COMPLETE[PLAY]The Twin-Rivals by George Farquhar - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Good idea - I like that interpretation. Act 1 fixed again.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Act 1 (yes, that's exactly how I meant it :wink: ) and 3 are PL ok now. I loved the quick verbal exchange between Trueman and Aurelia here. You assembled that quite fast-paced and it provides the right mood. :thumbs:

I see you finished the rest too. Will try to PL both tonight still.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Act 4 is great too. I am always grinning when I hear Teague shpeak :lol: Monika really delivered a feat there. Chris is also wonderfully slimy as Subtleman. And Todd and Tomas really show off their differences in character when they are talking together. Wonderful job, the whole team. :thumbs:

I have one small note:

> at 13:12: p. 78: "Benjamin Wouldbe, aside to Subtleman" - could you insert a "Benjamin Wouldbe" from somewhere, otherwise it will refer to Teague who spoke before (only because it's a convention, although I know that nobody will mistake Benjamin fro Teague :mrgreen: )

The rest is perfect !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Act 5 is a wonderful finale. All the baddies get what they deserve. :clap: It's totally PL ok.

Great job, everyone. I believe that was the last Farquhar we had on offer :( but there's plenty of other plays and I hope to hear you all in those as well.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: September 11th, 2018, 12:31 pm Act 4 is great too. I am always grinning when I hear Teague shpeak :lol: Monika really delivered a feat there. Chris is also wonderfully slimy as Subtleman. And Todd and Tomas really show off their differences in character when they are talking together. Wonderful job, the whole team. :thumbs:

I have one small note:

> at 13:12: p. 78: "Benjamin Wouldbe, aside to Subtleman" - could you insert a "Benjamin Wouldbe" from somewhere, otherwise it will refer to Teague who spoke before (only because it's a convention, although I know that nobody will mistake Benjamin fro Teague :mrgreen: )

The rest is perfect !

Sonia
Fixed Act 4. Many thanks.

I really enjoyed everyone's wonderful performances on this last Farquhar and am sorry there are no more plays by him. But I still have other plays to offer that might prove just as entertaining, so fear not.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: September 12th, 2018, 5:08 am Fixed Act 4. Many thanks.
I'm on it. Give me 2 minutes, then you can archive ;)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

all right, Act 4 PL ok.

Carry it away before Florence hits the powerlines.

Great editing job, as always :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-twin-rivals-by-george-farquhar/

Many thanks to all of you!

Todd