PL.

Ole' Chuckwagon's Jumbo Skunk awaits your approval.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cowboylife_02_benton_128kb.mp3

Runtime: 00:07:31
Watch out for them thar giant skunks!

PL OK, and thanks for your wonderful contributions to this project! :clap:

DaleInTexas
Posts: 157
Joined: August 15th, 2012, 12:43 pm
Location: West of Cowtown, Texas
Contact:

Post by DaleInTexas » April 2nd, 2018, 5:01 pm

silverquill wrote:
April 2nd, 2018, 1:56 am
Watch out for them thar giant skunks!

PL OK, and thanks for your wonderful contributions to this project! :clap:
"Giant dead skunks"- that's how we mark trails and roadways, out here on the Ponderosa, this time of year. When you come see me, turn off the highway and then turn left, after the fourth dead skunk.

Seriously though, it has been my pleasure to participate on this book. If you will have me, on the next Benton-book, I will be happy to try to bring ol' Chuckwagon and Dilbery Ike to life.
Dale
Dale Latham
Down on the Poor Farm
https://twitter.com/dalelatham

silverquill
Posts: 11450
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » April 26th, 2018, 6:58 am

PM sent to ajackson -- just three sections remaining.

silverquill
Posts: 11450
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 4th, 2018, 8:02 am

silverquill wrote:
April 26th, 2018, 6:58 am
PM sent to ajackson -- just three sections remaining.
Final PM sent.

Will orphan these if Anthony can't get to them real soon.

silverquill
Posts: 11450
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 20th, 2018, 9:53 pm

Unfortunately, we have orphans.
Sections 20,21,22 are open.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20960
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » June 20th, 2018, 11:21 pm

silverquill wrote:
June 20th, 2018, 9:53 pm
Unfortunately, we have orphans.
Sections 20,21,22 are open.
I will return us back to Readers Wanted !

Sonia

Post Reply