[COMPLETE]More About the Roosevelt Bears by Seymour Eaton - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

That could be it! I was uploading files for PL on a different project where I do not have MW access and so used the general login. Do you mean I can use my BC/DPL login even in that case?

Though I tried closing my browser and accessing this one again, I bet it hadn't logged me out and so was remembering the wrong login. Thanks!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
A Rough Shaking by George MacDonald
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Section 00 is PL OK.
Section 03 is very fun and had me chuckling over the typewriter business! But I have a question about the intro/outro.

I heard...
Beginning: "Chapter [number] of 'More About Teddy B and Teddy G, The Roosevelt Bears' recorded for Librivox.org by BettyB. [Chapter name]"
End: "End of chapter [number]. This recording is in the public domain."

This must be the way you have credited other books, but it doesn't match what David put in the first post for a shortened disclaimer as follows.

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:

"Chapter [number] of More About Teddy B and Teddy G, the Roosevelt Bears, by Seymour Eaton. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say: "[Chapter title]"
END of recording
At the end of the section, say:
"End of Chapter [number]"

How should we proceed to keep it consistent? And I suppose both chapters one and fourteen, which were previously PL'd, should be given conforming disclaimers as well.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Readers needed for:
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

I'm not sure I see a real problem. I'm sorry I did not see that our MC had already put in a shortened disclaimer. The one I chose is one I have used many, many times for poems. The only difference seems to be the location of the sentence concerning the public domain.

Perhaps, David could add his thoughts to this. I will hold off recording any more chapters.

Betty
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

I guess the author is also missing from your disclaimer, but yes, I'd like to hear if our MC is fine with rearranging. I just don't know how set in stone the standards are for this.
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

HannahMary wrote:That could be it! I was uploading files for PL on a different project where I do not have MW access and so used the general login. Do you mean I can use my BC/DPL login even in that case?
I have since tried using only my personal login as you suggested David, even for projects where I have no MW access, and it worked! I keep learning more about this system on every project. Thanks!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Concerning the disclaimer, it is nice to be consistent throughout the book. I can live with the elements being a different order from this book to the next if the presentation is uniform in this book.

The standard for disclaimers is the long version used for group projects. There are special versions for solos, poetry, and dramatic works.

All Librivox audio files have to include the "... in the public domain" part. There should also be a part that identifies the project (title & author) to which the audio file belongs.

I find it strange that poetry doesn't include the author, especially since almost every poet has written a poem entitled "Song", "An Ode", and "A Poem".

David O
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

I have uploaded Chapter 2 and also Chapter 14 with the short disclaimer for spot Pl into the MW.

I plan to use the short poetry disclaimer going forward. All will be consistent. I have put the author's name in the preface and chapter 1 so I think hopefully, that is sufficient for this volume.

Betty
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Chapter 14 is spot-PL OK.
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

May I continue recording? Wanted to make sure both of you are ok with my disclaimers and the two chapters can be marked OK.

Betty
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Sorry I haven't gotten to chapter 2 yet or back to check 1 or 3 with your new disclaimer. That will be on my list for tomorrow! But if David wants to weigh in, here is what I heard in chapter 14 to be your standard for this book:
"Chapter [#] of [Book Title], read for librivox.org by BettyB. [Chapter Name]"
"End of chapter [#], This recording is in the public domain."
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

yes that is correct. It is currently the short disclaimer used for most poetry and sections less than 800 words in books I have recorded.

Betty
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

I am used to the "public domain" statement being at the beginning, but I as long as it is in each recording I am okay with that.

David O
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Sections 0-3 and 14 are PL OK.
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

Chapters 4 and 15 ready for PL.

Betty
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Chapter 4 is good except it doesn't include "This recording is in the public domain" at either end.
~ Hannah
Readers needed for: