[COMPLETE POETRY] Selected Poems of Francis Thompson - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

bradbeadlesr wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 10:39 am I have finished Poem 3, "Daisy" of Selected Poems of Francis Thompson. When I went to upload it I noticed that there was a list of "addresses" to send the mp3 doc to. Which one of these addresses should I send Poem 3 to?
Right at the end of the instructions in the opening post, you will find this:

You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kathrinee
So, select her name from the menu.

Be sure you have saved the file in the correct format.
Looking forward to hearing your recording!
~ Larry
bradbeadlesr

Post by bradbeadlesr »

Thank you for your help. The upload worked. :D
bradbeadlesr

Post by bradbeadlesr »

I would like to claim Poem.
bradbeadlesr

Post by bradbeadlesr »

sorry, I would like to claim poem 4
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

bradbeadlesr wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 12:27 pm Thank you for your help. The upload worked. :D
Good. Per instructions, you need to post the link you received when uploading here in the forum along with the file length. Just read through all of the instructions in the initial post of the forum thread and you will find what you need to know.
~ Larry
bradbeadlesr

Post by bradbeadlesr »

Here is the URL upload address for Poem 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/selectedpoems_03_thompson_128kb.mp3

(file duration: 3:11)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

bradbeadlesr wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 9:16 am Here is the URL upload address for Poem 3

(file duration: 3:11)
Ok, there we go! Nicely read, Scott. Thank you. :clap:
There are just a few technical and procedural issues to correct.

1) In the intro, you should read "recorded for LibirVox DOT org. So you need to add the "DOT ORG."

2. The "outro" should be, "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." You mistakenly added the part of the outro that goes with the final section at the end of the entire book. Just clip this out.

3. Thee should be FIVE seconds of silence a the end, and you have only about two seconds. You can copy and paste some of the silence to get the five and trim if necessary.

4. The volume of this recording is much too low, measuring only 83.8dB. The LV target is 89dB with an acceptable range of 86 - 92dB. For this file, you can use the amplify feature in audacity, setting it at +5dB. But, it is best to adjust your recording set-up so that your raw recording is a little bit closer. You can change your distance to the mike and also adjust the input gain

I use two programs that help. First, there is ReplayGain that is an Audacity plug-in. Once it is installed, you can just run it from the Analyze menu and it will tell you how many dB + or - that you need to adjust the recording, and then you can use the amplify feature in Audacity to do that. The other program I use, primarily when I proof listen, but it can be used to check recordings before uploading, is Checker, a little program written just for Librivox. Just drag the file into Checker and it will check all the LV specs, including volume, and give you an alert to anything that needs to be fixed. You can find links to both of these programs in the LV wikis. There is a ton of good info there, including videos on how to adjust volume, etc.

Once you have all of these things corrected, upload the file again with the same name, then post the link and new file length here.

I know there is a lot to learn, but these procedures will soon become second nature and the you can relax and enjoy reading, of which I hope there will be a lot more!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Go, Pats! :mrgreen:
~ Larry
brucek

Post by brucek »

And I would like to claim section 51.

Thanks,
Bruce.
JanisHopkins

Post by JanisHopkins »

I would like to claim 13,14,15, 21
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

JanisHopkins wrote: January 25th, 2018, 7:26 am I would like to claim 13,14,15, 21
I've put you in for these.
Thanks so much!
~ Larry
bradbeadlesr

Post by bradbeadlesr »

Here is the 'Corrected' URL upload address for Poem 3

file duration = 3.13
brucek

Post by brucek »

And I would like to claim Section 51.

Thanks very much, Larry,

Bruce. :)
brucek

Post by brucek »

Hi Larry, I know you're busy but I would love it if you could acknowledge my claim for Section 51, then I can start recording. I first requested Section 51 on January 6, then subsequently on January 24, January 29 and today Feb 2.

By the way, all of my other 6 sections are done and uploaded, awaiting PL; uploaded twice in fact just to make sure (January 24 and January 29).

Thanks very much, Larry. I've been quite ill with the flu and do very much want to get these poems done and PL'd.

Bruce. :)