COMPLETE[PLAY]The Twin-Rivals by George Farquhar - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jfgallagher wrote: September 8th, 2018, 8:28 pm Well, it has been a rainy Saturday...so I had plenty of time to record!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twinrivals_trueman_2.mp3 recording time 03:35
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twinrivals_trueman_3.mp3 recording time 01:18
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twinrivals_trueman_4.mp3 recording time 01:53
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twinrivals_trueman_5.mp3 recording time 11:04
Please let me know what I need to work on!
well I'm back and had a listen through it all. Wonderful play-acting, Jim :clap: Trueman really deserves his name, he's such an upright, honest man and you play his forceful scenes where he is outraged, very well. The whole part is excellently characterized. And I found no missing lines.

Only one single thing needs correcting and that is the voice credit:

> could you please give us the entire description: "Captain Trueman, his Nephew, and friend to Hermes Wouldbe, read by Jim Gallagher"

you could maybe insert that at the beginning of Act 2, then I'll mark all the other acts PL ok already.

Thanks for joining this play :9:

And that means, Acts 2, 4 and 5 are totally ready to be assembled, Todd !!!!!! You've got work to do.

Sonia
jfgallagher

Post by jfgallagher »

Well, I made a mental note to pencil in the full character name at the top of my script...but I must have run out of ink! :roll:

I will have it to you later today.

Jim
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great.

Thanks, Todd
jfgallagher

Post by jfgallagher »

Here is Captain Trueman from Act II, with the revised intro:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twinrivals_trueman_2.mp3 recording time 03:33

Rather than drag everything out again I recorded it on my phone. I like it enough that I'm thinking about doing a lot more recording with my phone!

Please let me know if there is anything else that needs my attention.

Jim
benderca

Post by benderca »

jfgallagher wrote: September 9th, 2018, 3:22 pm Here is Captain Trueman from Act II, with the revised intro:
Yay! My hero has finally arrived to save the day!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have updated all the five act drafts with the parts we have so far. If only the Alderman would arrive!

Thanks, Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Love to play the groveling Alderman.
Recording in a few minutes.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: September 10th, 2018, 8:29 am Love to play the groveling Alderman.
Recording in a few minutes.
Larry !!! so great you're jumping in here. :9: That will make this play fully claimed and we're almost done.

Enjoy the grovelling :lol:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Acts 1 and 2 read for final PL (except for the missing Alderman voice credit).

Thanks, Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, I got so many interruptions this morning just editing this short file!
Then discovered I was still in the wrong time zone.

Anyway, here is the Alderman.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twinrivals_alderrman_3.mp3
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: September 10th, 2018, 9:13 pm Oh, I got so many interruptions this morning just editing this short file!
Then discovered I was still in the wrong time zone.
:shock: does that mean you got up way too early this morning ?
wonderful performance, Larry. I'm so glad you took this role. You really gave this man a jovial, but sycophantic character and it's well played out. :thumbs: And nothing missing, so it's PL ok.

Thanks so much for jumping in at the last minute.

And that means, we have all the roles in :9:

Todd, I will PL some other jobs first, maybe when I get to Act 1 in a few hours, you may have inserted Larry's voice credit already.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok, I started with Act 2 first. Wonderful acting by all of us :9: It's really great to hear all the schemes and plots come together in dialogues now. Ohhh we are all such perfect rogues. :lol: Aurelia, Constance and Trueman excepted - they are the good guys, but equally well acted out. :thumbs:

Excellently assembled, Todd. I only have one small request:

> at 27:06: “Hah !” compared to the rest of the volume, this exclamation hurt my ears. I think with -5 dB it would be loud enough, so that innocent listeners won’t get a heart attack. :?

Will start on Act 1 now after all... too eager to hear it.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Act 1 is a perfect start into the play. :thumbs: I'm amazed so few people have only been introduced in the first act. But the great characters make it very interesting. I was hooked from the start.

A few notes here:

> at about 2:01: missing voice credit for Alderman

> at 6:35: (p. 12): missing stage directions “whispers”. I think that is needed here because Richmore’s exclamation surely is the result of what is whispered to him

> at 16:51: (p. 17): stage direction “drinks” – I think that maybe this should be put at 16:49, after Benjamin Wouldbe says “I’ll pledge you, Mr Balderdash.” Doesn't it make more sense that Wouldbe would drink and not the vintner ? :hmm:

The rest totally fine, as always.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Acts 1 and 2 fixed as suggested; Act 3 also ready for PL.

Love the way the voices all go together!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: September 11th, 2018, 5:32 am Acts 1 and 2 fixed as suggested; Act 3 also ready for PL.
Act 2 is now PL ok

Concerning Act 1:

> at 6:28:”Benjamin Wouldbe whispers” – no sorry, I explained this badly. :oops: I didn’t mean that he would whisper all the following sentences. I think after “Harkee” he will whisper something that is not in the script and the audience won’t hear. Probably some scandal about a woman. And that’s why Richmore exclaims “How !” So in my opinion it should run:

Harkee ... (whispers) .... How !

but if you are not of that opinion, we can also leave it as you wish.

Sonia