MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I've posted an advert here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=69447

MaryAnn
RogerioM

Post by RogerioM »

Hello, MaryAnn!

I've finished recording and uploading the remaining sections.

Project completed!!!

:D

Thanks!
RogerioM

Post by RogerioM »

Hello, MaryAnn,

I'd like to know whether someone volunteered to be the proof-listener for this project.

Thank you!
Rogerio
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Rogerio,

No one has volunteered to PL yet. Let me think about who are Portuguese readers are - maybe we can ask one of them.

Or do you know someone who may like to listen? We can get them signed up for LV!

MaryAnn
nataly25

Post by nataly25 »

I would like to help proof listening, but this would be my first time doing so. Is that a deterrent?
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Nataly,

We would LOVE to have you! We all started somewhere and PLing is a great place to plug in.

We have proof listening help on the Wiki here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Guia_para_Revisores_de_%C3%81udio_(Proof-listeners)
Níveis de Revisão de Áudio

Verifique sempre o primeiro post para saber qual o nível PL solicitado, ou deixe uma mensagem no tópico para perguntar. Por favor, não dê feedback além do nível que lhe foi pedido. .

Em geral, nós pedimos por "revisor padrão" (standard listening) -- repetições e pausas:
  • Escute a gravação para perceber se há palavras ou passagens repetidas que o leitor provavelmente pretendia cortar na edição.
  • Verifique se há uma qualquer pausa longa ou ruídos de fundo que atrapalhem a fluidez da escuta.
  • Verifique se tanto a introdução como o texto de fim da gravação condizem com as instruções dadas no primeiro post do projeto e, se existem 5 segundos de silêncio no fim da gravação (ou 10 segundos se a gravação tiver mais que 30 minutos).
  • Se o som da gravação lhe parecer demasiado alto ou baixo, também deve referir isso.
  • NÃO é necessário seguir com o texto; basta ouvir como você faria normalmente.
    Um pedido para revisão palavra perfeita (word-perfect) (Exemplo: A Relatividade de Einstein) inclui todos os itens mencionados acima mas acompanhando a leitura com suporte do texto:
  • Siga a leitura pelo texto online e tome nota de qualquer diferença entre o que está escrito e o que ouve. (Nota: Às vezes, o texto online está errado, ou diferente da edição com que o
Notas do Revisor de Áudio

Uma boa nota de um revisor de áudio fornece o minuto e segundo em que uma pausa, repetição ou outro erro ocorreu

12:33 repetição, "As conchas do mar..." (aos 12 minutos, 33 segundos)
27:54 pausa, cerca de 7 segundos
31:02 "comiseração", leia "comissão"

Para ver o tempo do áudio, você vai precisar baixar o arquivo e abri-lo num leitor de áudio. Quando só se clica num arquivo, na maioria das vezes o ficheiro abre no QuickTime na janela do navegador (em alguns computadores), mas essa janela não exibirá o tempo do áudio. Se abrir o aplicativo QuickTime e em seguida abrir o arquivo de áudio guardado no QuickTime, você verá o tempo.

As pessoas depressa aprendem a editar os erros do seu arquivo do último para o primeiro - desta maneira as notas sobre os tempos permanecem precisas durante toda a correção.
Please begin listening whenever you are ready. Post your comments here, or say that the section is PL OK!

Meanwhile, I will set things up so you can add the "PL OK" directly to the Magic Window.

MaryAnn
nataly25

Post by nataly25 »

I have proof listened the first section, and it is good to go!
It is crystal clear, no mistakes or noises found, and the opening and closing credits are in order.

However, I haven't been able to access or edit this magic window thing. I found nothing on it in neither the PL guide or the Beginner's recording guide...
nataly25

Post by nataly25 »

Sections 2 & 3 are also PL OK :)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Nataly,

So sorry about that, I was heading out of town for the weekend last Friday and I assumed that the house we were at would have internet. No luck, so I am just back and getting caught up.

You are now added as DPL.

You'll need to start by logging into the magic window. Instructions are in the BC How-to; and this is a more detailed version of the First Login instructions (with pictures!)

Passwords for the MW and the forums are kept on different systems. Many people set them to be the same, but you need to remember that changing one does not automatically change the other.

Once you get logged in, continue to post your "PL OKs" or any notes in the thread, but also change the status for that section to reflect "PL OK" or "see PL Notes", as appropriate.

Any questions, please let me know.

MaryAnn
nataly25

Post by nataly25 »

Thanks! I will get it going. :)
nataly25

Post by nataly25 »

Sections 4, 5 & 6 all PL OK
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Excellent.
thanks for the update.
M.A.
nataly25

Post by nataly25 »

7 & 8 PL ok.
nataly25

Post by nataly25 »

9, 12, 13, 14 & 15 PL Ok. :)
nataly25

Post by nataly25 »

16 is PL okay.

I am not quite sure about 17. This is the first time I proof listen and I don't know how strict one has to be when it comes to the ending credits.

In the thread body it says:

'At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of Páginas Recolhidas, by Joaquim Maria Machado de Assis."'

However the name of the author is not mentioned in the end of this last section.