[COMPLETE] [Dram Read] Story of the Amulet, E. Nesbit-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I really like the voices! Remember that the process of exporting to MP3 and editing and re-exporting will "flatten" the expression a bit, so these are perfect! :mrgreen:

The only comment I would add is that coughs, laughs and long pauses lengthen the recording and make it "drag" if there are too many, so be aware of that. If every character went "cough, speech" or "laugh, speech, dramatic pause, speech" etc, the text would get very stretched out.
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

If section 41 is still open - Mother of the Expelled Boy - is still open, I’d like to claim that role. I see that it says “assigned”, but there’s no name there for the claim.

Also, I’d love to claim section 6 - the Pet Shop Owner. I can do a gruff Cockney man’s voice. :D
Thank you! :D
Linda
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Linda - you're in for both of those parts!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Hi Beth!
I just wanted to remind you to link Jasmin's account "Unicorn" with section 40 Expelled Boy Ch 12. She's already recorded all her parts -- I just need to edit them. I also wanted to let you know that I finished recording Rekh-Mara, but probably will be needing an extension for editing time. I have several deadlines coming up at the same time (plus I took on a couple of orphaned roles for which people are breathing down my neck :D ).

Thanks for your patience!
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thanks, Beth; I saw that we'd lost our prooflistener. I hope I don't take up too much of your time.

Here's the narrator, chapter 11: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_11_narrator.mp3

(31.56)

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks folks! MW updated.

(I'm not too concerned about strict due dates at this stage, since we aren't even fully cast, apart from Chapter 1. I might remind some of the main characters to keep moving on their parts, but realistically we aren't close to editing the end chapters yet anyway.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Beth, if you like, I can help with some PLing of parts, too.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

By the way, did you see this post of mine?
mightyfelix wrote: January 20th, 2018, 10:09 pm Beth, I went ahead and PLed all of Anthea's lines, since I had time, and to head off any delays in editing down the road. All beautifully done! The very picture of the eldest sibling who always seems to know what needs to be done! :D I only found two things, and one of them is kind of a "maybe."

In chapter 6, you missed one group line. At about 1:42, Anthea says with the boys, "Done!"

And in chapter 10, Anthea says "hundreds and hundreds." You said "hundreds and thousands." It's at about 3:08-3:10. I think it would work just fine this way, too, though, so it's your decision whether or not to correct it.
Now that the narrator Ch. 6 is PL ok, I started pasting things in, which is what reminded me of this.

EDIT: I took the liberty of marking these two sections See PL notes. I hope this is ok.
benderca

Post by benderca »

Elizabby wrote: February 5th, 2018, 4:03 pm Thanks folks! MW updated.
(I'm not too concerned about strict due dates at this stage, since we aren't even fully cast, apart from Chapter 1. I might remind some of the main characters to keep moving on their parts, but realistically we aren't close to editing the end chapters yet anyway.
Yay! That's what I thought, which is why I'm trying to finish the parts for which everyone is waiting on the edge of their seats (even though the deadlines are not coming up yet). Just wanted to let you know. :D
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Here's the narrator for chapter 12: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_12_narrator.mp3

(27.37)

I wasn't able to open the google doc for the chapter in the magic window this evening, so I've not checked my recording against your text. Watch out for mistakes!

Peter
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

Expelled Boy's Mother
I guess neither I nor my poor son have a name :cry: . This is a cruel world you have conjured me into. :wink:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_12_expelledboysmother_128kb.mp3 7:21
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Narrator PL ok for chapter 5.

Chapter 7, narrator says " said Cyril; but Anthea felt that she could not have said a word to save her life." It should have been " said Robert; but Anthea felt that she could not have said a word to save her life."

EDIT: Forgot to say that was at 27:21-27:27.
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thanks for catching that: narrator for chapter 7 has been corrected and re-uploaded.

Peter
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks everyone - I'm not well at the moment, I'll do my best to update this weekend. Currently have my head in a bucket... :(
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

“I'm not well at the moment, I'll do my best to update this weekend.”

No, don’t. That ol’ admin stuff will easily wait a while. Look to your health and well-being without thoughts of obligation, and come back to everything next week or whenever when you’re fit and well.

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox