COMPLETE SOLO Mountain Interval by Robert Frost-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ej400

Post by ej400 »

All three are PL OK! Your a very excellent reader, and I enjoy listening each and every time.

Thank you
Elijah
misterlukey

Post by misterlukey »

Thank you! I ran out of peace and quiet today, but I'll do the last two as soon as I can.
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them." (Mark Twain)
misterlukey

Post by misterlukey »

Elijah and MaryAnn,

I'm about to sit down and try to get the last two poems recorded, but I have a question for both of you. Would it be all right for me to try another take at "The Road Not Taken"? I don't want to create extra work for either of you, but I feel that the first track is, paradoxically, the most important poem in the book and the least "polished" recording.

Elijah, would you be willing to PL a second take?

MaryAnn, do you see any potential problems? Are there any special steps I should take regarding the file name or the upload?

Thank you so much for all your time and help! I'm really excited that it's almost finished.
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them." (Mark Twain)
misterlukey

Post by misterlukey »

Uploaded section 26: "The Vanishing Red"
Uploaded section 28: "The Sound of the Trees"

By the way, if it makes a difference, I have already recorded and edited my "take two" for "The Road Not Taken". In case you had any hesitation about that, I wanted you to know that you wouldn't have to wait a month (or two) for the track. Thanks!
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I'd say you can do it again if you'd like. It's all up to you. There aren't really any complications. I'd be happy to PL it for you, if you wish. 'Twas a good poem, so I'd say give er a go! :D <smile>
misterlukey

Post by misterlukey »

Thank you, Elijah! MaryAnn, what do you think?
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Section 26 is PL OK!

PL notes for Section 28:

@ 1:20-1:25 There are a couple of seconds of silence... where I thought you were done reading. If you could please cut out like 2 or 3 seconds, that would be great.

You could also remove another second of silence at the end of the recording too, there are 6 seconds at the end.

But great reading, I enjoyed. :D <smile>
misterlukey

Post by misterlukey »

Thank you! I will edit and re-upload tomorrow.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

If Elijah is willing to PL the second version, just upload it using the same file name. It will replace the first file in the link in the MW, and then Elijah can PL.

MaryAnn
misterlukey

Post by misterlukey »

Thank you! I will upload that tomorrow with the edited version of section 28.
misterlukey

Post by misterlukey »

Well, I got too excited and I'm up way past my bedtime. I just uploaded both tracks and marked them "Ready for PL." Please let me know if the new track for section 1 loads for you. You'll know right away if it does, because you'll see a track length of 2:12 instead of 1:55. I only mention it because the new one shows up in the BC Admin screen, but when I tried to load it in the "Magic Window" on my phone it kept pulling up the old track. I'm guessing my phone is retrieving a cached copy or something.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Section 1 & 28 are PL OK!

Well, it was a delight PLing this for you, thank you so much! :D <smile>

Elijah
misterlukey

Post by misterlukey »

Huzzah! Elijah, thank you so much. MaryAnn, what happens next? Is there anything else I can/should do?
ej400

Post by ej400 »

All MaryAnn will need to do now, is to catalog this. Me and you are both done... congrats on completing your first solo! :D <smile>
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/mountain-interval-by-robert-frost-2/