[COMPLETE] Fern's Hollow by Hesba Stretton - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

You are so fast! Thank you :D
~Tiffany
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 19 is pl ok. So glad you've taken on these last two sections, Mike.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Hello Mike, Tiffany, and Phil,
I'm just letting you know I probably won't jump so quickly on the last file when it's likely to come in because my father is in very bad condition, most of the people around him think 'this is it," and I'm spending my time and attention on prayer for him. He's 90-years-old but there is something special I want him to live at least another couple of years to see and celebrate, and though I've tried many times to turn his mind to his need for Jesus, I don't think he's ever really has put full faith and trust in Christ. He's one of the kindest people you could ask for -- his patients flooded our home with appreciation gifts for the personalized attention he gave and house calls he made when he was practicing internal medicine. Anyway, I'm spending my time and attention on prayer today and until he recovers or has passed. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated.

If one of you wants to proof the last file to get the project off to cataloging faster then I might, I won't take it at all amiss.

The sad part of finishing a project like this is the dispersal of team-mates doing this for love of God and other people. I hope to run into each of you on other projects.

God be with each of you.

Patricia
Pattymarie
2peltons

Post by 2peltons »

Here is my last chapter for this book with a time of 11:01.
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/fernshollow_20_stretton_128kb.mp3

Patricia, You have my thoughts and prayers for you and your Father.

Mike
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Thank you, so much, Mike. My father is better today though not out of the woods.

Thank you, too, for section 20 which is PL OK.

This is ready for the catalog, Phil.
Pattymarie
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

pattymarie wrote: March 10th, 2018, 5:33 pm Thank you, so much, Mike. My father is better today though not out of the woods.

Thank you, too, for section 20 which is PL OK.

This is ready for the catalog, Phil.
I am praying for you and your father Patty.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Thank you, Phil, and thank you, Tiffany, for starting this project. It has introduced me to an author whose works make us feel more palpably God's presence and work in our lives. Things in each of her books that I've found online since you put this project up intersect with my own life and relationships. After I shared my discovery of her with Monaxi, who has taken over the massive project of recording St. Cyril of Alexandria's Commentary on the Gospel of John with me as dpl, Monaxi took a break from St. Cyril to record Hesba Stretton's short work "The Christmas Child" that should be cataloged momentarily if it hasn't been already. It's been lovely to work with you for the first time and with Phil once again, and to meet Mike and Matthew. Blessings to all of you.
Pattymarie
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

I am so sorry for what you and your family must be going through right now! I know how hard it is to watch someone you love suffering and them being unsavd just makes it that much harder to see. I will definitely keep you in my prayers.

I am so glad you have enjoyed this author so much! She is an old favoorite of mine and was so helpful to me when I was going through a very traumatic event when I was in my early-mid teens. When I am in a situation to record again, which will not be for a while, I hope to record more of her books myself.

Thanks to everyone for all the work that went into this project! :clap: :clap: :clap: I am really looking forward to listening to it myself :D
~Tiffany
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

This project is complete and in our catalog at https://librivox.org/ferns-hollow-by-hesba-stretton/

Thanks pattymarie and Mike, who almost made this a solo! :thumbs:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Yay! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: A huge thank you to everyone involved :9:
~Tiffany
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Thanks to each of you for your work on this book. I have been following this project since I first ran across it and now have it downloaded and in line for listening. It is so good to learn of another godly author with helpful stories!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary