COMPLETE Journal Tour to the Hebrides with Samuel Johnson-iq

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ogus

Post by ogus »

I've been abroad again (in Germany), hence the delay with the recording. Now section 6 posted.
Anthony
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section #6 PL OK :clap:

welcome back

aniroo
aniroo :wink:
ogus

Post by ogus »

Section 7 posted. Happy Easter!
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 7 PL OK :clap:

Not sure why, but I always feel a little peckish when listening to these sections :wink:

Thanks,
aniroo
ogus

Post by ogus »

Perhaps because of 18th century eating habits?! Section 8 posted.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 8 PL OK :clap:

aniroo
ogus

Post by ogus »

Section 9 posted. I have to admit that I had difficulties in this section both with the poetry in Latin and with the pronunciation of some of the Scottish place names. If you think that I should have another go at these, please tell me.

Anthony
ogus

Post by ogus »

A question for Ann.

I am intrigued by the fact that in the last month the number of viewings/downloads of my recording of Trollope's novel The Three Clerks jumped from just under 10,000 to over 30,000 and for that of his Eye for an Eye from just over 15,000 to nearly 40,000. Can you think of an explanation for this?

Anthony
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

There is another soloist that had the very same thing happen to one of his newly cataloged projects. Suddenly there was a bunch of interest, mostly coming from Poland! Honestly, I don't know what is going on or why it's happening. Maybe there is a Trollope festive happening somewhere in the world, and all the participants downloaded your recording! I guess it could be possible. :hmm:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

ogus wrote: April 26th, 2018, 11:35 am Section 9 posted. I have to admit that I had difficulties in this section both with the poetry in Latin and with the pronunciation of some of the Scottish place names. If you think that I should have another go at these, please tell me.

Anthony
Section 9 PL OK. :clap:

I hear no difficulties from either Latin or Scottish place names. It all sounded smooth, fluent and lovely. Just like all the others, which is probably why your other readings are so popular. :wink:

aniroo
ogus

Post by ogus »

Thanks Ann, for your response and thanks Ahiroo for not making me record those Latin odes again!
ogus

Post by ogus »

Section 10 posted. Forgot to tell you that I spent my honeymoon on the Isle of Skye.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

I know this is standard DPL , not word for word, but I was watching the text because it was near the end and I wanted to mark the next section in my text and I saw this error. @24:15 Yet hope not life from grief ( you read Pain[/b]) or danger free,

I know pain and grief are similar, but I think you should change it to Grief since it is a quote.

Everything else is great.

Was this a recent honeymoon?

aniroo
ogus

Post by ogus »

Many thanks for pointing out the error at the end of Section 10. Very oddly, in the text I use (which to this point has been identical with the Gutenberg) has "pain". I shall correct the recording and post it in the next few days.

Meanwhile you can check section 11. This is short because the journal entry for September 13th which follows (and contains the famous meeting with Flora Macdonald) is very long.

Anthony
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

ogus wrote: May 25th, 2018, 10:25 am Many thanks for pointing out the error at the end of Section 10. Very oddly, in the text I use (which to this point has been identical with the Gutenberg) has "pain". I shall correct the recording and post it in the next few days.

Meanwhile you can check section 11. This is short because the journal entry for September 13th which follows (and contains the famous meeting with Flora Macdonald) is very long.

Anthony
Section 11 PL OK :clap:

I look forward to hearing more about Flora McDonald