[Complete] The Golden Gems of Life - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MonkofHunk

Post by MonkofHunk »

Ok Tom i will get on that now! Thank you!
MonkofHunk

Post by MonkofHunk »

Revised -

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/goldengemsoflife_012_allen_128kb.mp3

Section number 12 - Aim of life.
Length of recording now 12:20

This version should have the mistake cut out! Thank you guys for the help uploading!!! Look forward to my next project!
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Section 12 is PL OK! :clap:
Section 28 is PL OK! :clap:
Section 83 is PL OK! :clap:
Section 85 is PL OK! :clap:
Section 86 is PL OK! :clap:
Section 91 is PL OK! :clap:

Lots of good readings here! Thank you everyone!
Tom Penn
RajVO

Post by RajVO »

Lynnet wrote: February 12th, 2018, 3:45 am
RajVO wrote: February 11th, 2018, 11:42 pm Hi Lynne,
I can read Section 15 'Perseverance', if available.
Raj. :)
Thank you
Here's my recording.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/goldengemsoflife_015_allen_128kb.mp3
Length is 14:39
Raj.
My Project Catalog
Cheers, Raj.
Visal

Post by Visal »

Hello, Lynnet

I would like to read sections 77 and 92
This will be my first recording and the pseudonym is Visal

Thank you
Visal, at your service.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Visal wrote: February 13th, 2018, 11:46 pm Hello, Lynnet

I would like to read sections 77 and 92
This will be my first recording and the pseudonym is Visal

Thank you
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will do this. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Section 15: A fine reading, Raj. Thank you for this. I have just a few technical items for your attention, all pretty simple to correct.

00:00 There should be an intro silence of between 0.5 and 1.0 seconds. This is to compensate for some mp3 players that cut off the first bit of the recording.

11:07.3 to 14:29 The volume for this section is considerably less than the volume of the rest of the recording, which listeners will notice. If you boost the amplitude of just this section by 7 db then the entire recording will have a consistent volume. Take care to boost only the section between the times I have listed. The rest of the recording is fine as is.

14:36 The silence at the end of the recording should be about 5 seconds long (say between 4.5 and 5.5 seconds). The silence here is a bit under 4 seconds.

These are all minor items but fixing them will make for an improved listener experience. The reading itself is wonderful. Thank you.
Tom Penn
RonBroachVoiceOver

Post by RonBroachVoiceOver »

Hello, I'm new to Librivox, although I do have some experience recording. I just had my 1 minute test approved last night. Feel free to let me know if I can do something "better".

I would like to do section 16 "Enterprise". Thanks, Ron.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

RonBroachVoiceOver wrote: February 15th, 2018, 2:40 am Hello, I'm new to Librivox, although I do have some experience recording. I just had my 1 minute test approved last night. Feel free to let me know if I can do something "better".

I would like to do section 16 "Enterprise". Thanks, Ron.
Hi Ron
I have added you to the catalog and assigned that section to you. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will be taken to your own catalog page.
All the information you need is in the first post, but if you have questions, please ask.
RonBroachVoiceOver

Thanks! I won't promise to be this fast every time, but here is section 16:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/goldengemsoflife_016_allen_128kb.mp3

My name can be listed as Ron Broach
Length of file is 11:16
Last edited by RonBroachVoiceOver on February 15th, 2018, 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
RonBroachVoiceOver

If you like that, I'd like to sign up for section 17 and 18.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

RonBroachVoiceOver wrote: February 15th, 2018, 8:26 am Thanks! I won't promise to be this fast every time, but here is section 16:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/goldengemsoflife_016_allen_128kb.mp3

My name can be listed as Ron Broach
Length of file is 11:16
Thank you. Tom will listen soon and give you feedback. I will sign you up for those other sections. Up to you whether you go ahead and record, or wait for tom's words of wisdom 8-)
drexinaz

Post by drexinaz »

Section 14 now ready for PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/goldengemsoflife_014_allen_128kb.mp3

Time: 12.53

Robert Drexler
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

drexinaz wrote: February 15th, 2018, 10:49 am Section 14 now ready for PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/goldengemsoflife_014_allen_128kb.mp3

Time: 12.53

Robert Drexler
Thank you
RajVO

Post by RajVO »

Penumbra wrote: February 14th, 2018, 7:08 pm Section 15: A fine reading, Raj. Thank you for this. I have just a few technical items for your attention, all pretty simple to correct.

00:00 There should be an intro silence of between 0.5 and 1.0 seconds. This is to compensate for some mp3 players that cut off the first bit of the recording.

11:07.3 to 14:29 The volume for this section is considerably less than the volume of the rest of the recording, which listeners will notice. If you boost the amplitude of just this section by 7 db then the entire recording will have a consistent volume. Take care to boost only the section between the times I have listed. The rest of the recording is fine as is.

14:36 The silence at the end of the recording should be about 5 seconds long (say between 4.5 and 5.5 seconds). The silence here is a bit under 4 seconds.

These are all minor items but fixing them will make for an improved listener experience. The reading itself is wonderful. Thank you.
Thanks for your feedback with encouraging words.
I'll work on the modifications and post it again soon.
Thanks again. Raj.
My Project Catalog
Cheers, Raj.