[Complete] Short Story Collection Vol. 71 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14671
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » March 4th, 2018, 9:10 pm

Grothmann wrote:
March 4th, 2018, 8:38 pm
Hi:
This is "Some Day" by Henry Lawson

Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 6:42

VL file --
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol071_somday_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at --
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/7144/7144-h/7144-h.htm

Thanks
Dale
Thank you
Help us finish:

The Chinese Kitten 3 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 31 sections remaining

cherylstewart
Posts: 1171
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » March 5th, 2018, 2:09 pm

Section 13 "Some Day" PL OK
Cheryls

VfkaBT
Posts: 1320
Joined: November 28th, 2015, 7:47 am
Location: Florida

Post by VfkaBT » April 3rd, 2018, 10:45 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol71_neapolitanstreetsong_mp_128kb.mp3
3.05
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/30374
A Neapolitan Street Song, from Futurist Stories by Margery Verner Reed (d.1924/5)
A very short story, but I can see it stretched out into a 15-minute film.
My previous LV work: Bellona Times

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14671
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » April 3rd, 2018, 11:21 am

VfkaBT wrote:
April 3rd, 2018, 10:45 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol71_neapolitanstreetsong_mp_128kb.mp3
3.05
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/30374
A Neapolitan Street Song, from Futurist Stories by Margery Verner Reed (d.1924/5)
A very short story, but I can see it stretched out into a 15-minute film.
Thank you.
Help us finish:

The Chinese Kitten 3 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 31 sections remaining

cherylstewart
Posts: 1171
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » April 3rd, 2018, 12:15 pm

Section 14 A Neapolitan Street Song, PL OK
Cheryls

VfkaBT
Posts: 1320
Joined: November 28th, 2015, 7:47 am
Location: Florida

Post by VfkaBT » April 20th, 2018, 9:12 am

Desire, by James Stephens
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol071_desire_mp_128kb.mp3
19.35
from The Dial, June 1920
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=chi.20660528;view=1up;seq=9

Cheryl & Lynnet, not to give this away, but this would make a great campfire story. :shock:
My previous LV work: Bellona Times

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14671
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » April 20th, 2018, 10:05 am

VfkaBT wrote:
April 20th, 2018, 9:12 am
Desire, by James Stephens
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol071_desire_mp_128kb.mp3
19.35
from The Dial, June 1920
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=chi.20660528;view=1up;seq=9

Cheryl & Lynnet, not to give this away, but this would make a great campfire story. :shock:
Thank you
Help us finish:

The Chinese Kitten 3 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 31 sections remaining

cherylstewart
Posts: 1171
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » April 20th, 2018, 1:37 pm

Section 15 "Desire" PL notes: Matt, I am thinking this might be your unedited file. There are short repeats and corrections throughout - not like your normal perfect recording????
Cheryls

VfkaBT
Posts: 1320
Joined: November 28th, 2015, 7:47 am
Location: Florida

Post by VfkaBT » April 21st, 2018, 5:38 am

My previous LV work: Bellona Times

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14671
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » April 21st, 2018, 7:27 am

VfkaBT wrote:
April 21st, 2018, 5:38 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol071_desire_stephens_mp_128kb.mp3
Sorry 'bout that; this is the corrected file. 17:30.
:thumbs:
Help us finish:

The Chinese Kitten 3 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 31 sections remaining

cherylstewart
Posts: 1171
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » April 21st, 2018, 12:47 pm

Section 15, "Desire" PL OK
:D ah, that's more like it.
Cheryls

VfkaBT
Posts: 1320
Joined: November 28th, 2015, 7:47 am
Location: Florida

Post by VfkaBT » April 23rd, 2018, 7:53 am

Two love stories, one tragic, one humorous.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol071_delicateaffair_king_mp_128kb.mp3
A Delicate Affair, by Grace E. King, (d.1932) from Balcony Stories
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/11514
34.30
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol071_cupidalacarte_henry_mp_128kb.mp3
Cupid Ala Carte, by O. Henry, (d. 1910) from Heart of the West
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/1725
44.46
My previous LV work: Bellona Times

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14671
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » April 23rd, 2018, 8:22 am

VfkaBT wrote:
April 23rd, 2018, 7:53 am
Two love stories, one tragic, one humorous.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol071_delicateaffair_king_mp_128kb.mp3
A Delicate Affair, by Grace E. King, (d.1932) from Balcony Stories
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/11514
34.30
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol071_cupidalacarte_henry_mp_128kb.mp3
Cupid Ala Carte, by O. Henry, (d. 1910) from Heart of the West
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/1725
44.46
Thank you
Help us finish:

The Chinese Kitten 3 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 31 sections remaining

cherylstewart
Posts: 1171
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » April 23rd, 2018, 3:53 pm

Section 16, "A Delicate Affair" PL OK
Section 17,"Cupid A La Carte" PL OK
Cheryls

aunrietta
Posts: 10
Joined: August 1st, 2017, 8:17 am

Post by aunrietta » April 24th, 2018, 1:23 pm

Title: Ten Minute's Musing
Duration 5:48
Author: Alice Ruth Moore
1875-1935
published 1895
Source: Gutenberg etext url

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol071_tenminutesmusing_mw_128kb.mp3

Post Reply