[Complete] The Wanderer's Necklace by H. Rider Haggard -lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Annyiee

Post by Annyiee »

Hi Tom yay thanks for all the listening!! I've posted last ones and will wait to see how they fare. I'll try to contribute to the notes on the book unless you have a flair for it (Im rather long winded....!) Hope I ended the last chapter properly, can do again if not.

Bloody COLD here -40 (doesn't matter celcius or farenheit at that temp same thing) the wind chill factor is wavering around -50 and I hear somewhere in Australia it was 114-117?? Man, that's crazy hot, I think I'll take the cold (actually I rather like it) Hope you're close to some cool water.

Thanks for everything Tom and where ever you are Lynette!

Annyiee
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Go ahead and post your summary here and I'll move it to the first post.
Tom Penn
Annyiee

Post by Annyiee »

"The Editor" is recalling a past life in the 8th century of a high born Norseman, Olaf who discovers several artifacts from another land on a warriors body in an already ancient tomb. He takes these, one a sword and the other a necklace which is missing half the strand, his goal is to find the woman who has the other half. When he defies Odin, the Norse god of his home, he flees to Constantinople where he becomes protector of seductive Empress Irene Augusta, who is not the woman with the necklace. His search for this unknown woman leads him to other parts of his world. This novel is showing how seperate events tie together present and past lives. Many treacheries happen in this adventure, political intrigue and matters of religion.

I tried......please change anything you feel is missing or too much.

I had MANY technical issues in #21 Tom. Half words being cut off through out, I unplug from the internet incase something is updating and messing things up. I've listened again and am thinking I should redo the whole thing. Hmmm, I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks/Annyiee
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

I noticed a few abrupt places but nothing bad enough to call for a redo in my opinion, so I'm passing the section. But if you want to redo it, go ahead. Just change the status back from PL OK to assigned so Lynne won't think we are done and start cataloging.

I think when bits start dropping out with Audacity it means the computer is too busy doing other stuff (or doesn't have enough memory available). Make sure, when you record, that you close out other programs that you don't need running.

Section 19 PL OK! :clap:
Section 20 PL OK! :clap:
Section 21 PL OK! :clap:

You've done a fabulous job with this book! Well done. :thumbs:

I'm going to offer you an alternative to your summary for you to consider. Remember, I'm nobody special, just another person with opinions. If you like yours better than mine, that's what we'll use. Or if you like some blend of the two, we can do that.

Lynne: we are not quite ready for cataloging yet. I'll let you know when. Thanks.
Tom Penn
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

OK, here's what I came up with. Feel free to reject it.

The Wanderer’s Necklace is classic Haggard, filled with adventure, intrigue, and steadfastness in the face of overwhelming obstacles. “The Editor" recalls his past life as Olaf, an 8th century Norseman. Olaf opens the ancient tomb of the Wanderer and discovers a sword and half a necklace on the warrior’s crumbling skeleton. Olaf must find the other half of the necklace, and the woman who wears it. Love, betrayal, a clash with Norse god Odin, and the attentions of toxic Byzantine Empress Irene test Olaf to his limits
Tom Penn
Annyiee

Post by Annyiee »

WOW...........I love it. Your good! I think it's excellent :D .

Thanks/Annyiee
Annyiee

Post by Annyiee »

I just looked further down the emails and saw the project is done???!!! :D

Yes I do close everything except word pad where I have cut and pasted the chapters. I hope I'll figure it out, sure makes for frustration. Anyway Im so excited that it's a go. I can't thank you enough for your hand holding and encouragement. If you need a reader at some point I'd love to help, until then I'll go browse. Great learning experience ,just finding out how to add to the project etc.

Thanks again Tom for all your help/Annyiee
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

So we're ready for the catalog? I'll paste Tom's summary into the project. There was nothing wrong with your summary, but his has a bit more punch.

I usually write the first draft after reading the first couple of chapters, and ask some questions "Who is the mysterious Aunt Maud and what family secret is she hiding?" before I know the answers. It can be changed later if I discover Aunt Maud is unimportant, but the real mystery is cousin Jack!
Annyiee

Post by Annyiee »

Hi Lynette, hey thanks for all your work, this has been a very rewarding experience. It's old hat for you guys but I loved it, no time like the first time!! :) I can see/hear where I need to improve things. I'll go look for a constructive criticism forum!

As far as I know it's good to go and I will never take offence at changing summary, it's actually a relief! Thanks for the summary pointers, I'll try them next time and maybe it won't seem so scary.

You are both very patient and I have really appreciated that so here's a clap for you both :clap: yay

Thanks/Annyiee
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-wanderers-necklace-by-h-rider-haggard/

Congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: