[Complete] The Wanderer's Necklace by H. Rider Haggard -lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Annyiee

Post by Annyiee »

Hi Tom, Thanks!! I replaced #5 with corrected one and left it as check PL notes but I did replace it so hopefully all is well. Should I have changed it somehow so you would know just by looking at the comments?

Sending a snowball for the holidays/Thanks again/Annyiee
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Annyiee wrote:Should I have changed it somehow so you would know just by looking at the comments?
The procedure is that when you update a file that has been PL'd, you change the status to "ready for spot PL" so it is clear that your DPL needs to do his thing. :) But you should also post to the thread like you did--that causes the system to send me a notification so I know to look to see what is going on.
Annyiee wrote:Sending a snowball for the holidays/Thanks again/Annyiee
Back atcha (well, I guess it would have to be a water balloon from here :lol: )
Tom Penn
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Section 05 is PL OK! :clap:
Section 07 is PL OK! :clap:

Section 06 has one item for your attention:
05:40 to 05:47 Repeated phrase "and you too her were as my twin"
Tom Penn
Annyiee

Post by Annyiee »

Here is #6 with correction, thanks again Tom/Annyiee
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Section 06 is PL OK! :clap:
Section 08 is PL OK! :clap:
Section 09 is PL OK! :clap:
Section 10 is PL OK! :clap:

Wow! You are just flying through this book. Well read!
Tom Penn
Annyiee

Post by Annyiee »

Hi Tom, What a relief!! (the OKs I mean) I'm having fun and I really like the story, reincarnation theme interests me. What a tangled web!

Thank you so very much for all your listening, I know you are busy trying to get your own work done. I'll get back with the program in a few days.

Have a great new years, it's always fun to start watching the fireworks a day before it's new years here....

Again thanks/Annyiee
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

You might start thinking about what you want to write for the summary (that bit at the top of the first post that right now says "tbd"). If you aren't sure what to write then look at the summary in the first post of some other projects to get a feel for it. You might also check out the Haggard books that have already been recorded to see what their summaries look like.

Happy New Year's Eve weekend.

Tom
Tom Penn
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Section 11 is PL OK! :clap:
A fine reading!

I see trouble with Irene on the horizon.
Tom Penn
Annyiee

Post by Annyiee »

Im feeling sick to have to read the next chapter #8, I was kinda hoping they'd do her in but alas, treachery is afoot. (Book 3 is in Egypt, Im so hoping they don't drag her along)

Thanks for your encouragement Tom, I am working on the summary, was going to try putting something on yesterday but sadly couldn't quite figure out how to do it..... :roll: hmmm

Have a happy new year, oh geez it IS New Years Eve for you isn't it??? Stay safe/Annyiee/All the best for 2018
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Annyiee wrote:I am working on the summary, was going to try putting something on yesterday but sadly couldn't quite figure out how to do it..... :roll: hmmm
I don't think you can edit the first post since it is one of mine (the MW is a special case). So if you post your summary here I will move it up where it belongs.

I'll be traveling much of this coming week so may not get section 12 PL'd until I get back. Sorry about the delay, but you are doing great and I'm sure anything I find will be minor.

I'm only a time zone or two away from you so yes, it is New Year's Eve here too. Hope you get to enjoy some fireworks. My plan is to stay home, go to bed early, and let the arrival of the new year look after itself.
Tom Penn
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

I just have time to PL section 12, which I have done.

I have two items, neither of which is critical:
First, I am hearing some slight plosives in this recording--nothing that needs to be re-recorded; this is just a suggestion that you check your mic placement.

23:56: there is a sentence missing from the recording: "Now I curtsied again and said:" I don't think leaving it out hinders a listener's understanding of the book at all, but as this is your book I thought I should give you the chance to decide if you cared. If it were my recording I would probably try recording and patching in the missing sentence, listen to the result, and keep it or delete it depending on how different my voice sounded that day. Either putting it in or leaving it out is fine. Your choice.

I won't be doing any more PL's until early next week, but I will check in now and then in case you have any questions.

Happy New Year!
Tom Penn
Annyiee

Post by Annyiee »

Happy New Year Tom! Sorry about the too close mic, I wish I had a set place for it, my mittens covering the mic are not always enough!

I have added the missing bit and posted it but here it is again:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/wan ... _128kb.mp3 30m15

Im done for a few days and will get to Book 3 shortly/Thanks/Annyiee
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Hi Annyiee:
I'm back from my travels and ready to start in on catching up with you. Two sections done:
Section 12 is PL OK! :clap:
Section 13 is PL OK! :clap:

Wonderfully read. Thank you!
Tom Penn
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Section 14 is PL OK! :clap:
Section 15 is PL OK! :clap:
Section 16 is PL OK! :clap:

Egypt, here we come!
Tom Penn
Penumbra